Thread: An idea about a tattoo i want

Default An idea about a tattoo i want

I have been thinking for quite a while now of a tattoo idea, and I think I have got one, but I can't draw to save my life.

I am mainly posting here because I was wondering if anyone had feedback, or just wanted to take a swing at it.

What I have thought about was pokemon related, since I owe pokemon alot(another story for another time). I love Bulbasaur more than almost any pokemon(number one is definatly arcanine), and the idea....Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur all three coming from a pokeball in as much detail as possible.

What does the artist community think of an idea I hope is different?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, I'm a huge fan of tattoos - even more if they're nerdy!

There is a series of Pokemon tattoos that I really like - here is a tribal style Ivysaur that is just... to die for really!

Have you thought much about the art style? Would you go purely for the anime of the three pokemon? I know that there are drawings of Pokemon looking realistic like this one. You may not like that particular one, but it will give you an idea of how you can make the Pokemon a bit different and more unique.

Also, the best advice I can offer you is to find a tattooist who will sit and draw up ideas for you - this way you know you'll get a 100% unique tattoo, and I always think that a tattooist who is willing to do that is much better than one who won't. I sent my tattooist an elephant design I really liked, and he didn't use that design at all - and drew up something much better than what I thought I wanted. He was awesome!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Find a really good artist. Not just a decent one, but one whose work really impress you. He'll be able to figure something out.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...