Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What elements of the story/world do you wish you could explore more?

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default What elements of the story/world do you wish you could explore more?

While a lot of people seem to dislike VIII for many reasons (orphanage twist, main party, junctioning, etc), I do think that there are a lot of things mentioned in the game that I think a lot of people would enjoy if they could have been focused on more. While I love VIII, there are many things brought up in the game that I wish could have been expanded upon/given it's own game/etc. What part of the world/story/lore of this game do you wish you could see more of?

One thing I've always thought is that Laguna should have his own game. I've always liked Laguna's side of the story, and I think it would be interesting to see his side of the travels and getting some more information in the Sorceress War.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I really, really, really, really love the Shumi/Moomba thing. I desperately wish they extended the lore surrounding it. The Shumi/Moomba are for me the best race Square-Enix has ever created by some distance... the idea that they evolve into something when they reach a certain stage, and that the Shumi revere the Moomba and good Shumi evolve into the Moomba... it's all really funky. I could read a book on it, if not play a game.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That is another thing that I think would be cool to explore. If there wasn't a Laguna game, I did also think it would be cool to have a journalistic book written from the perspective of Laguna about his travels. If that were a thing, there could easily be a section specifically about the Shumi and Moombas.

I just wish the party could spend longer at the D-District Prison. By far my favorite part of the storyline.

What else is new? The mountain, the ice/fire cave, the sewers, the dark forest, the town. Haven't we been to enough places? And FF7 doesn't promise land.

That's where FFVI and VII can tie character background into the plot. VIII feels forced our way. Also, I object most to the cast being all human as far as I know.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Final Fantasy VIII doesn't need a sequel as it ends well. However, a prequel which would explain most of the mysteries in the game would be great. What I would want to see is more of Laguna's adventures and more information about the sorceresses.

More focus on Quisty would of been nice. Also I was hoping that Squall would of went for Selphie or Quisty instead of Rinoa. I don't hate or despise Rinoa, maybe find her annoying and bad for Squall in a way. Squall has trust issues and Rinoa almost dieing every two seconds doesn't help.

I would of liked for Rinoa to just be a guest character and fight for Timber's Independence instead of showing some focus of her willing to rebel for Timber's freedom from Galbadia then "omg squall i love u 5evers " !

Like now and again you have the option to head back to Timber and do missions for Rinoa and at the game's end Timber could either be freed or still under Galbadia's control and you get extra items if you help Rinoa, extra bosses, extra dungeons etc. And a extra part in the game's ending.

Quisty or Selphie could of done just as good as job if not better of being Squall's lover that breaks through his shell. Rinoa was awful at the job and ended up turning Squall into a paranoid young-man that almost died MANY times trying to save her. It couldn't do well for his trust issues at all.

Have Rinoa at the parade mission still but have Quisty and Squall or Selphie and Squall get to together and not have the female main be so damsel in distress-y.

Still have the lead female become a witch which leads to Squall becoming a Knight and be junctioned to Adel, but anything else ? No.

Also more focus on Zell and Irvine too. Have extra missions with them as well which focuses on them and tells you more about their story, character and persona. Like Zell could do things for Balamb Garden and town and Irvine could be all about Galbadia Garden.

Maybe have Xu replace Rinoa. She was pretty neat.

As for the orphanage plot-twist. Don't remove it, but instead cut it in half. Have Squall grow up with Seifer, Ellone and Irvine but not the rest. Have it so Seifer, Ellone and Irvine remember but only Squall doesn't due to being traumatized by loosing Ellone and have Edea loose control right in front of him, attack Cid, really hurt and damage Seifer, miss Irvine and have the White SeeD come in and take a young crying Squall away.

People blocking out really traumatic events is not un-common. Quisty grew up in Balamb Town with Zell, Selphie grew up in Trabia, and Rinoa still has the Julia plotline.
    Last edited by maybee; 06-27-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I would have liked some more development around the Ellone plotline. Her powers are not the same as the Sorceress powers and I would have liked to see more about it rather than saying that she is very special and leave it at that. Her journey is interesting to me and I would have loved to see some gameplay to go alongside it. Her personal journey underlines the theme of the game and presents a contrast to Ultimecia: accepting one's fate and denying one's fate.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I, uh, wanted more of a focus on the connection between Laguna Lorre and Squall.

The story could have way benefited from a good connection between the piano player, and like Ultimania or something.

Saving Rinoa in space was easily one the most epic moments of my life.

When I wasn't chomping chips with 7.

Blog Entries

I agree with the Laguna thing. I would've been perfectly contend just staying with his story throughout the entire game. It was by FAR the most interesting aspect of the entire game.

More on Sorceress Adel, Esthar under her reign and the Sorceress War.

She was the best villain in the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I just wish the party could spend longer at the D-District Prison. By far my favorite part of the storyline.
    Are you nuts? I -hated- that part for some reason. lol

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    Because the floors are boring and plain, incredibly time consuming, filled with enemies, and incredibly repetitive since they're all the same?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I would have liked some more development around the Ellone plotline. Her powers are not the same as the Sorceress powers and I would have liked to see more about it rather than saying that she is very special and leave it at that. Her journey is interesting to me and I would have loved to see some gameplay to go alongside it. Her personal journey underlines the theme of the game and presents a contrast to Ultimecia: accepting one's fate and denying one's fate.
    In agreement with this. I would have liked to seen more of her power not just in conjunction with Squall and Laguna, althought I understand why it was mostly exclusively between those two.

I'd love to see more with what goes on in Esthar. I think it's such a peculiar and mystical, magical city. Dr. Odine is clearly insane and he must have a bunch of crazy medical experiments and I personally would have loved to see more of that.

I would have liked to maybe have seen something neat to do with he party forced to utilize the time compression somehow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    Because the floors are boring and plain, incredibly time consuming, filled with enemies, and incredibly repetitive since they're all the same?
    Yeah 'cuz that. Totes.