Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default E3 Day One is over - What's your verdict? #E32013

What were your highlights? What were your let downs? What took you by surprise? Are you more interested in the next-gen now?

Discuss Day One of E3, right here!

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gam...ce-e32013.html
    Last edited by Aulayna; 06-11-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Sony destroyed Microsoft. 'nuff said really!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

sony won

yes i am

i wasn't yesterday

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Xbox One only has Killer Instinct going for it, at least.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

xboxdone.com

i am looking forward to the nintendo direct tomorrow as i've been planning to get a 3ds for a few months now. and like i probably won't even buy a ps4 because buying consoles isn't really my thing but DAMN was that a good showing by sony

Articles
    Blog Entries

There weren't as many shockers as I would have liked when it comes to games... But the Sony conference sure packed in a lot of system-related jaw-droppers at the end. And overall, A LOT of nice gameplay was shown across the four press conferences today. I'm excited to dig deeper as the expo begins.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Kingdom Hearts 3. I am now a happy man.

Were I a man who could make GF's, I'd take the scene from the beginning of Bayonnetta where the dudes pissing on a grave, and put PS4 on his face, XBone on the grave.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

You know today has been a bit of a rollercoaster for me. I've been awake for nearly 24 hours now preparing this coverage and it's been a heck of a ride. I hope you guys enjoyed it.

XBOX ONE
    I still wasn't 100% on XBONE but I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I thought Ryse looked cool, as did the new Dead Rising and Titan Fall looked very slick. But then came the price point and whilst at first I was like... okay that isn't that much different to the price of a top-end tablet... it soon left me thinking - ehhh, this isn't striking me as an at launch "must have." I was a bit disappointed by the lack of love for Indie developers and whilst it was good that they focused on games, games and games - it wasn't a bad presentation by any means but not great either.

XBOX Highlight: Ryse

EA
    Then came EA. EA took the role I was expecting Ubisoft to fill - with the cheesey celebrity and sports personality testimonials and general talking bulltrout to the rapping... the rapping... oh god why the rapping... Also did they really need Drake to come talk about football... really? But aside from that the new Plants vs Zombies game looks AMAZING and I would buy it RIGHT NOW. We got the big announcement that DICE are making Battlefront (music to some fans ears) and I'm not a huge CoD/BF fan but the Battlefield 4 multiplayer footage was absolutely stunning! Oh and Dragon Age 3 and of course MIRROR'S EDGE 2. Overall a surprisingly good conference from EA, marred by the the cheese and sales pitches of SPORTS, SPORTS, SPORTS.

EA Highlight: Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare.
    Runner-Up: The way they announced Peggle 2 xD

UBISOFT

Then Ubisoft were up next. This is possible my favourite conference of the day. I loved Aisha's blunt, dirty talking and her no-holds barred pop shots. Stand-up material right there. Lots of fun looking stuff coming for the current gen. Sadly not much in the way of Watch Dogs or AC4 footage but this was made up by the reveal of The Crew and The Division. The Crew looks like a really fresh take on the racing genre using online functionality in fantastic ways - sort of doing what both Forza 5 and NFS were trying to do, but better. Then - The Division - the complete surprise of the show! It looked so slick and I love the setting, I just hope it's decent. I really want a multiplayer game in this setting and all the recent offerings have been terrible. Please don't smurf this up Ubisoft!

Ubi Highlight: The Division.
    Honorary Mention: 23:12 - "I changed my mic because the other one kept dropping out. If this one doesn't work I'll just start screaming at you. Nothing better than a giant black woman screaming at you. Especially in bed" - Highlight of E3 right there!

SONY
    I haven't actually watched Sony's E3 press conferences in a couple of years as they usually end up sending me to sleep by focusing too much on sales numbers and business slides than the stuff gamers really want to see. This year though the ball was in their court and by jove did they deliver! All the staple PS titles are there and we finally got the announcement of FFXV and KH3 - I was literaly squealing with joy. I had a feeling it was going to happen and I was getting laughed at at work for hoping that those two titles would be there - but ha! The Order 1886 also looks like an interesting idea and the Indie support is amazing. Plus Oddworld returning, hell to the yes! We also finally got a better look at Watch Dogs, AC4 and Destiny. Couple all of this with a reasonable price point and no online requirement or used game DRM and Sony just delivered a TKO in this bout.

SONY Highlight: Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3
    Brilliant Moment: Jack's smug grin as the crowd goes wild at the news of PS4 having no used game restrictions

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

After watching a, honestly, disappointing E3 for most of the day, Sony took the cake. While only a smattering of exciting software revealed at each press conference, it was ended rather gloriously. Sony has an amazing game platform being built up for this coming generation. Major heavy hitters with Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV (Versus XIII), and the others were fantastic showcases in and of themselves. Even more exciting was their open appreciation and current commitment to independently developed games. As mentioned in chat at the time (a virtual Sony fanboy lovemaking session of epic proportions), Steam has the market cornered on Indies and here's to hoping Sony is able to give them a run for their money.

The only things left to get excited about for now are Nintendo's and SE's announcements tomorrow.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I asked for Battlefront and KH3. I got Battlefront, KH3, FFXV, DA3, and a new plants vs zombies game to boot!

Sony has won my heart. I laughed when the crowded was chanting "Sony! SONY!" after the used game announcement and the no online" The smug grin was great.

Sony has won those conferences. Now it's just up to the rest of E3 to see all the buzz!

Yeah, the Sony chant was E3 having a WWF moment. It was great.

After watching the Sony conference and seeing this video: Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video - YouTube I have concluded that Sony has officially won day one. I didn't have time earlier in the day to watch the other conferences, but I'll probably take a look at EA's later to check up on Battlefront. Regardless, Sony's conference was one of the best I could have imagined it to be.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Sony by far won. FFXV and KH3 were enough for me, but the exclusive gameplay of Watch Dogs sounds interesting as well.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by KH-Cloudy View Post
    After watching the Sony conference and seeing this video: Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video - YouTube I have concluded that Sony has officially won day one. I didn't have time earlier in the day to watch the other conferences, but I'll probably take a look at EA's later to check up on Battlefront. Regardless, Sony's conference was one of the best I could have imagined it to be.
    That video, right there, was perfect. I just bust out laughing. It reminded me of the FFVII TV commercials.

Just the huge buildup and big timing to a perfect payoff.

Props to you, Sony. Well done. It's nice to know you guys still have some humor left.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.