Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    But acting as if Square deliberately decided to smurf you over and forced you to buy a PS3 in the first place? Not really.
    I don't recall ever saying that.
    You're were pretty much getting at it with:

"Hey, all you PS3 owners who waited seven years for this game? Well, you don't get it after all, lol! Go buy a new system for 400 euros if you wanna play the game we promised for seven years would be on the console you already own, lol!"

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    You're were pretty much getting at it with:

"Hey, all you PS3 owners who waited seven years for this game? Well, you don't get it after all, lol! Go buy a new system for 400 euros if you wanna play the game we promised for seven years would be on the console you already own, lol!"
    Still don't see where I accused them of doing it deliberately.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Please guys, can we cut that out? It's getting really unpleasant here. Let's just respect each other's opinions and try to talk about the game itself. Also, please keep in mind that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit - doesn't make you sound smart, quite the contrary - but that's beside the point now.

Crop - from what I can see in the trailer, they are using the "Fabula Nova Crystalis" name, so I guess it's still part of it, but those games are still very loosely connected, not even taking place in the same world. I think there's just some vague mythos thing going on that is the same for all the games. Basically, the crystals and all that trout. So yeah, it's a totally different world.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah if what you're taking away from the FFXV announcement is that you wasted your money on your PS3 then you've got some issues. Let's move on and talk about the future and not the past since the future looks much more bright.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

That whole argument summed up in 15 seconds:

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Crop - from what I can see in the trailer, they are using the "Fabula Nova Crystalis" name, so I guess it's still part of it, but those games are still very loosely connected, not even taking place in the same world. I think there's just some vague mythos thing going on that is the same for all the games. Basically, the crystals and all that trout. So yeah, it's a totally different world.
    Yeah as far as we know it's loosely connected to the overall mythos to do with the crystals - but beyond that it's a completely different world with no direct connection to XIII.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The only things I expect to be similar would be the crystals and perhaps the religion. At a push, it's possible that the ending of FFXIII-2 could perhaps influence XV, but I doubt it - my belief is that they are not connected in any way beyond the crystals.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I'm not sure why anyone would buy a console based on a promise of an exclusive game that hasn't even been released. If you want a console for X game only, wait until X game has actually been released, *snip* Why the hell would you buy the console years in advance if you just wanted it for that one game? You could have waited and gotten the console for way less money.

Besides, 400 bucks is ridiculously cheap for a new game system (in this day and age!). If it has a solid game lineup, it'll be my first launch-purchase of a console since... forever, I think.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I know how Elpizo feels because Versus was also one of the titles which was the reason I bought the PS3. But I have like 30 other games for it so - it might be a bit unfortunate but who cares. I got Nier for the PS3 and I will always find it better anyway.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just a friendly reminder that we do not insult people on this forum. Keep it civil or I'll lay the smacketh down.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The name Final Fantasy was an insta-buy for me since the days NES was a relevant console. That stopped with FFXIII-2. I haven't touched the game in forever and have no wish to. With that in mind I watched the FFXV preview when it was first announced to see if anything in it would convince me to pick the game up. Nothing did. The preview looks like it takes away more of what I like about the series and expands upon more of what I don't like.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I would have liked this for the PS3. Not that I care that much anyways..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    I'd be astonished if there were no female playable characters.
    I've been over at FF Wiki every so often over the past month-and-a-half, and every indication I've seen there says that there are none. Really, Square should've scrambled to add some the instant they decided to make this 15 rather than Vs. 13.
    Vote in my EoFF Popularity Poll for every game and character in the series thus far: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8N6VZ98!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

They should have scrambled to add some to appease some people on the internet?
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 08-04-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Brilliant, Holmes.
    Vote in my EoFF Popularity Poll for every game and character in the series thus far: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8N6VZ98!