Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    See the first post, there's a summary. =]
    Got it. xD

It does sound like Sony trounced everyone else. Nothing to tear me away from being a primarily PC gamer to be honest, but they're definitely winning the console race at this point.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    As for FFXV, I thought it looked sweet but I just hope it keeps to its roots. It looked more like Assassins Creed gamepley than classic FF. We'll see. Still paranoid about the series after FFXIII.
    Old chool FAN HATEROADE!

Best looking Final Fantasy game EVAR! But of course the hate train "This doesn't look like FF" has to roll around. Good thing SE is moving forward in this direction. They have turn based games and whatever on other platforms. Go check em out. Stop complaining that the new AAA titles aren't using a combat system from the 80's and 90's. This may seem like counter-whining on my part, but this was probably the best thing the Japanese side of SE has put out in a decade or more and it's total BS that there are some FF fans deriding it before it even comes out.
    is it really a surprise it is the "Best looking Final Fantasy game EVAR!"??? It is on the most advanced system... meaningless statement. And you can not possible know NOW that this is "the best thing the Japanese side of SE has put out in a decade or more".

All you can say is that YOU think you will like it. I like Rocket will prefer not to go crazy over a tiny demo on a game that is 7 years old, and reserve there right to not be overly optimistic about it. Sure it looks like it could be good, but we don't know anything yet.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Only thing I'm a bit miffed about here is the addition of required PS+ subscriptions for going online to multiplay. However, AFAIK, it's cheaper than LIVE and has better stuff to go along with it, and XBone+LIVE is still like £100+ more expensive than PS4+PS+ (for one year of subscription).

Not that I game online very often. Buuut if everyone I know is crowding onto the PS4, then it might just be worth my time/cash. :3

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

This is just getting mean now. Not only do they have a cheaper accessory, but they HDD is swappable. As far as paying for the online, it's expected. There have been rumors for a while, but it now gives the people that have already been paying for PS+ a slight motivation to maintain it besides it already being an incredible service.

Gotta love being an early adopter.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    You know, it's bad form to post that as though it is fact when even the article itself says Sony hasn't confirmed this.
    Hence the "it seems" considering it was in their own video.

It's also subsequently been confirmed.

http://kotaku.com/third-party-publis...game-512643240

That article also highlights that it's down to the publishers themselves to determine their used-game models. So it's possible that third-party games on the PS4 may have DRM similar to the forced one on XBONE.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    You know, it's bad form to post that as though it is fact when even the article itself says Sony hasn't confirmed this.
    Hence the "it seems" considering it was in their own video.

It's also subsequently been confirmed.

http://kotaku.com/third-party-publis...game-512643240

That article also highlights that it's down to the publishers themselves to determine their used-game models. So it's possible that third-party games on the PS4 may have DRM similar to the forced one on XBONE.
    True. Tretton's statement seems like it's really 'more of the same' vs forced DRM. XBox One is forced from the console. PS4 is basically a more powerful PS3... not much is changing in that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. rydrum2112 View Post
    As for FFXV, I thought it looked sweet but I just hope it keeps to its roots. It looked more like Assassins Creed gamepley than classic FF. We'll see. Still paranoid about the series after FFXIII.
    Old chool FAN HATEROADE!

Best looking Final Fantasy game EVAR! But of course the hate train "This doesn't look like FF" has to roll around. Good thing SE is moving forward in this direction. They have turn based games and whatever on other platforms. Go check em out. Stop complaining that the new AAA titles aren't using a combat system from the 80's and 90's. This may seem like counter-whining on my part, but this was probably the best thing the Japanese side of SE has put out in a decade or more and it's total BS that there are some FF fans deriding it before it even comes out.
    is it really a surprise it is the "Best looking Final Fantasy game EVAR!"??? It is on the most advanced system... meaningless statement. And you can not possible know NOW that this is "the best thing the Japanese side of SE has put out in a decade or more".

All you can say is that YOU think you will like it. I like Rocket will prefer not to go crazy over a tiny demo on a game that is 7 years old, and reserve there right to not be overly optimistic about it. Sure it looks like it could be good, but we don't know anything yet.
    well they showed gameplay:
    FINAL FANTASY XV - Battle Gameplay First Look (E3 2013) - YouTube

IT'S THE TEAM THAT MAKES KH, why are you expecting it to be anything other than a ARPG? Are you people waiting for some glorious FF6/FF7 return to turn based combat?

And as someone who bought all the major SE games over the past few years (FFXIII, XIII-2, XIV) and even their PSP offering right upto the end, I can say with confidence that they have set the bar LOW. Can't get much crappier then whats been sh*tted out so far. The Eidos division of their company has nothing but my sincerest respects.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. rydrum2112 View Post
    Old chool FAN HATEROADE!

well they showed gameplay:
    FINAL FANTASY XV - Battle Gameplay First Look (E3 2013) - YouTube

IT'S THE TEAM THAT MAKES KH, why are you expecting it to be anything other than a ARPG? Are you people waiting for some glorious FF6/FF7 return to turn based combat?

And as someone who bought all the major SE games over the past few years (FFXIII, XIII-2, XIV) and even their PSP offering right upto the end, I can say with confidence that they have set the bar LOW. Can't get much crappier then whats been sh*tted out so far. The Eidos division of their company has nothing but my sincerest respects.
    I definitely don't have a problem with ARPGs. I just hope that we still have the "RPG" elements in it. However pretty it is, however fun it is to play, I want people to talk to, towns to explore, and sidequests to go on. And that, unfortunately, is what we have not yet seen in the trailers.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    I definitely don't have a problem with ARPGs. I just hope that we still have the "RPG" elements in it. However pretty it is, however fun it is to play, I want people to talk to, towns to explore, and sidequests to go on. And that, unfortunately, is what we have not yet seen in the trailers.
    Both of these points have been touched on in interviews today - the world is apparently pretty epic and open world in scope and whilst the game is an action RPG they are trying hard to keep the FF feel:

Eyes on Final Fantasy - An Interview with Tetsuya Nomura about KH1.5/KH3/FFXV - #E32013
    Eyes on Final Fantasy - The Future of Final Fantasy - Press Conference - #E32013

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Both of these points have been touched on in interviews today - the world is apparently pretty epic and open world in scope and whilst the game is an action RPG they are trying hard to keep the FF feel:

Eyes on Final Fantasy - An Interview with Tetsuya Nomura about KH1.5/KH3/FFXV - #E32013
    Eyes on Final Fantasy - The Future of Final Fantasy - Press Conference - #E32013
    Well, good.

And I do understand that "walking around town talking to people" isn't usually what one would put in a trailer. But I have to admit, had they had such a section in the FFXV trailer, I would have stood up an applauded.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm just happy the game's coming out, but I would go a step further than Skyblade. I don't want them to stop with giving us towns to walk around and talk in, because we shouldn't have to ask for that as RPG fans. I want them to give us more to do than fight monsters and talk to people. I still enjoy FFVII to this day because the characters are constantly doing different things, whether that's driving a motorcycle, running an excavation operation, or surviving an arctic expedition. It's the variety in gameplay that made JRPGs a special genre in the late 90s, to me, and would really make me ecstatic about this game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's going to cost $549 in Australia.

I am so sick of this trout u_u

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    It's going to cost $549 in Australia.

I am so sick of this trout u_u
    Eh, that's not bad. It's cheaper than it is in the UK going by today's rates.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm more annoyed about the price compared to what Americans will be paying for it. Even if you include their sales tax and whatnot.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I'm more annoyed about the price compared to what Americans will be paying for it. Even if you include their sales tax and whatnot.
    Some of us Americans don't even have sales tax