Thread: Obtained Elnoyle card!

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Default Obtained Elnoyle card!

If you have more game hours on Triple Triad racked up than actual FF8 gameplay time, you know how to essentially break the game. Getting a Lionheart on Disc 1 is a hell of a lot of work, but you can still get pretty high up there on the weapon mods. Are you the type to spend a lot of time on a somewhat tedious task to trivialize the game's difficulty? If they didn't want you to over utilize card mod to grossly overupgrade your weapons, they wouldn't make limit breaks appear so easily.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I do a lot of grinding for magic and such in the games to ease VIII's difficulty (not that it's hard). I've never really tried for any of the ultimate weapons/limit breaks until Disc 3, though. That's when it is easiest to get those things, and the only time I ever used card mod was on cards I got from beating bosses (like the Bahamut card, I think). I only ever played a lot of Triple Triad because it was fun. I've considered doing the Lionheart on Disc 1 thing, but I think I'd get bored at that point.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not so much for VIII, but I found XII really easy to break. Anyone remember the Dustia method to get to Lvl. 99 before the Royal Palace? That took grinding, but it was possible.

I find this game so ridiculously easy to break that each play through, I make my challenge to find something that'll make it even more stupidly easier. It's the only way I have fun with this game anymore, because I certainly don't find anything redeeming in the characters, storyline, or gameplay. The battle system is also mediocre, but I still like a lot of the music.

Blog Entries

When I play this game, I never really use the card mod. I just play TT for the sake of TT and "gotta collect them all".

Seriously: winning all the rare cards in TT is probably the greatest challenge this game has to offer. So doing so simply to make the battles easier than they already are seem kinda pointless.

I'm not really one for breaking the game early, but if the game has an Infinity Plus One Sword, I'll try to get it at some point, usually when sidequests, superbosses, and the final dungeon are all that's left.

That said, for most of Disc 1 I had more hours logged in Triple Triad than the actual story because I wanted to collect them all, then I got bored of it after I got about 70% of the cards, played it less, and by the time I got to Esthar I'd stopped playing cards completely.

Played Triple Triad because Triple Triad was awesome. Thinking of downloading it and playing it through again because I loved this game too much.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Abyss worm Tornado
    Mezmerize Regen
    Gayla Meltdown
    Card low HP Bombs for Krysta cards.

I should continue the game I started a few months ago.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I love doing this kind of stuff. I remember regularly going for the Twin Lance before going to Timber on disc 1. Good times.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

All I know is that the moment you card mod the Laguna card, the entire endgame becomes easier than pretty much any other point of the game.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!