Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

Welcome to Grey Sloan Shepherd Ramoray Reed that other intern that got shot Teddy's husband Memorial Hospital

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been invested in this relationship for my entire adult life. Shonda promised us a happy ending. I am... displeased.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

I think we should riot. This is not okay, and I also refuse to believe that Meredith is staunch enough to withstand this on top of everything else she has gone through. Dragging your fanbase through the mud for the sake of cheap writing? Ugh.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I still don't understand. I feel like this was a massive cop out for Derek's storyline, as has been commented, which has been an 11 year arc.

It was SUCH cheap writing. Like, I'm really not a Derek fangirl - I like a lot more characters a lot better. I still like his character, he just doesn't top my list, honestly. But are you seriously trying to tell me that this man has survived being shot, being in a plane crash and having his hand destroyed... and he dies because of hospital negligence because Patrick Dempsey wanted to leave? Really Shonda? Really though? Who do you think you are? GRRM?

I just find it so unbelievable - like... I love this show, damn they can do a good medical drama storyline, but sometimes it just goes too far, and I understand that it's a drama show so things are OTT a lot - but now Meredith's whole life is a smurfing nightmare. It's like something a pathological liar makes up.

Meredith's Mum is pretty weird and she has a weird/borderline abusive upbringing
    Deadbeat dad
    Puts her hand on a BOMB
    Get's with the love of her life - uh oh, his wife shows up!
    Drowns and nearly dies
    One of her best friends ends up getting brain cancer
    BOOM. Another best friend is hit by a bus totally randomly and DIES.
    Derek is shot in the hospital
    She suffers a Miscarriage
    Told she has a hostile uterus
    Her adopted daughter is taken away because she tampered with the Alzheimer trial and she and Derek split, again.
    Is involved in a plane crash which kills her sister, Lexie, and Derek's best mate, McSteamy
    She is pregnant again
    Slips down some stairs
    In a storm she ends up going for C Section WHEN SHE NEARLY DIES BECAUSE REASONS.
    Falls out with her very best friend Cristina for REASONS
    Cristina moves away but why because WHO WOULDN'T WANT TO LIVE IN SEATTLE RIGHT?
    Discovers she has another half sister!
    Uh oh, McDreamy is dead

And I mean, just add Derek's death to the pile of trout that's happened this season with April and Jackson who have pretty much had no screentime since.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Saw this being reported on on TV. Came to see the fallout here, did not realize how much bulltrout was going on until I read this.

I don't even watch the show and I'm offended.

They clearly did this for viewer ratings and media attention

pls

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    oh my god the promo for the next episode "nothing will shake these doctors like the death of one of their own" ahahaha like that doesn't happen every season
    One thing I've learnt from this show, being a surgeon is probably the most dangerous profession on the planet. All your co workers are dying..... all the time.

I agree it's kinda silly they had to kill him off, I know it's a drama show but not every character has to DIE when they decide to leave the show hahaha.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

And yup, the writing for the follow-up episode was just as bad, if not worse: No Christina, no Addison, no Amelia freaking out at Meredith, almost no Meredith; and a bunch of crappy sub plots no one cares about, ending with the baby that surprised noone. It's time to walk away.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just the simple existence of that baby is awful. Could they throw out a bigger cliche than that?

On the plus side, now that Derek is dead and they seem to have dealt with the entire mourning process I look forward to not spending too much time on it from here out. Or rather, I really hope they don't spend a lot of time on it. I've never been a huge fan of Derek or Meridith in general so please god let's just move on.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah that episode was shoddy. The scene with Amelia, Owen, and the oxy did get to me though, and the two burnt ladies.
    I hated the Ben and Bailey stuff, I wanted to skip through it. I really feel like Bailey's character has been ruined. I feel like she gets walked over by everyone now - what happened to the Bailey from the first season? The baby thing was dumb. The timeskip was dumb. I wish there weren't still characters I cared about so I could just quit this show out of protest. She's put the nail in the coffin of it now.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Holy damn April Kepner.

New Chief perhaps?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just when I think I'm getting out, Keppner pulls me back in.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

I mean, that was ridiculous, but DAMN.

I really don't want Bailey to be chief. I think I'd vote for Keppner or Torres. I wish Jackson were doing more. I'm glad Meredith finally got confronted, selfish ingrate. And what's up with Maggie's parents? So much going on in this damn episode, no one cares about you, new interns.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ridiculous, but makes an awesome kind of sense.

I would also rather see Keppner or Torres as chief. Bailey might have been a good choice once upon a time, but I can't see it right now.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah I'm kind of over Jackson and Karev just being there for ladies storylines. Jackson is hurting over the death of his baby too and I don't think April has ever talked to him about it, and Karev has just kind of become Meredith's 'person' and that's all he is. I was really wanting Karev to get more of a storyline this season as he's one of my favourite dudes in the show - but no, he just stands around looking angry a lot. I think Karev might make a good chief, actually. As would Torres.

I can't believe Webber would want to put Bailey forward for chief, actually. Well, I can.