Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: The Last of Us

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Finished the Last of Us there this evening. Honestly I don't remember the last time I enjoyed a video game this much

(SPOILER)The ending is far from being wrong and thinking that is as morally questionable as Joel's decision. While one life is not worth more than two, you can't add their "value" and say two are worth more than one. A good person will normally sacrifice their own life for others, even if it is just for one but that is only because we don't want to see other lives end and not because we have lost a 1 < 100 duel. You cannot really think efficiently about this topic because that is the wrong thing, it is inhuman and cruel. I for sure would not sacrifice ANYONE, no matter how many can be rescued. That is no bargain, get 10 for 1 just today. And when it comes to emotional value, this is always something extra. My own life, yes, but that's it. Del's post is exactly the kind of wrong posts because it says there is a wrong decision and that Joel's was wrong.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 07-29-2013 at 04:35 PM.

The game has sold 3.4 million copies so far in less than a month when you include both digital and dvd sales. You know sony is going to want another game from this so it will be interesting what they do with this series from here on out.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tony12 View Post
    The game has sold 3.4 million copies so far in less than a month when you include both digital and dvd sales. You know sony is going to want another game from this so it will be interesting what they do with this series from here on out.
    hmm i dont know if they should do that. the game does leave an opening for a 2nd game. but honestly i would not make one. i am afraid that a 2nd one will just ruin it.

the game sold so well becaus it has been anticipated for a long while. even though i absolutely adore this game i think it is a little bit overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    hmm i dont know if they should do that. the game does leave an opening for a 2nd game. but honestly i would not make one. i am afraid that a 2nd one will just ruin it.

the game sold so well becaus it has been anticipated for a long while. even though i absolutely adore this game i think it is a little bit overrated
    Possibly from a gameplay standpoint it doesn't stick out from the crowd all that much. But from a story standpoint it is one of the best ever created for a video game. It is one of the very few video game stories you could truly say was just as good as a lot of movies. But I do agree they should only do another game if they have another great idea for a story.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That clicking is the stuff of nightmares.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

As far as sequels go, Naughty Dog's official policy has been that Joel and Ellie's story is over. They have, however, said that they would consider returning to the world with a new cast of characters (or existing minor characters) if they have a story they want to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    As far as sequels go, Naughty Dog's official policy has been that Joel and Ellie's story is over. They have, however, said that they would consider returning to the world with a new cast of characters (or existing minor characters) if they have a story they want to tell.
    Actually that has been a bit of a misconception made by fans created by a misquote in an article around the time the game was released. Naughty Dog has since said that Joel and Ellie's journey within that game (meaning the story of their relationship and the fireflies) is over but that they very possibly could appear in future games involved in a different storyline. They may not be the main characters but Naughty Dog has made it very clear that we very well likely might be seeing them again. http://kotaku.com/who-would-star-in-...nt-r-586791127

Blog Entries

quoting from the website Tony12 posted:

'if only in the form of the single-player downloadable content we know is coming.'

this really pisses me of. they did the same with AC3, they gave us alot of Dlc's you had to BUY, so if you wanted to have everything you had to pay 2x for the game.

greedy.. very greedy!

for the love of god just make a new game :S not 10 side story's in the form of DLC's

seriously.. im mad!

'if only in the form of the single-player downloadable content we know is coming.'

this really pisses me of. they did the same with AC3, they gave us alot of Dlc's you had to BUY, so if you wanted to have everything you had to pay 2x for the game.

greedy.. very greedy!

for the love of god just make a new game :S not 10 side story's in the form of DLC's

seriously.. im mad!

If you want to find out what the full story is when the single player DLC is released but don't want to pay for the game a second time just watch a playthrough of the DLC on youtube. Tons of people put their playthroughs on there and it is not to difficult to find one with no commentary so you can just concentrate on the story without having to listen to any stupid comments from the person playing the game.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm lucky in the sense that my new housemate Kelvin has a ps3. I have now the opportunity to play the exclusives I missed out on the ps3 due to my owning the 360.

Began playing The Last Of Us recently, jumped straight in on hard difficulty, loving the challenge. Currently I am busy enroute to the church as we attempt to build a car.

Blog Entries

greedy.. very greedy!

seriously.. im mad!

If you want to find out what the full story is when the single player DLC is released but don't want to pay for the game a second time just watch a playthrough of the DLC on youtube. Tons of people put their playthroughs on there and it is not to difficult to find one with no commentary so you can just concentrate on the story without having to listen to any stupid comments from the person playing the game.
    i will problably, but still, playing the game yrself is way much better

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My thoughts on the ending:

(SPOILER)I thought it was very good and not what I expected. It clearly shows that Joel is not a 'good guy'. In fact, he hinted at this throughout the game, saying he's 'been on both sides' and the disagreement with his brother. His decisions at the end of the game were completely wrong and selfish, but also understandable given his character and history. He also knew this, which is why he tried to keep from getting close to Ellie. If anything, the more distant he was towards her the more he was trying to do the 'right thing'. He know how this might end for her. The Winter chapter changed all that though, and at that point he was too far gone to ever come back. The prologue and epilogue were perfect, showing his character come full circle.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

I loved the storyline of this game, mainly because the characters were really fleshed out. It's more like a movie than a game for me, albeit a really clicky and stealthy one. )