Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which platform did you play this game on?

Bought the PS1 Origins version off the Playstation Store, played it on me PS3. Also have that same version on PSP and Vita (yay, account systems!).

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Whatever one you buy off PSN. I played it on the PSP.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

You can buy both FF:Origins and FF1 on the PSN. Origins is (mostly) faithful to the original gameplay whereas the FF1 one is the more balanced, and significantly easier, Dawn of Souls version.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

I originally played it on the NES when i really young and fell in love with it from the beginning. I have played all the other versions but still prefer the original.

NES and am currently replaying on PS3 through Origins. They made it a lot easier since you don't have to try and hit enemies already dead.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I always found it a matter of personal satisfaction knowing exactly which combination of my characters would least overkill it to make my turn as effective as possible.

It was fun pinpointing who needs to attack who so you don't end up having two people swinging at the air. Also I just stepped in the item shop to buy a heal/potion which is easier in Origins. Back on NES I had my little turbo controller under a few books to make shopping easier.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

For me it was the improvements to the menus and the shopping UI and other stuff like that that I really liked about the FFO version. The auto-targeting didn't actually do all that much more me, as I usually ended up custom targeting each one of my attacks to make my turn as effective as possible.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

GBA
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

The GBA version on my first-model DS. Much fun was had.

NES is the only way to play

and I originally played/beat it on NES too which means no speedups

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Ages ago, a cousin of mine and I were at a non-chain video rental store. We were fans of the original Dragon Warrior, and the box art of the original Final Fantasy told us that it would be a similar experience. The offered to sell the game instead of renting it, so my Aunt bought the game for my cousin. I was sleeping over at their house that night, so basically we played Final Fantasy all night. I eventually got my parent's to buy me a copy, and I have been a fan ever since.

These days I usually play an emulated version of the NES original when I run through this game. I still have an original copy, but I rather not risk my NES freezing up on me or my data being randomly deleted.

Dawn of Souls for the GBA. It was more recent than Origins and I didn't want to miss any added content.

PS1 =D in fact origins is my first final fantasy game and i got it a little over a week ago now xD

i <3 it so far!

Articles
    Blog Entries

PlayStation. Before I had my own consoles my brother was the one who had all the systems and the games and for one reason or another he never got either Final Fantasy game for the NES. We never got a SNES, after Nintendo it was all Sega and PlayStation so the first Final Fantasy games I played I had to get on the PlayStation. Played I, II, V and VI on their remastered PlayStation versions, but I also played Crystal Chronicles for the Gamecube and XIII on the 360. So, PlayStation mostly, but I'll play on any console I have available.

Oh, this was in the Old School board. Haha, I can't read.