Thread: What would fix the FFVII universe?

Default What would fix the FFVII universe?

A hypothetical situation. Let's say you have to include and cannot touch the compilation, what would it take to fix the mess that FFVII currently is in if they were to add a new and final game into the series?

What would fill in the holes and fix the discrepancies between the compilation and the original? Is it at all possible, or has Square dug it into a hole it cannot get out of?

I propose this because many are quick to hate the compilation, but I find it'd be more constructive to have further insight in fixing those issues. At least, it'd be interesting what ideas some would provide.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Well if we can't remove the compilation, remove FFVII itself, problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Well if we can't remove the compilation, remove FFVII itself, problem solved

Touché.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

To paraphrase many points over the years is to bring it into the modern age. We authors don't have time to invent new plot and/or themes for that matter. There's no perfect way.

If perfect is the incorrect word then my 'FULL' topic should explain it. Whatever it is, you've presented something that's expected to be believed.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

Just remove the compilation and VII is a game anyone should be able to enjoy front to back and in the end say, "Damn, that was a pretty good game." No need to dig any deeper. The compilation makes VII look weak because it makes it seem like VII needed anymore explanation. It really didn't.

EDIT: Whoops, to answer the OP's answer, nothing. The games and movies are already out of the box so that's kinda that. I guess one thing I could thing of is a game where you play as Kadaj and the two others to kind of get a glimpse at how the hell they came to be whatever they were (a convoluted, storyline mess). Literally the only thing I could muster is this.
    Last edited by Omni-Odin; 06-17-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

The only way in which I can imagine whatever this mess is that you're referring to is by accounting for Before Crisis and Crisis Core and their subsequent relation to the main game. Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus occurring after the game really bare no impact (even if they include flashbacks, Dirge in particular in its introducing the character of Grimoire Valentine whom we'd never heard of). Not having the ability to play BC, I don't know with any certainty it actually has any real impact on the main storyline. The existence of Genesis and Zack's apparent defeat of Sephiroth are huge problems for fans.

My biggest issue has always been the end of DoC which hints at the continued story of Genesis. I want that story.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.