Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - Coming August 27th 2013 to PC and PS3!

FFXIV Character

Lumos Lightheart (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I pretty much always expected it to be sometime in August. It's good that they're still giving themselves time to fix any bugs that come up. Also, I'm interested to know how early this early access is for Legacy characters...

EDIT: Aulayna, I think we'll know by the end of phase three. I'm still waiting to hear back from two very key members of our Linkshell.
    I have no idea. I'll probably be waiting a little longer.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Have we got a definite plan on what servers we'll be rolling on? Although as far as I've heard any copy of the game can play on any region so it should be fine for me to pre-order the EU one right?
    Sorry, a little late: This is correct. Another key EU-based member of our Linkshell has decided to make the shift to NA servers, so it's likely the rest of us will follow suit at this rate. Hopefully it'll work out.
    Personally, I was very surprised at the late August date. I really expected late July, mid August at most. With early access to consider, I think I'm going to have to reschedule my "staycation" plans for August. Initially scheduled the week of the 12th off. Going to move that to the 20th I think...especially considering the week of the 12th looks like complete downtime for anything (beta/early access)...

At this point I really only care about making sure Lumos gets on the correct server (with Vaughn, and our two LS's) and it not filling up before I/we do. Any other playtime I get is pure icing on the cake. Living in Florida, I worry about Hurricanes in the summertime, especially August, and I'm praying to The Twelve that I am not without power or internet on the fateful day that I need to get Lumos where she needs to be.

Pre-ordered the physical PC CE (NA) direct from SE Online Store, as apparently that's the only place we can for NA. I would rather have pre-ordered from Amazon or arranged for pick-up at my local GameStop, but ... oh well... had to order!!

Bob - the "key" members being Tony & Ariya? So ..... NA?!?! That would make things soooooooooooooooooooooo much easier for Vaughn and me!

Also, I posted on our LS thread over yonder..... would love for you to weigh in on all my spastic questions!

I'm really curious to know if our server selection in Phase 4 is our final server destination, or if final server is selected in Early Access, or on August 27.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

There will probably be a server change feature, even if it would cost money.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumos View Post
    Also, I posted on our LS thread over yonder..... would love for you to weigh in on all my spastic questions!
    Steely! She's confirmed for NA now. I'm nagging Val to see if she's gonna follow, and if she is, it's likely that almost everyone else will, too... hopefully we can always just transfer back if there are lag issues or too few people online during our hours, but I don't think it should be the end of the world.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Can anyone actually find the physical EU collector's edition for pre-order?

FFXIV Character

Lumos Lightheart (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumos View Post
    Steely! She's confirmed for NA now. I'm nagging Val to see if she's gonna follow, and if she is, it's likely that almost everyone else will, too... hopefully we can always just transfer back if there are lag issues or too few people online during our hours, but I don't think it should be the end of the world.
    Yay!!! Steely, Val, and EVERYONE!

Ok ~ so I know all my questions are probably spastic, but I was referring to a recent post I made over at that "other" thread that I had made regarding Sargatanas/Linkshells.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Just pre-ordered the CE. Looking forward to playing with everyone!

I think these are some:
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition (with early | PC | Video Games | ShopTo
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition (with early | PS3 | Video Games | ShopTo

But I'd just wait until all stores update themselves, such as Amazon.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    I think these are some:
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition (with early | PC | Video Games | ShopTo
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition (with early | PS3 | Video Games | ShopTo

But I'd just wait until all stores update themselves, such as Amazon.
    Awesome. Though you're right, I should contain myself and wait for it to show up on Amazon etc! Just so excited xD

I had to buy it through EB Games locally since it was too much trouble to get from Europe. There goes $120... I couldn't help myself.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Am I missing something? Is there no PC CE available in the US?

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I had a hard time finding the PC CE edition for Canada, in the end I went with SE's own site. Amazon might have it or they ran out. Best bet is SE's store though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    I had a hard time finding the PC CE edition for Canada, in the end I went with SE's own site. Amazon might have it or they ran out. Best bet is SE's store though.
    Even on the official site they only list the digital version. No physical copy with books and such.

EDIT: Okay, so from what I can surmise, the physical stuff (art book, et al.) only comes with the PS3 CE. The only PC CE seems to be the digital download one.

So obviously if I got one CE, I'd have to get two because my wife would want the goodies too.

I'm guessing I can get one PS3 CE and one digital download PC CE and get all the digital goodies as well as getting one set of the physical goodies.

Problem is, I don't care to play the PS3 version. We'll both be playing on PC. I would assume that it shouldn't matter what disc it comes on if you can log in with your credentials, but I could be wrong.

So is it possible to get one PS3 CE and one PC CE and be able to play both on PC?
    Last edited by Yeargdribble; 07-05-2013 at 08:10 AM.

They did sell the physical CE for PC only through SE's official store. However I think they sold out fairly quickly! This is only for NA I think, as in Europe and Australia we could order through other retailers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You can only play one account on both PC and PS3 if the account has been registered on both (meaning you need to buy both).