Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Versus XIII becomes Final Fantasy XV #E32013

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    So, PS3 owners who got their system partially for Versus are now required to buy an entirely new system for this game after waiting an entire console generation for it.

Wut?
    That's a pretty dumb thing to try and kick a fuss up over really. If it was Sony making this game I could understand it, slightly. But Sony aren't really responsible for the politics and development cycles of third-party companies. No-one forced you to buy the PS3 - you could have just waited until the game was out before even buying the console.

Like anyone was going to wait 7 years.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

So, PS3 owners who got their system partially for Versus are now required to buy an entirely new system for this game after waiting an entire console generation for it.

Wut?
    That's a pretty dumb thing to try and kick a fuss up over really. If it was Sony making this game I could understand it, slightly. But Sony aren't really responsible for the politics and development cycles of third-party companies. No-one forced you to buy the PS3 - you could have just waited until the game was out before even buying the console.
    You're kidding, right? First SE starts hyping everyone with their big FNC on PS3, for years (yes: years) Nomura keeps saying over and over again "Versus is PS3 exclusive" and all trailers end with "For Playstation 3", and then poof, game goes silent for 2 years, and when it resurfaces, SE comes up, says: "Hey, all you PS3 owners who waited seven years for this game? Well, you don't get it after all, lol! Go buy a new system for 400 euros if you wanna play the game we promised for seven years would be on the console you already own, lol!"

Yeah, clearly it's MY fault here for believing what SE told us for 5 years in their trailers. Stupid me, I should have predicted that this game would take over 7 years to develop until SE decided to push it to PS4. Yup, all my fault. Totally not like SE published false information, nah, I should just have read their minds and know beforehand that this was gonna get pushed back. I mean, whoever heard of someone being so stupid as to believe that when a game says "For PS3" it's gonna be on PS3! Obviously it was gonna get pushed back to PS4 from the start! Like, duh!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post

Wut?

Like anyone was going to wait 7 years.
    Well, I waited. Didn't get a PS3 due to wait.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

If you got a system primarily for one game and now consider it a waste as you didn't get that game, you're crazy. And it is your fault.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

You're kidding, right? First SE starts hyping everyone with their big FNC on PS3, for years (yes: years) Nomura keeps saying over and over again "Versus is PS3 exclusive" and all trailers end with "For Playstation 3", and then poof, game goes silent for 2 years, and when it resurfaces, SE comes up, says: "Hey, all you PS3 owners who waited seven years for this game? Well, you don't get it after all, lol! Go buy a new system for 400 euros if you wanna play the game we promised for seven years would be on the console you already own, lol!"

Yeah, clearly it's MY fault here for believing what SE told us for 5 years in their trailers. Stupid me, I should have predicted that this game would take over 7 years to develop until SE decided to push it to PS4. Yup, all my fault. Totally not like SE published false information, nah, I should just have read their minds and know beforehand that this was gonna get pushed back. I mean, whoever heard of someone being so stupid as to believe that when a game says "For PS3" it's gonna be on PS3! Obviously it was gonna get pushed back to PS4 from the start! Like, duh!
    Cool, it's not like there wasn't a plethora of other interesting titles released on the PS3 or anything in those 7 years. I'm sure you were well and truly ripped off and conned and have every reason to be annoyed at spending money on that poor little black dust collecting box sitting looking lonely under your TV that can't be used for anything because Versus XIII never came out. I'd suggest taking this injustice up with the Better Business Bureau.

FFXIV Character

Cool, it's not like there wasn't a plethora of other interesting titles released on the PS3 or anything in those 7 years. I'm sure you were well and truly ripped off and conned and have every reason to be annoyed at spending money on that poor little black dust collecting box sitting looking lonely under your TV that can't be used for anything because Versus XIII never came out. I'd suggest taking this injustice up with the Better Business Bureau.
    Yes, because I so said all I ever wanted for my PS3 is Versus, or that I have no games other than Versus for my console. And because it is totally unreasonable and retarded of me to expect a company to deliver upon their promise, and be somewhat dissapointed when they don't. Pfsh, whoever heard of a company doing what they said they were gonna do for 7 years. Ridiculous. In fact, why are all of you even getting excited? It's obvious that this game's gonna get pushed back to the PS5 and be renamed FF XVII at this point. Dur.

Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Yes, because I so said all I ever wanted for my PS3 is Versus, or that I have no games other than Versus for my console. And because it is totally unreasonable and retarded of me to expect a company to deliver upon their promise, and be somewhat dissapointed when they don't. Pfsh, whoever heard of a company doing what they said they were gonna do for 7 years. Ridiculous. In fact, why are all of you even getting excited? It's obvious that this game's gonna get pushed back to the PS5 and be renamed FF XVII at this point. Dur.
    Got a link to where they unequivocally promised it would be coming out on the PS3?

FFXIV Character

Got a link to where they unequivocally promised it would be coming out on the PS3?
    Oh, so all their trailers ending with "for Playstation 3", interviews with "Versus XIII is Ps3 exlusive" don't count? Yeah, you're absolutely right. How could anyone even believe this was ever gonna be on PS3! I mean, it's so obvious it wasn't gonna be. There never were even any signs it was gonna be on PS3. Anybody who bought a PS3 and added this game on their list of games they wanted to get for it is an utter moron, because obviously SE never promised it would be on PS3. They said it was gonna be for PS3, but obviously they never promised it, so obviously, anyone who expected this game to appear on PS3 is an utter moron and is a complete retard for being somewhat dissapointed it won't be for PS3 after all these years of waiting.

Thank you for enlightening me. I now know that when a company says for years something is going to be for this or that console, it is unreasonable to expect it actually will be for this or that console.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

So you didn't get it on the PS3. That's annoying, yes. But deal with it, you will be disappointed sometimes by companies and others. Nobody's got a gun to your head to get a PS4 now. If you're that enraged just write it off and move on.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    So you didn't get it on the PS3. That's annoying, yes. But deal with it. Nobody's got a gun to your head to get a PS4 now. If you're that enraged just write it off and move on.
    I'm not enraged, at least not at XV not being on PS3. I found it annoying and said so. I'm more put off that I got made out to be a total moron and retard for expecting it to be on PS3 in the first place and for daring to be annoyed by it. Yeah, I should be ashamed of myself for being not 100% positive about this new move of the great god SE. Please forgive this poor mortal sinner for having unreasonable expectations, oh great and powerful SE!

Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Oh, so all their trailers ending with "for Playstation 3", interviews with "Versus XIII is Ps3 exlusive" don't count? Yeah, you're absolutely right. How could anyone even believe this was ever gonna be on PS3! I mean, it's so obvious it wasn't gonna be. There never were even any signs it was gonna be on PS3. Anybody who bought a PS3 and added this game on their list of games they wanted to get for it is an utter moron, because obviously SE never promised it would be on PS3. They said it was gonna be for PS3, but obviously they never promised it, so obviously, anyone who expected this game to appear on PS3 is an utter moron and is a complete retard for being somewhat dissapointed it won't be for PS3 after all these years of waiting.

Thank you for enlightening me. I now know that when a company says for years something is going to be for this or that console, it is unreasonable to expect it actually will be for this or that console.
    Yes, exactly, they originally planned for it to be on PlayStation 3. But plans sometimes change. Planned games sometimes even get canned completely.

Do you have a right to be disappointed? Sure. But acting as if Square deliberately decided to smurf you over and forced you to buy a PS3 in the first place? Not really.

FFXIV Character

But acting as if Square deliberately decided to smurf you over and forced you to buy a PS3 in the first place? Not really.
    I don't recall ever saying that.

This may sound like a silly question, but I'm not really up on my FF news so I have to ask - Is this game part of the XIII universe at all? Or is it an entirely new game/world?

I only ask because I don't want to buy it if there's the risk of any of XIII's world spilling over to it, since I utterly hated everything to do with FFXIII.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

But acting as if Square deliberately decided to smurf you over and forced you to buy a PS3 in the first place? Not really.

Well, to be fair, you don't know his life. They COULD have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Well, to be fair, you don't know his life. They COULD have.
    They sure did. I mean, how am I ever going to recover from this traumatic experience?