Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Official SSB4 Newcomer Bets Thread

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

The final roster has more or less been confirmed through the Japanese release. However, there's a definite possibility that more characters will be added through DLC. Will this thread deal with potential DLC characters in any way?

So Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr., and Dark Pit have been confirmed to be the final newcomers to the SSB4 roster according to people who own the Japanese 3DS version of SSB4. They've even received the "You've unlocked every fighter" notice/achievement and unlocked the "True All-Star Mode", confirming that the roster is indeed final barring 3DS-Wii U link up unlocks or DLC. For this game, though, we're only accounting for the roster that's accessible through normal gameplay, and not outside methods.

Here's the unlock screens for the newcomers:

The final scores are as follows:

Evastio: 82
    Bolivar: -15
    Del Murder: 15
    Polnareff: 35
    TrollHunter: 5
    Deptression Moon: 92
    Setsu: 10 (I fixed up the score since he had Shulk in white text and I didn't notice it)
    Elite Lord Sigma: 65
    Flaming Ice: -5
    Mister Adequate: 15

If there's any errors, please notify me.

Congratulations Depression Moon for winning the SSB4 newcomer betting game!! And thanks for all who participated!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Yo, I took the crown. Good stuff Evastio, I thought we were going to tie since the last time I looked we had the same score.

My gosh, this newcomer list is disappointing.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I can't complain everyone I've betted on made it through with the exception of Paper Mario. The only new one I absolutely don't like is Mii. I can't wait to get a Wii U now and smurf up people with some Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, and Palutena. I want to try out everyone though with the exception of Mii. I find it weird how they left out Ice Climbers. Wolf and Lucas I can understand, but the Ice Climbers were an entity of their own and not clones. It's going to be hard determining my mains this time around. I know I'm going to keep Meta Knight, but the others are a mystery.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The reason the Ice Climbers are not in is because of some difficulties with the 3DS, well I remember that Sakurai mentioned that he was having a difficult time with them on the 3DS. So that there is why they're not on the roster.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

I can kind of accept characters I like not making it into the final game.

I am having a really, really hard time accepting one of my most wanted characters not only not being playable, but actually being cut from the final product.

Tell me, Nintendo. Were you having technical difficulties with Isaac's Assist Trophy as well?! Was the Move Psynergy just too powerful for the 3DS?! Was the musical track from Brawl simply too AWESOME for the 3DS's poor little processor?!

There is no Isaac Assist Trophy (Ray from Custom Robo is actually cut as well). Why?! Isn't part of the 3DS game celebrating your handheld history?! Why the heck would you cut one of the greatest highlights of the GBA?!
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey, maybe this is kinda off-topic, but there's a possibility one retailer accidentally leaked the WiiU version release date.