Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - Coming August 27th 2013 to PC and PS3!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - Coming August 27th 2013 to PC and PS3!

The news some of us have been waiting for has finally landed. Square Enix have officially announced that FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN will be hitting stores and going live on August 27th 2013 on both PC and Playstation 3. Subscription fees start at £7.69 in the UK and €10.99 in Europe.

There are also pre-order bonuses available for players that provide early access, a Cait-Sith non-combat pet and a decorative Mog Hat that can be worn ingame.

Square Enix have also revealed details of the contents of the Collector's Edition. Besides coming packaged in a beautiful box it will also feature a whopping 80-page art book, a bonus disc containing the cinematic events that led up to the events of FFXIV and the start of A Realm Reborn, a soundtrack CD featuring some of the new tracks, five character art cards and a security token to help secure your account. Additionally, as with any good Collector's Edition these days there are in-game bonus items abound: the Helm of Light, a baby Behemoth non-combat pet, a Couerl Mount and Behemoth Barding!

Shinies!

For more information about pre-orders and the digital and physical Collector's Editions head on over to the official site!

Will you be returning to Eorzea or starting your adventures there for the first time? Let us know in the comments below and keep your eyes on EoFF for coverage from the beta as it continues next month!

[source: IGN]
    Last edited by Aulayna; 05-23-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I... I don't know if I can resist getting another collector's edition if all that will be included for EU, too. ;_; God damn.

EDIT: Oh, that was from the FFXIV EU site. Well, there we go, then. Shut up and take my money.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

If you already have the original XIV Collector's Edition you get all the digital contents for free. Just depends how much you want the book and the other physical stuff! (which, knowing you, the answer is probably: A LOT )

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

A lot, yes.

Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Have we got a definite plan on what servers we'll be rolling on? Although as far as I've heard any copy of the game can play on any region so it should be fine for me to pre-order the EU one right?

Oh, i'm broke now, but i had to preorder the collector's edition.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Man, I really want the CE but 4 months is such a long wait, I was expecting this thing to be out at the end of june, mid july, but the end of august?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

To be honest I'm not really excited for this anymore. But I'll play it all the same.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I pretty much always expected it to be sometime in August. It's good that they're still giving themselves time to fix any bugs that come up. Also, I'm interested to know how early this early access is for Legacy characters...

EDIT: Aulayna, I think we'll know by the end of phase three. I'm still waiting to hear back from two very key members of our Linkshell.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Didn't they say that Beta 4 will carry into launch? I would assume anyone in Beta 4 would also get early access?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    Didn't they say that Beta 4 will carry into launch? I would assume anyone in Beta 4 would also get early access?
    I don't believe Arcanist and other such things will be in Beta 4.

FFXIV Character

No but they did say character data from Beta 4 would carry into launch!

It would seem weird to offer those who have pre-ordered early access but then deny it to those who already own it or have been beta-ing. I know Legacy peeps will be getting early access, but what about the rest?

I am probably gonna upgrade my Standard copy to Digital Deluxe once it comes out (service will only be available then).

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    No but they did say character data from Beta 4 would carry into launch!
    And it probably will (for everyone or nobody, too).
    It would seem weird to offer those who have pre-ordered early access but then deny it to those who already own it or have been beta-ing. I know Legacy peeps will be getting early access, but what about the rest?
    Those with Legacy are the only ones that paid for FFXIV to stay alive during the times when they obviously needed the money most. There were things promised to them and this is one of those things - expect to see a lot of "OMG I HATE LEGACY PEOPLE AND THEIR BONUSES" rage.

FFXIV Character

It was more of a question than hating on Legacy (which is stupid in my opinion). Just seemed like SE are being unclear about exactly what's gonna happen between Beta 4 and Launch. While Legacy is a different thing altogether, I feel that those who are just pre-ordering FFXIV: ARR for the first time and the non-Legacy FFXIV 1.xx owners are pretty much on the same page. So it seems odd to offer early access to one and not the other.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

If they don't get it already, non-Legacy FFXIV players can pay $19.99 to upgrade to Collector's Edition status and get early access as well. Given that to receive legacy status in the first place, players had to pay for 90 cumulative days (~$45), it seems like a pretty good deal to me.