Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Eyeson F.C. - Conference National: Media Predict 24th (last). Currently: 2nd

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

(SPOILER)I played the other day and I honestly can't remember much about the game, I think it was a pretty boring one if I recall correctly. The game was supposedly fairly even, but I think we had far better chances than they did. Also, grudging respect to the opposition goal at the end (93rd minute). Who was it by, anyway? Oh, for smurf's sake.

(SPOILER)This is the first of the matches I had to replay, and we did really well in the other games and I am not willing to be robbed of my victories by a freaking computer glitch. ...so it looks like I don't have to worry about that anytime soon, right? Haha. Manus finished with a 9.6 rating and Aulayna a 9.4 before I subbed her due to her tiring legs. This was an epic match. We genuinely slaughtered them and it could have been even better. Wow. 6-1! Excellent. In case you're wondering, before my PC crashed, we won 2-1, so this is a slight improvement. Still only three points, though, and I want six points out of the next two matches or I'll be really pissed off at my PC dropping me points and probably just replay the games until I get the points I had earned beforehand. I haven't played the next matches just yet, but I'll get to it very soon.

EDIT: Scotty, Bubba, Shauna, Shoden, Pike, Manus and Aulayna were all in team of the week. Also: Everyone is now healthy. Hooray! Let's see how long that lasts.

I've set it to save every week instead of every month.

EDIT: Wow, the winter transfer window was busy. Angel Di Maria to Chelsea, Glen Johnson to Spurs, Samba to Manchester United, Cardoza to Liverpool, Jagielka to City.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Jagielka to City
    NO.

also, why is my player giving diving lessons after training when he is apparently utterly trout at it considering the amount of times he gets carded for it?

I long for the day I injure another and take them out of the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Jagielka to City
    NO.

also, why is my player giving diving lessons after training when he is apparently utterly trout at it considering the amount of times he gets carded for it?
    That probably explains why not too many people are taking up your classes. xD

I had to replay the next game three bloody times to get the result that we got before the crash (exact scoreline, too, in the end). So here's that match.

(SPOILER)While I'm happy to get my win back from the PC crash, I'm not too happy with our team's display as it was waaaaay better in the original game. Still, after getting 6-1 in the last match I'm not complaining too much. In the lost games, Stalybridge dropped points and this win put us within grasp of the #1 spot in the league, but they must have got the points back because we're still three points behind them at the moment with just the one game to go. Annoying, but I'm just after getting our wins back, what happens with the other teams doesn't bother me so much. Our good form is more important to me, and that's something I'm not as willing to concede to a screen freeze.

Cuch gave away the penalty, and did so in the original 2-3 victory as well. Huh. Also, all four times I played this game a player called Vladimir from Colwyn Bay got injured during a tackle (the level of injury varied). Pansy.

Another thing I'll just put up with is Scotty getting the flu just now... looks like Lost Number is gonna get a game after all!

YEah, now tell them how I scored in the original game, and you smurfing lost it when your PC crashed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It's true, in the current save Neo has yet to break his cherry in the two games he's played in (both from the bench). In the original three games, he scored shortly after being brought on in the Colwyn Bay match, I think.

EDIT: Aaaand here's the final game. This also ended up with the exact same scoreline as the first time I played it.

(SPOILER)Lost Number had a decent debut, so yay for that. He actually grumbled shortly before the match about not having gametime despite Scotty being away with the flu. Who did he think I was going to put in goal? Mikztsu!? Anyway, a solid win but it's against the bottom side. We should really have done better - at half time it was 1-1 and we weren't dominating. The second half? All us, start to finish.

Bad news, though - MILF got injured early in the game. Turns out it's a [injury] and he's out for 3-4 months. This is a huge blow as I've been playing him and Pike in midfield almost exclusively. Skyblade covers, but he also covers Psy on the right wing and has done well from there. Croyles and Laddy have been slowly gaining match fitness in the Failridden, so I'm hoping they can pick up the slack. Alternatively, I can move Shoden up the pitch and move Cuch to rightback now that Boobs is back fit. That might be the easier solution. Either way, it's gonna be interesting and if we lose our next games, it's no longer the PC's fault so I'm not going to replay them or anything... we're fighting for top spot in the league now. We're just one point behind Stalybridge, although they have a game in hand. Still a fair way to go though - 30 games played by us out of 42. Time to push for glory!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

One of my best soccer moments in real life was when I had the flu actually. We went to a tournament in high school, and my coach refused to play me because of the fact that I was extremely sick and whatnot. During our last game of the tournament, against the hardest team we would ever play against, my coach finally let me in during the last ten minutes after me begging him. I was put up front rather than being GK so he could sub me back out pretty quick. We had been neck and neck with this team the whole game, but I went in and scored the winning goal within a couple of minutes of playing. The me in this game probably won't be that cool while sick, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Maybe I'll play you up front in a friendly some day.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll make sure to score you a goal if that chance comes!

Me and DK are going mess some bitches up.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

So I'm healthy now? When do I get back in? I'M READY TO GO COACH

re: Eastwood match: nice pass, Psycho.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    So I'm healthy now? When do I get back in? I'M READY TO GO COACH
    Nahhhh you're not. 68% match fit? Pahleez. You're not bumping Phil and Bubba out that easily because they've been two of our best players... get match fit in the reserves, then we'll talk. Shouldn't take too long, I've been keeping up with the reserves fixtures and ensuring there is a decent level of games.

Also: http://www.twitch.tv/loony_bob - Guess what! I will play the odd game live, sometimes with me as sound. I'll not stream any other sound, I don't wanna lose listeners because they have awful taste in music.

I dont appreciate you publically saying how trout a player i am. You're supposed to keep that trout 'in house'. I'm speaking to my agent again. smurf this club

'Cuz Everyone Needs Crazy Psychokitty's Avatar

I missed a lot. What did I miss?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

You missed a few games and your player wants to leave. >_> You'll probably have a different player next week.

Here's a little something to keep things flowing! Also, I've totally got the hang of streaming now, so it's all gold there.

(SPOILER)A well controlled match for our 6th win on the trot. Two lovely goals, too. The opposition didn't even get a shot on target, so we played very safely. More importantly, however...
    Big images

NO HIGHLIGHTS. A 0-0 bore draw at home to Bishop's Stortford.
    (SPOILER)There goes our winning streak, but at least we kept our unbeaten run going. It was a fairly even game, but of course I think we should have done better because we should always win. Obviously.

(SPOILER)A game of two halves. I got cocky at 4-0, admittedly, and throughout the second half gave people gametime that needed it. Neo came on at half time and missed some golden chances, Jowy came on for Phil who was doing very well, Psychokitty came on (out of position) for Psy to get her some gametime without messing with my defence (we were 4-2 at that point, I think). Clearly the changes weren't what the doctor ordered, the opposition started scoring the moment Manus left the pitch (so, right after halftime). Neo subsequently DROPPED.

EDIT: Gainsborough match which we lost 1-0 is to be replayed due to bugs - all my tactical changes were not going through and it was subbing the wrong players. Match was agreed as needing to be replayed by the podcast crew after a deep discussion on the ethics of replaying matches in Let's Play (okay it wasn't really that deep and it was a pretty quick decision, thanks Matt).