Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Press Conference - #E32013

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Really I'll be happy if PS4 gets a 450$ Price Point right now. I don't think they need to beat out MS by all that much with the Ill Will MS has been brewing up with the gaming audience. That's why I think they my launch at the same price point.
    Ill will or not, if Sony comes in a fill $100 below the Xbone, they might just cripple them out of the gate. All the ill will gives them even more reason to hit them hard and hit them early. Do it out of the gate when that Kinect with every console is really going to hurt them the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Really I'll be happy if PS4 gets a 450$ Price Point right now. I don't think they need to beat out MS by all that much with the Ill Will MS has been brewing up with the gaming audience. That's why I think they my launch at the same price point.
    Ill will or not, if Sony comes in a fill $100 below the Xbone, they might just cripple them out of the gate. All the ill will gives them even more reason to hit them hard and hit them early. Do it out of the gate when that Kinect with every console is really going to hurt them the most.
    I can agree with that strategy, but part of me is not really sure if that's what Sony's going to do.

While a 50$ price point isn't as impactful as a 100$ Price point, Sony may see that as a big enough gap to grab the lead right now. Especially with how good even 450$ looks compared to the PS3's 600$ price tag.

As long as it's not more expensive then XBone, I see Sony still coming out of this looking better, or at least they will assume so.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

First post updated with some photos courtesy of IGN.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I just don't see them losing that much cash on their console. I hope like hell you guys might be right, but knowing Sony's history with pricing, I can't see them having a higher cost package (GDDR5 is not cheap at all, DDR3 which Xbone uses is dirt cheap) and having a lower selling point. I won't get my hopes up, let's put it that way. Expecting around £429-499.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

TLDR version also added to the first post! xD

Articles

Out of all of it, 3 games caught my attention.

* Crimson Dragon is the same as the panzer dragoon games of olde.
    * Spark looked good, but there seems to be way too much faffing around to make it awesome
    * Titanfall looked pretty good, puts a spin on the FPS genre.

So we have a nostigic game, something I won't put the effort into making great and a cool game with is exclusive to 3 Microsoft consoles (most of which we own one of anyway).

Lets see how PS4 does, and if it gets my money. They'll probably at least show one RPG.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I just don't see them losing that much cash on their console. I hope like hell you guys might be right, but knowing Sony's history with pricing, I can't see them having a higher cost package (GDDR5 is not cheap at all, DDR3 which Xbone uses is dirt cheap) and having a lower selling point. I won't get my hopes up, let's put it that way. Expecting around £429-499.
    Honestly, the GDDR5 RAM will be the only thing that isn't pretty cheap in the thing, and even that might put the PS4 on par with the Xbone in terms of production cost when you factor in a Kinect in every box. I'd still say it's in Sony's best interest to come in significantly cheaper than $500. Microsoft has basically just announced that they want to be the PS3 of this generation (remember that the 20GB PS3 model launched at $500). If Sony just comes in at close to, or the exact same, price then all it shows is they haven't learned the biggest lesson for why the PS3 lost the lead the PS2 gave them (or even why the PS2 did so well in the first place).

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

lol@UK price. gl M$. Seriously what are they thinking here.

But, overall, sounds like it's not a bad lineup. Not quite the trainwreck I was expecting.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    I don't have either of those games so this is gonna be good.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Sony USED to know damn well how to price things.

Sony PlayStation: The Price Heard Around the World - "299" - (E3 1995 Keynote) - YouTube

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So far none of those exclusives would even get me to consider jumping ship to XBone. Was highly unlikely anyway.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I don't really have a lot of interest in the system, but I popped in here to look at the overview, and felt I had to mention this:

Master Chief in a cloak looks completely idiotic. I mean, what the heck.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So in addition to being made by an, at best, mediocre developer, they're also doing free-to-play wrong? As if I needed more reason to not care about Killer Instinct than the mediocre originals.

Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

NEW TLDR VERSION: