Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official SSB4 Newcomer Bets Thread

Ah, right, well maybe X should be included too.

And Sigma > Wily

I hope this isn't considered necro-ing the thread, but I forgot to update the thread's rules along with the Serenes Forest Betting Thread that I'm running.

Anyways, the update: seeing how the X reveal at E3 did not feature Shulk and was not Xenoblade related (to my knowledge, but I'm not very familiar with Xenoblade), we're allowing a free Shulk guess removal/switch for those who did guess Shulk. If any of you know can fill me in regarding X and if it's Xenoblade related or not (or if it features Shulk), let me know.

I'm personally switching out Shulk for Little Mac.

I should also inform you guys that Namco Bandai characters aren't more likely just because they're helping develop SSB4, so you might not want to guess them.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Well it seems that everyone has missed out on points from todays announcement!

Both Pikmin and Captain Olimar from Pikmin have been announced for SSB4
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    Well it seems that everyone has missed out on points from todays announcement!

Both Pikmin and Captain Olimar from Pikmin have been announced for SSB4
    This thread is for guessing Smash Bros. newcomers only, not veterans. It was stated as the first rule in the opening post:

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio
    The official rules are as follows:

- we guess newcomers only and we don't guess character cuts
    Olimar is a veteran Smash Bros. character, so nobody gains or loses points from him being announced. I restricted the guessing to newcomers only because I felt that practically all the Brawl veterans would return, barring a few like Snake and Sonic (who are guest characters and are likely to be a one game deal), Toon Link (who may likely get cut due to being a second version/incarnation of Link. Plus, Sakurai said he wants the roster to be much more diverse this time around), and Lucario and Ike (who may likely get prioritized by more recent and relevant characters from their series, similar to what happened to Mewtwo and Roy in Brawl).

Anyways, regarding Olimar being confirmed for SSB4, I'm glad they didn't decide to replace him with one of the Pikmin 3 protagonists, since Olimar is the Pikachu/Marth of the Pikmin series. I wonder if he can use any of the new Pikmin like the rock Pikmin or the Flying Pikmin, since the screenshots didn't show him using them. I doubt they'll give Pikmin more than one playable character and have the other playable character use the new Pikmin.

I hope necroing this thread is okay, since Smash Bros. newcomer updates don't happen that often and updates to this thread will happen seldomly as well.

Anyways, we've gotten out first newcomer reveal for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U ever since E3: Rosalina!!!

And now the scores are as follows:

Evastio: 105
    Bolivar: 80
    Del Murder: 80
    Polnareff: 105
    TrollHunter: 80
    Deptression Moon: 95
    Setsu: 80
    Elite Lord Sigma: 120
    Flaming Ice: 80

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Got another one right! I bet some people are going to be happy about this one.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

LITTLE MAC!!!

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Even though two people beat me to it, I guess I should post it anyways since I'm running the thread's betting game:

Little Mac has been confirmed to be playable in SSB4!!

Well, it's time to update the scores with Little Mac's inclusion.

Evastio: 115
    Bolivar: 75
    Del Murder: 75
    Polnareff: 115
    TrollHunter: 75
    Deptression Moon: 105
    Setsu: 75
    Elite Lord Sigma: 130
    Flaming Ice: 75

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Yay, I've gotten 2 right so far.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Harry Enfield.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Well, considering this new character didn't even exist when this betting thread began, I don't think any of us got this one right.

As for the other non-playable Pokemon in the trailer:
    -Marill
    -Bellossom
    -Chespin
    -Oshawott
    -Snivy
    -Goldeen
    -Eevee
    -Metagross
    -Entei
    -Electrode
    -Gardevoir
    -Palkia
    -Snorlax
    -Kyogre
    -Lugia
    -Kyurem
    -Giratina
    -Zoroark
    -Gogoat
    -Suicune
    -Deoxys
    -Inkay
    -Fennekin
    -Keldeo
    -Meloetta
    -Victini
    -Spewpa
    -Meowth
    -Staryu
    -Swirlix
    -Dedenne
    -Darkrai
    -Togepi
    Last edited by Elite Lord Sigma; 04-09-2014 at 09:47 PM.

Greninja has been confirmed to be a standalone playable character in yesterday's Smash Bros. Direct:

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Lord Sigma View Post
    Well, considering this new character didn't even exist when this betting thread began, I don't think any of us got this one right.
    Well, I figured it would be way too hard to guess a specific 6th Generation Pokemon right, seeing how we knew little to nothing of 6th Gen at the time this thread was made. That's why I allowed a generic 6th Gen Pokemon slot. Anyways, Depression Moon and I correctly guessed a 6th Gen Pokemon would make it in, though I made it worth +2 instead of the usual +10, since it wouldn't be fair to give that many points to such a generic guess.

So here's the scores right now:

Evastio: 117
    Bolivar: 70
    Del Murder: 70
    Polnareff: 110
    TrollHunter: 70
    Deptression Moon: 107
    Setsu: 70
    Elite Lord Sigma: 125
    Flaming Ice: 75
    Mister Adequate: 70

Also, I'm only going to account for guessed characters that are practically deconfirmed (like Ridley and Waluigi) only after the 3DS version is released, since Sakurai himself said that anything he shows is subject to change (though for those kind of characters, those guesses will be locked and you're not allowed to switch/remove them, since people could easily avoid the -10 point penalty for an incorrect guess that way). Although Sakurai didn't state it directly, it's safe to say that confirmed newcomers are a lot less subject to change than deconfirmed newcomers.

So with Charizard and it's Mega-Form (most likely its Final Smash, maybe with Char X for WiiU, Char Y for 3DS?) now confirmed, does that make poor Pokémon Trainer now live among the outcasts? I'm still hoping for Mewtwo.

So, Greninja's move lineup is apparently: Water Shuriken (standard B signature move), Waterfall (up B recovery), Substitute (down B block/counter), and Shadow Sneak (side B dash damage). So what move is the aqua blade it uses?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

3 right so far! I'm on a roll!
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 04-18-2014 at 07:59 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    So with Charizard and it's Mega-Form (most likely its Final Smash, maybe with Char X for WiiU, Char Y for 3DS?) now confirmed, does that make poor Pokémon Trainer now live among the outcasts?
    That's a shame - he was one of the best things Brawl had going for it.