Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us

Articles
    Blog Entries

Winter... oh man, that winter section was boss. Definitely the highlight of the game.
    (SPOILER)From having to hunt the deer while wondering just what state Joel is in, to the very last segment where you have to kill David (who I was very shocked to hear was voiced by Nolan North), I was completely absorbed.

The Ending:
    (SPOILER)I guess my biggest gripe with the ending though is that I would've either preferred an ending where Joel and Ellie are together and happy (the less likely ending) or one dies and the other has to cope. Or they both died. Keeping them together, but leaving their relationship on a shaky note might've worked if the ending hadn't felt so rushed

10/10 material? Probably not, imo. There's too many glitches, and the AI was hyped WAAY too much to live up to my expectations. But the the animations, the environments, the crafting system and navigating around the infected were all good enough for me to place this game with the best of them.

Unrelated note, but has the spoiler tool in the editor been removed? I don't see it anywhere, so I put the tags in manually.
    Returners Represent!

Banned

I love what I have seen of the game, and the multiplayer is the most engrossing I have played in recent time. I just wish I could have a copy of my own

I didn't realize this was even a zombie related game.

I was concerned about this whole 'no moral line left to cross' nonsense. I guess that's redemption.

Or loss of.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Scientific American - The Fungus That Reduced Humanity to the Last of Us

Thought this would be a cool article to read regarding the science behind the Cordyceps that inspired our friends in The Last of Us.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Zombies again??..
    no thanks..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah, but these are not your ´traditional´ zombies

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I finally finished it just a few minutes ago, and I must say...wow. It actually lived up to all the hype. It's easily one of the best video games I've ever played.

I really feel mixed on the ending. (SPOILER)It's bittersweet for me really. I mean, by the time the game was over I cared about Ellie and Joel so much that I was really dreading either of them dying. I was glad they both survived, but Joel's decisions in the end seemed incredibly selfish and he went from protector to flat out selfish almost. I mean, it's like what Ellie would have wanted became miniscule next to the fact that she had became his surrogate daughter, which she also had little to no choice of. On top of it, he kills a woman she considered a friend and flat out lies to her about the circumstance surrounding it in the end. And when she ask him to swear it true, he does. And you know what? She trusts him, and believes in him so much, that that's good enough for her. Yet at the same time, she has that lingering bit of question and disbelief in the back of her mind about it.

It really is a fantastic ending to a fantastic game that I didn't see coming at all. I can't remember the last time, if ever, a video game's conclusion provoked me with so much thought. Bravo.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

u ppl make me very curious about the ending..
    i just entered ´Winter´
    sst dont tell me how far i am

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

(SPOILER)For all of you who thought that there was a chance Joel was telling the truth (seriously, were you even paying attention?), Naughty Dog has confirmed in interviews discussing the ending that Joel was lying. It was meant to be obvious that he was lying. Originally, the ending had been written that Ellie believed him wholeheartedly and they rode off into the sunset together, but they rewrote it slightly when they realized that Ellie had too good of a nose for sniffing out bulltrout to entirely believe him.

Blog Entries

those spoilers are eyeing me :l
    But i will not open any of them untill i have finished the game!! this game is to good to let it get spoiled!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    (SPOILER)For all of you who thought that there was a chance Joel was telling the truth (seriously, were you even paying attention?), Naughty Dog has confirmed in interviews discussing the ending that Joel was lying. It was meant to be obvious that he was lying. Originally, the ending had been written that Ellie believed him wholeheartedly and they rode off into the sunset together, but they rewrote it slightly when they realized that Ellie had too good of a nose for sniffing out bulltrout to entirely believe him.
    (SPOILER)If that was at all directed at me, I did adress I had this odd bit where there was a scene that dragged on longer then other copies, giving a different impression then others, so I realize the chance he was lying wasn't really there like it looked like for me originally. Doesn't change that the events that took place make a bit more sense if he was, in fact, telling the truth. Which comes to be my problem with the ending.

Blog Entries

aww i finished the game!!! now i can finaly read all those spoilers

Blog Entries

about the ending:
    (SPOILER) i would love that Joel was telling the truth becaus i really didnt want to see Ellie die! But on the other side i do think he was lying..
    the event before they get in the car makes it a bit blurry

But this game.. Omg i loved it!!

im done.. what do i have to do with my life now?
    Last edited by Shaibana; 07-01-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    But this game.. Omg i loved it!!

im done.. what do i have to do with my life now?
    Add me and let us fight some Fireflies or some Hunters online ;D PSN: Neiryu

Blog Entries

i will add you and i will figure out what to do to get online.. u need an acc or somehthing for it?? :S