Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default Favourite Boss Fight?

Which boss did you enjoy fighting the most in FFVII?

For me it has to be Proud Clod because I thought it was the perfect manifestation of Scarlet and Heidegger's insanity and egotism.

Plus it had a giant gun

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

The first time through was JENOVA Life. The music combined with being the most difficult boss encountered so far is what sells that encounter. Nowadays I want to say the Demon's Wall; Keep Great Gospel up and enjoy your last few minutes with Aerith by just turbo-dunking the hardest boss on disc one.

Bottom Swell or all Wutai bosses. Wutai is like an anime filler. You don't need it to proceed with the main story but it is amusing, interesting and gives you extra details, both Corneo and the Gods. The fights alone are not much for me, I need to connect them with their story part, except I would say Ruby but I don't since it is just a gag boss.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 05-26-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Which boss did you enjoy fighting the most in FFVII?

For me it has to be Proud Clod because I thought it was the perfect manifestation of Scarlet and Heidegger's insanity and egotism.

Plus it had a giant gun
    Hahaha!

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That first boss, Barrett cracked me the hell up for some reason when I first played.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

No idea, maybe Sephiroth (I consider both forms to be a single boss fight) or Godo. Honeslty, gameplay-wise, the opponents are a bit lackluster in the creativity department in this game, at least compared to other FFs.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbreakable Will View Post
    That first boss, Barrett cracked me the hell up for some reason when I first played.
    "Attack when its tail is up"

Ok. Attack!

Tail Laser.

WTF, man!

"It'll counter attack with its laser!"

Oh, thanks for the warning, jerk.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

Yeah, is that some kind of translation error, or what? It's so mean.

Jenova-LIFE... The fight is just so darn emotional with that music and what just happened. I still sometimes 16 years later have a lump in my throat during that fight. Without using speedrunning strats, it's also a very difficult fight, which you don't wanna lose otherwise you have to watch "that" again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    Jenova-LIFE... The fight is just so darn emotional with that music and what just happened. I still sometimes 16 years later have a lump in my throat during that fight. Without using speedrunning strats, it's also a very difficult fight, which you don't wanna lose otherwise you have to watch "that" again.
    Difficult? A water-type boss? You don't need anything except something against it. Difficult if you try it for the first time and don't know anything and are not prepared (intended or not). But this boss can easily be prepared for in general.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-17-2013 at 12:37 AM.

oh i agree but i find alot of casual players dont know what to use or just forget to prepare for it.

The last turk battle in Midgar Undersiege I believe and a tie with the 'final' Sephiroth after safer. After playing it for a bit I didn't use Omnislash. You win anyway. There might be a handful of people who don't know why, and will have to find out still.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Demon Gate, when I first faced him I was vastly underleveled and Aerith only had about 740hp and died very quickly against him, now I always look forward to the challenge he presents.

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

When I was a kid I struggled against Reno. I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the pyramids.