Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Sony Press Conference - #E32013

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Kinda gutted about that mandatory subscription for online gaming, now I'll have to pay for online console gaming. Gutted. I do wonder where FFXIV will fit in with that, too, as they won't release on 360 because of the Xbox Live required subscription.

Pretty amused and pleased that our AF joke and the main alternative we discussed as an AF joke both ended up being announced as part of Sony's battering ram.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

People chill out. I've been a PS+ member from the start (back in 2010). My sub runs into 2014 and IT IS THE BEST DEAL IN GAMING PERIOD!!
    Sony and MS have to pay to run those online servers. It really isn't the end of the world and if you're an Xbot changing sides next-gen...you're already used to it, so why are you complaining?
    Other than that SOMEONE call 911, Microsoft GOT RAPEDDDD!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by nirojan; 06-11-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Sony's best e3 that I can remember and it's not even over yet. I'll be getting my PS4 on release. I think the price is great considering it's a next gen console.

Also, hugely excited about KH3! About fecking time. As for FFXV, I thought it looked sweet but I just hope it keeps to its roots. It looked more like Assassins Creed gamepley than classic FF. We'll see. Still paranoid about the series after FFXIII.

Looking forward to the rest of the conference!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    As for FFXV, I thought it looked sweet but I just hope it keeps to its roots.
    Final Fantasy's roots involve constantly reinventing itself and innovating heavily to evolve the genre into something new. So, basically, it's roots are to let go of it's roots. This is why I love the series - you don't end up playing the same old thing over and over. Sometimes it hits, sometimes it misses, but at least they try to shake things up unlike most major games in the industry.

Still, obviously they'll need to involve chocobos and stuff. I think things like the Iron Giant scene show that it most defintely still has the FF vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    As for FFXV, I thought it looked sweet but I just hope it keeps to its roots. It looked more like Assassins Creed gamepley than classic FF. We'll see. Still paranoid about the series after FFXIII.
    Old chool FAN HATEROADE!

Best looking Final Fantasy game EVAR! But of course the hate train "This doesn't look like FF" has to roll around. Good thing SE is moving forward in this direction. They have turn based games and whatever on other platforms. Go check em out. Stop complaining that the new AAA titles aren't using a combat system from the 80's and 90's. This may seem like counter-whining on my part, but this was probably the best thing the Japanese side of SE has put out in a decade or more and it's total BS that there are some FF fans deriding it before it even comes out.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Final Fantasy's roots involve constantly reinventing itself and innovating heavily to evolve the genre into something new. So, basically, it's roots are to let go of it's roots. This is why I love the series - you don't end up playing the same old thing over and over. Sometimes it hits, sometimes it misses, but at least they try to shake things up unlike most major games in the industry.

Still, obviously they'll need to involve chocobos and stuff. I think things like the Iron Giant scene show that it most defintely still has the FF vibe.
    Yeah well I'm all for the FF series reinventing itself but I was more having a gripe with was gameplay wise. Maybe i'm just scarred from XIII but because I was that disappointed with it I'm skeptical about XV. I think it looks great and everything but I'm not the biggest fan of action adventure games - just hope this resembles the gameplay of past FF's before XIII (XII ideally), and not as linear.
    Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    Old chool FAN HATEROADE!

Best looking Final Fantasy game EVAR! But of course the hate train "This doesn't look like FF" has to roll around. Good thing SE is moving forward in this direction. They have turn based games and whatever on other platforms. Go check em out. Stop complaining that the new AAA titles aren't using a combat system from the 80's and 90's. This may seem like counter-whining on my part, but this was probably the best thing the Japanese side of SE has put out in a decade or more and it's total BS that there are some FF fans deriding it before it even comes out.
    Relax there lad. I'm anything but a hater, just voicing my concerns (read above). I'm not a retro fanboy either. I just don't want FF to become a game that goes against the type of games that it used to produce.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Kinda gutted about that mandatory subscription for online gaming, now I'll have to pay for online console gaming. Gutted.
    The day I pay extra for access to basic features to a game I paid good money for is the day I quit gaming.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

You're about to quit gaming!?

EDIT: No idea if you actually play multiplayer, mind you.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No I'm not going to quit gaming because I'm not going to pay extra to get to play multiplayer.

EDIT: I should probably add though, that while I hate the idea of multiplayer being locked behind a subscription fee with every fiber of my being, PS+ is at least worth the fee for the other services it offers alone. I haven't had it since through first year they offered it but I definitely got more than my moneys worth at the time. It seems its only improved since. I'd be a lot more bothered paying for Xbox Live than PS+.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
    PS4 is not region locked.

The best news so far.
    Beats repeating. I wake up and find Sony went and hammered another nail into MS's coffin, giving no smurfs that none were needed.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Yep I'm going back to suckling on mommy Sony's rosy teat for sure. Get me some comedy cheap Jap PS4 and then get my games imported by my boy Stan. Hell to the yes.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm exited! I've always liked the PlayStation consoles. I probably won't be able to afford one when it's released, but maybe next year.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

So I missed this because I was in bed. I guess Sony won?

What major things do I need to know about?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

See the first post, there's a summary. =]