Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    ooh god, what have i started??
    playing stealth is just really not my thing!!
    even though it looks great and i do really enjoy the game.. im sort of stuck already :l

i just picked up Ellie and i am in a big building where i 'volunteer' to go ahead and check it out.
    i jump down and there are a bunch of 'sprinters' and a 'clicker'...
    i keep getting caught by a sprinter and im about to lose my patience!!

if ypu have any tips, tricks or hints feel free to tell me!!

and once that is over: lets discus this game!!
    Move very, very slowly.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    even though it looks great and i do really enjoy the game.. im sort of stuck already :l

i just picked up Ellie and i am in a big building where i 'volunteer' to go ahead and check it out.

Move very, very slowly.
    Use your hearing sense to find out where everyone is laid out, then make a plan of which to take out in what order, then just sneak behind them and take them out one by one before finally taking down the clicker in whatever way you want (other than grabbing, because wasting a shiv on a lone clicker isn't worth it)
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

I actually try to avoid using my Shiv's all together so I can just use them to open the doors. Molotov's are my best friend. <3

And it seems whether or not Molotov's attract attention can very...

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is that Gerard Butler and Ellen Page? Sure as hell looks like them.

This game is really the only reason I want a PS3 right now. *goes youtube to look at gameplay*

Blog Entries

I am probably going to have to get this sooner than later

Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post

This game is really the only reason I want a PS3 right now. *goes youtube to look at gameplay*
    You spend most of the game trying to remind yourself that it isn't Ellen Page because the character feels a bit like Juno mixed with Boltie (from Super. Excellent film if you've not seen it before)

smurf that was intense. Hard mode can get pretty brutal.

Just got through the town with teh Sniper.

...trout.
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 06-17-2013 at 05:05 AM.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post

You spend most of the game trying to remind yourself that it isn't Ellen Page because the character feels a bit like Juno mixed with Boltie (from Super. Excellent film if you've not seen it before)
    I have seen both. I didn't like Super because of what happened to Ellen Page's character even though she was mad annoying in that movie.

I might be picking up a PS3 soon and this is the first on my list. I might wait till PS4 comes out so the price of 3 can go down.

Only for those who have made it through the Winter section.

(SPOILER)Did I just see Ellie murder the living smurf out of a Pedophile Cannibal? smurfing awesome.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I've now owned this game for three days and still haven't had the opportunity to play it.

Having to avoid spoilers is quite inconvenient.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Move very, very slowly.
    Use your hearing sense to find out where everyone is laid out, then make a plan of which to take out in what order, then just sneak behind them and take them out one by one before finally taking down the clicker in whatever way you want (other than grabbing, because wasting a shiv on a lone clicker isn't worth it)
    thats where everything go's wrong.. i do hear them and make a plan. but nomather what i do it always backfires.
    ive made it though.. with some luck! managed to beat the crap out of 3 of those infected.... somehow

and ty for redirecting my post already thought it was weird that there was no topic on this game.. but now i see i was in the wrong section :P

Move very, very slowly.
    thats where everything go's wrong.. i do hear them and make a plan. but nomather what i do it always backfires.
    ive made it though.. with some luck! managed to beat the crap out of 3 of those infected.... somehow

and ty for redirecting my post already thought it was weird that there was no topic on this game.. but now i see i was in the wrong section :P
    Don't make long term plans. They will never work cause the AI doesn't always follow the same paths.

Plan for the elimination of 1-2 enemies at a time, no more. (Unless you can Molotov or bomb more at once. )

Crafting Speed is a near worthless skill to raise with your points.

For that matter, on hard at least, so is Health. If you get caught in a situation you don't have time to use a health kit before dying, or get caught in a group, your dead regardless of those skills.

Sight and Weapon spray are your two best abilities. Followed up by Shiv Master.

There are the tips that guide my murder.

Well I finished it!

(SPOILER)Yet another one of those games which is stunningly perfect and then brutally ruined in the last 5 minutes. That was the most anticlimactic ending I could have thought of for that game.. After playing the whole game which invoked plenty of emotions I was waiting to have my heart wrenched out, but that left me feeling nothing :[
    Just beat it too!

(SPOILER)I thought the end was great... Kind of.

What got me was the Fireflys had been doing this for a while, and made no progress, yet kept at it. (Mind you, it could have been a lie from Joel, but at the same time it makes more sense that he was telling the truth. I mean they discovered the mutation and plan pretty god damn fast, and decided to operate that soon? They had to have done this before.)

What kind of kills the ending a bit though was that no one took any kind of believable action. Hey, there's a guy trying to resusitate a girl! Let's knock him out.

Hey, there is girl I've practically raised as a sister/daughter! Let's sacrifice her to research that has consistantly failed horribley!

Hey, there's the guy who just gunned down god knows how many of our men! How about I not take this clean shot at his face!

Also, AI in the last area was an an all time bad. I have no Idea what the hell happened, but I Molotov'ed a guy, no one reacted. I strangled a guy in front of like, two other dudes, got spotted, stepped behind cover and they immidiately lost me. In fact I was immidiately lost like, three times.

Really, once you get past the Winter section, AI seems to trout itself. I wasn't even trying to abuse it either, just kind of happened.

I was going to give the game a 9/10, but between later game AI issues, and some issues I brought up in the end game spoilers, it gets an 8.

Still, definately worth the full price, and dear god is Winter awesome. I can see why people would overlook the flaws and rate the game higher then me mind you, cause what this game does well, it does really damn well. And the biggest issue, the AI bugging out, doesn't really seem to happen all that often until the end, at least for me.
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 06-17-2013 at 09:33 PM.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

You play so quickly. I'm only at the end of Pittsburgh. I've come to love not using guns unless I absolutely have to. Too often do I find it easy to just strangle a guy and head to the next. The Shiv and Bottle/Molotov's are your friends in this game, but it's so easy to run out of uses even after finding the two training manuals.

Has anybody gotten a great use out of the Bow yet? I'm truly curious. I'm finding the idea great, but... the execution that I've encountered using it is, at best, lacking. Headshots either kill them or leave them annoyed as hell and picking up used arrows is greatly hit-or-miss for me.

Bow Is smurfing awesome!

The big thing is you can kill people with it at range without even alerting other guards to your presence.

The aiming takes some time, but I've taken out as many as three guys without anyone realizing I was there yet purely with the bow, and always on guys that would have been very difficult to sneak up on and strangle.

And yeah, I played like, 10+ hours just on sunday.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Just beat it too!

(SPOILER)I thought the end was great... Kind of.

What got me was the Fireflys had been doing this for a while, and made no progress, yet kept at it. (Mind you, it could have been a lie from Joel, but at the same time it makes more sense that he was telling the truth. I mean they discovered the mutation and plan pretty god damn fast, and decided to operate that soon? They had to have done this before.)

What kind of kills the ending a bit though was that no one took any kind of believable action. Hey, there's a guy trying to resusitate a girl! Let's knock him out.

Hey, there is girl I've practically raised as a sister/daughter! Let's sacrifice her to research that has consistantly failed horribley!

Hey, there's the guy who just gunned down god knows how many of our men! How about I not take this clean shot at his face!

Also, AI in the last area was an an all time bad. I have no Idea what the hell happened, but I Molotov'ed a guy, no one reacted. I strangled a guy in front of like, two other dudes, got spotted, stepped behind cover and they immidiately lost me. In fact I was immidiately lost like, three times.

Really, once you get past the Winter section, AI seems to trout itself. I wasn't even trying to abuse it either, just kind of happened.

I was going to give the game a 9/10, but between later game AI issues, and some issues I brought up in the end game spoilers, it gets an 8.

Still, definately worth the full price, and dear god is Winter awesome. I can see why people would overlook the flaws and rate the game higher then me mind you, cause what this game does well, it does really damn well. And the biggest issue, the AI bugging out, doesn't really seem to happen all that often until the end, at least for me.
    (SPOILER)Yeah, a lot of the ending actions were a bit lame, and I stealthed my way through the ending with absolute ease, even jumping into the people at the last barricade who just ran away, letting me get to the door and shut them out. They were far from as brutal as the previous enemies.

I still think the ending was a bit empty though.. It kinda stopped the story short. What's the betting the DLC will add more to it/add in a sequence in between towns that you don't see yet.

Winter was by far the best section. Ellie is a smurfing badass

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    Has anybody gotten a great use out of the Bow yet? I'm truly curious. I'm finding the idea great, but... the execution that I've encountered using it is, at best, lacking. Headshots either kill them or leave them annoyed as hell and picking up used arrows is greatly hit-or-miss for me.
    The Bow is good but very hard to use effectively when everything moves so quickly and it doesn't 1 hit kill very often (on hard at least). The best opportunities to use it are against infected where you can't take them out easily by hand, but don't want to alert the rest (takes some good aiming when taking out Clickers)

The main use of the Bow comes in the Winter section. I'll say no more.