Page 1 of 14 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Eyeson F.C. - Conference National: Media Predict 24th (last). Currently: 2nd

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Eyeson F.C. - Conference National: Media Predict 24th (last). Currently: 2nd

BoB Plays Football Manager 2012
    Eyeson F.C.

The year is 2011. The location, Yorkshire - just north of Whitby. Over the past three years, global warming has kicked in specifically in this one location of the UK, and the weather is now something similar to the Mediterranean coast of Spain. Scientists have put their finger in the air and concluded that the weather is here to stay, and entrepeneur Sean "Cid" Robinson has invested heavily, converting the area (including nearby locales that were destroyed by a outbreak of confused and bafflingly unheard of 'chocobo') into a city... a city named Eyeson.

A combination of the insane amount of funding from Cid, the incredible amount of jobs created in all fields, the speed at which construction progressed, the employment of top talent from around the world to lead the city forward in education, health, recycling and energy, the incredible weather and spectacular views (and of course the now domesticated chocobo), the population of the UK and beyond have streamed into the 24/7 city. In three short years Cid has created a city comparing with London in population. It is unprecedented to say the least, but Cid had a dream that united the world, and it became reality.

One thing was missing, something the American hadn't considered at the time: A football club. Cid invested what little funds he had to spare into creating a football stadium. Sure, it wasn't massive, and most of the people who had migrated to Eyeson either didn't follow football or already supported another team. Still, there were enough people to warrant a nice stadium and he had the forward-thinking to ensure it had expansion potential for decades to come. And so, Aiyonfield was born on April Fools Day, 2011. Eyeson Football Club - quickly nicknamed The Chocobos by the locals.

Cid quickly got his staff together - WarrenW, MichaelC and Austin had worked hard to promote the club and the city itself and they would be his board. Next he needed a manager, someone who enjoyed scouting players. He didn't need to look far, and employed someone who also came from overseas (in this case New Zealand) and had lived in the UK since he was 18. A Manchester United supporter but a stalward of Eyeson City since day one, Daniel Towns - locally known as BoB - had been getting to know a lot of people who had moved to Eyeson recently.

BoB knew a lot of free agents were now based in the UK from around the world. He put together a club made up mostly of English players. There were, however, a handful of Scots and Irish, a couple of Gambians, a Welshman, and even players from Guyana and Congo. The reserve squad - locally known to as the Failridden - were mostly locals who hadn't played much football, and they played in a small stadium set aside for them which was dubbed The Thunderdome. A youth team - The Newbies - was set up.

Kit was established based on the classic colours of Eyeson (so, dark blue and black) and alternative kits were based on colours seen in certain locales of Eyeson, notably the infamous Aeris Reborn café Cid invested in back in 2005 (long before he had plans for an entire city) and Under the Sea, the aquarium-themed nightclub that's positioning reflects it's name.

At the end of the 2010-11 season, BoB's dream was given an unexpected lift when Solihull Moors Football Club was found to be guilty of mass dogging. The Moors were thrown out of the league. Due to poor communication from the FA, no team applied to take their place and thus a spot was missing in the Conference North (aka Blue Square Bet North). Cid and BoB, however, knew of the dogging due to the boasting of a local man known only as Steve bragging about how many birds he had shagged. He had laid claim to being the entire reason the Moors were thrown out, and this led to enquiries being made and Eyeson F.C. was officially named as the new club for the Conference North for the 2011-12 season. It was on. It was on like Donkey Kong.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Thunderdome

You have my sword. Or my gifted right peg. Whichevs. Think of me as a Thomas Muller RM/WF/AM/SS kind of player.

Wait a minute, Conference North, 2011-12...? Must I have to face my own... why, they even got promot... no... no, I must put that out of my mind. My loyalty is to EoFF. It must be.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

And with my leading post out of the way, for those confused: This is an EoFF version of Football Manager 2012. For my previous attempt at one of these things, see my FM08 thread here.

Positions up for grabs are:

GK: Scotty (Scotty_ffgamer)
    GK: Available

DC: Boobs (Tifa's Boobs)
    DC: Shauna
    DC: Psychokitty
    DC: Available
    DR: Shoden
    DR: Available
    DL: Burtsplurt
    DL: Available

MC: Pike
    MC: MILF (I'm my own MILF)
    MC: Laddy
    MC: --- still scouting
    MR: Psychotic
    MR: Available
    ML: Raistlin
    ML: --- still scouting

ST: Jiro
    ST: Available

Obviously there will be backups and so forth (particularly midfielders, strikers and fullbacks) but these will be the key positions to ask for. It's highly unlikely that I will be putting in attacking mids, defensive mids etc. because I like to keep the same formation forever and ever and ever in my playthroughs to avoid having to adjust to various new formations all the time.

Depending on transfers, some people might need to change player every now and then. I'm probably going to skip the signing of players and pre-season so I can play the game while I wait for people to sign up in this thread. I'm literally starting off without a squad. So far I've signed five players, lost out to another club on one and have another five transfers likely to come through soon before I start looking at non-wagers (paid per appearance types).

EDIT: It seems that a few of the Chocobos arrived early and decided to have a pre-season friendly against Raith. They lost 2-3, but it wasn't completely rubbish considering they were playing alongside the bouncers from Under the Sea who were, to put it lightly, not dancing in the club for a good reason.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

YES! YES I WANT IN!

I don't care what position you put me down as xD
    Last edited by Pike; 05-25-2013 at 05:43 PM.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mister Adequate on the MC

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I played outside midfielder in high school (mostly left, but some right), so put me down for one of those.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want in. In real life I'm a goal keeper that has been professionally trained, so you should put me there. Goal keeper is the best! I've played every position and would take anything though except for defense. My coaches always thought I would be a good defensive player because of my size, and I always hated it/sucked at it. Not that that matters in the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

You're all in.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

CAN I BE GOALIE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    CAN I BE GOALIE?
    We already have our main goalie who will probably need to get injured before you get much gametime - although the backup's first name in their pseudonym (</>) is Sam...

See the third post in the thread for details of what is avialable.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Okay, just put me wherever, then.

I usually play left back, despite being more comfortable on my right foot.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Also, my name on here should be Boobs.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I will be your target man in the box. With more pace than anyone else on the pitch, I can make the breaks and finish with finesse.

Do alright with my head too.

Ladies.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Put me in. Idc where.