Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official SSB4 Newcomer Bets Thread

I'm still hopeful for another Fire Emblem character. Ike was very popular due to his ease-of-use and overall utility, but they may choose to replace him with Chrom or Lucina, because of how incredibly well-received Awakening was.

EDIT: Also, how the heck did Kid Icarus get a title card during the Villager video, yet Fire Emblem didn't? Fire Emblem has been a part of the series longer, and has added more characters, more stages, and even more Assist Trophies. Not to mention, being an actual existing franchise with far more history and depth than the two Kid Icarus games. WTF, Nintendo?
    Last edited by Skyblade; 04-18-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

SSB4_-_POTD_4-25-14.jpg

Mega Man's Final Smash, a combo attack by his various incarnations. He may not be his own fighter, but at least Nintendo remembers Mega Man Volnutt. If only Capcom would do the same. Where is Mega Man Legends 3, Capcom?!

From left to right:
    MegaMan.exe from the Mega Man Battle Network games.
    Mega Man X from the Mega Man X games.
    Mega Man's basic form, from the classic Mega Man games.
    Geo Stelar in Mega Man form from the Mega Man Star Force games.
    Mega Man Volnutt from Mega Man Legends.

Also, does anyone else wish that Mega Man's palette swaps would actually be the different forms?
    Last edited by Skyblade; 05-09-2014 at 01:30 AM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I just wanted to mention that if anyone wants to use up their two changes to their betting list, they better do so now before Nintendo's E3 presentation tomorrow.

You can only do the following things twice:
    -add a character to your list
    -switch a character by removing an existing one from your list and adding a new one
    -remove a character from your list

Again, the idea of this betting game is to make your list as accurate as possible, since any inaccurate guesses will count against your score, as will characters that make it in that you didn't guess.

I'm personally adding Palutena and Shulk to my list.

I've heard theories that we may get an incarnation of Bayonetta as a fighter. Undoubtedly toned down, but as a Nintendo exclusive, she is a possibility, I suppose.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Come on Nintendo, give me Shulk with the Monado!

I would really rather they have Dunban or Melia then Shulk, but I'd be happy with that.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd rather have Dunban as well but you know they would use Shulk. Hell I would love having Riki so we can have another obnoxious little round dude who is annoying but kicks everyone's ass.

The Heropon would be a pretty neat edition.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

changed my list. Replaced Daisy with Palutena and added Robyn and Pac-Man.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 06-10-2014 at 02:12 AM.

So Miis and Palutena have been confirmed as playable characters:

The scores are now as follows:

Evastio: 122
    Bolivar: 60
    Del Murder: 60
    Polnareff: 100
    TrollHunter: 60
    Deptression Moon: 112
    Setsu: 60
    Elite Lord Sigma: 115
    Flaming Ice: 60
    Mister Adequate: 60

Edit: Also, Depression Moon, I should mention you can only make two changes max, so you can only keep one between your Robyn and Pac-Man addition.
    Last edited by Evastio; 06-10-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'll remove Robyn

Still waiting for the Fire Emblem love. We finally got Ile back (even if it is Radiant Dawn Ike). And there is a picture of him and Marth (which makes me think that Marth is being relegated to Assist Trophy status). But I'm going to be both shocked and quite upset if that's all we get. I'm expecting at least Lucina (who would be the new Marth), and probably one other character from Fire Emblem.

EDIT: Cancel that, somehow I just overlooked Marth.

Still looking for a character from Awakening though.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 06-11-2014 at 06:46 AM.

Pac-Man has been confirmed to be playable in SSB4!!

The scores are now as follows:

Evastio: 117
    Bolivar: 55
    Del Murder: 55
    Polnareff: 95
    TrollHunter: 55
    Deptression Moon: 132
    Setsu: 55
    Elite Lord Sigma: 110
    Flaming Ice: 55
    Mister Adequate: 55

Less excited for Pac-Man, more excited for his Galaga moves. Because Galaga is awesome.

Good job with Pac-Man, though.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

I swapped out Samurai Goroh and Isaac for Shulk and the Chorus Men from Rhythm Heaven.