Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default Microsoft Press Conference - #E32013

XBOX ONE
    MICROSOFT PRESS CONFERENCE E3 2013
    (cool header image coming later)

The conference has now ended.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOO LONG; DIDN'T READ VERSION:

- XBONE releases NOVEMBER 2013 for $499/€499/£429
    - New, quieter, slimmer 360 available immediately

- Technical difficulties interrupted this summary... seriously, of all the times you didn't want them Microsoft!

- Killer Instinct confirmed as XBONE exclusive
    - Dead Rising 3 is XBONE exclusive
    - Ryse: Son of Rome - XBONE exclusive God of War style game
    - AI "redefined" in Forza 5
    - Project Spark allows you to build and share games
    - Smart Glass is effectively becomming a tablet device that lets you access matchmaking, stats and all sorts of other trout for ALL your games, not just the one you're playing
    - New Halo confirmed
    - Titanfall looks awesome
    - MGSV MGSV MGSV OMG MGSV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17:26 Waiting... commercials... hurrah \o/

17:28 Still commercials xD

17:33 There has apparently been a slight technical delay which is causing the late start.

17:36 It begins...

17:37 The Konami logo appears followed by some dudes on horseback in Afghanistan. Then the Kojima logo and the Fox Engine logo and we're straight into gameplay footage of the new Metal Gear Solid game. It's open world with real time weather; sandstorms, storms, sun - you name it - all with a realistic passage of time. A plethora of vehicles - so far we've seen a jeep and a tank. Konami are dubbing this as "tactical espionage redefined" with "unparalleled strategic freedom"

17:39 They're really bigging up the stealth aspect, hanging off the side of a horse to avoid guards. The classic dodging spot lights.

17:40 But when combat happens you seem to be able to steal guns from the enemies and use them against them.

17:41 A montage introducing the characters... the graphics look amazing... Ocelot and Emmerich are back!

17:42 SNAKE IS BACK - MGS 5 The Phantom Pain (nice little voice over from Keifer Sutherland)

17:42 Don and Hideo take to the stage to kick us off!

17:43 Come on Don, tell as about THE GAMES! THE GAMES! THE GAMES!

17:43 We're going to see 13 exclusive XBOX ONE titles in this conference. That's a sizeable amount.

17:44 Yusuf Meidi is here to talk to us about upcoming 360 news. There's a new model coming that's based on the XBOX ONE design. The big shock - it's available RIGHT NOW!

17:45 XBOX LIVE Gold Members will receive 2 game free downloads per month. Kicking off with Assassin's Creed II and Halo 3.

17:45 Hundreds of new games still planned for the 360.

17:46 World of Tanks, a hugely successful online PC f2p game (you may have heard of it...) is coming to the XBOX 360 - and it's FREE!

17:48 Victory Kisli is here from Wargaming (the company behind World of Tanks) appears on stage to big up his company and why they chose the 360 for the console edition. 15v15 warfare in your living room. If you're familiar with WoT you know the deal. If not, check out World of Tanks ? Free Online Game

17:50 Max the Curse of Brotherhood - a game from indie Danish studio Press Play. A cute little platform where you use crayons to edit the environment and avoid hazzards. Coming to the 360.

17:51 Dark Souls II trailer. Looking as dark, demonic and frustrating as ever! The tagline being "Go Beyond Death" - well Death is certainly something that happens a lot to me in Dark Souls so I'm already an expert at that. :P

17:53 Phil Spencer is here... complete with his impeccably cheesey grin... here to tell us about XBOX ONE .... GAMES!

17:54 First new franchise coming up.... aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndddd my internet's died... xD DAMNIT!

17:58 Switched over to GameSpot as GameTrailers doesn't seem to like me... so yeah I assume this game is called Ryse and it's the rumored Microsoft God of War we've been hearing about? (fill me in yo!)

18:00 Speculation abound on whether this is pre-rendered or not. It certainly looks very cinematicy.. and not very... gamelike.

18:01 Killer Instinct confirmed as an exclusive XBOX ONE title!

18:03 Insomniac are here to talk about there newest game Sunset Overdrive - Very distinct cartoony platform.

18:06 Here comes the expected hyping up of Forza 5.

18:09 A new system called Drivatar - learns how you play, races for you when you're not playing. When you're playing online or against AI the XBOX ONE will give you Drivatar controlled controls - giving a more dynamic and human feel to racing - especially against the AI who will no longer be so predictable.

18:11 Phil Harrison is here to talk about how they are planning to help indie developers with XBOX ONE. Something that has been a controversial topic on the internet as of late.

18:13 The big first reveal is... Minecraft... yes... Minecraft... mull over that for a minute.

18:15 Sam Lake from Remedy comes to the stage to tell us more about Quantum Break, one of the more interesting titles from the XBOX ONE reveal event. Confirmed as an XBOX ONE exclusive. Appears to be a tv show tie-in and relies heavilly on manipulating time itself.

18:16 D4, a cool look cel-shaded comic book style game.

18:18 Another new game from Microsoft Studios. Project Spark. A game making... game. Using voice commands and Smart Glass.

18:21 You can make and share games with your friends. And even go right down as far as creating assets that can be shared and incorporated. You can even morph the terrain in the process and all sorts of other zany trout! You can even take someone elses map and tailoring it.

18:25 Some insight into how Smart Glass is becomming better, rather than just being a useless app. It shows game info, tips, stats about friends etc and even can be used in the game to queue up for matchmaking in other games. Demonstrated as we seamlessly transition from Ryse to a match in Killer Instinct.

18:27 This goes straight into another new feature of the XBOX ONE - the Upload Video function. Similar to the PS4 video editting and sharing...

18:28 The big surprise though is XBOX ONE has built in Twitch.tv streaming functionality!

18:29 Microsoft Points are being scrapped, and real money is being used. Only one XBOX Gold subscription needed per console now, not per login!

18:30 And some slight technical difficulties again as there's no sound on this next trailer from the makers of Panzer Dragon - called Crimson Dragon.

18:31 Dead Rising 3 revealed! We're straight into gameplay... Los Perdidos has suffered a zombie outbreak and our protagonist armed with just a wrench is in all sorts of trout.

18:35 You're able to combine items together to make better stuff and even use stuff like Flare Guns to distract those zombies for a moment - sparing you a precious few seconds to avoid having your brains eaten!

18:37 The improvisation even goes as far as attacking a chain saw to a broom and throwing it into the zombie horde.

18:38 Smart Glass can also be used to aid in the adventure, for example calling in artillery support.

18:38 Dead Rising 3 is coming EXCLUSIVELY to the XBOX ONE this Christmas.

18:40 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - coming to XBOX ONE. Optional voice commands via Kinect. Inventory management etc and all be done via Smart Glass.

18:42 EA and DICE here to talk about Battlefield 4. Just as we're about to get some footage, the technical difficulties kick back in again and there's no sound on the trailer.

18:43 Technical difficulties ongoing...

18:43 And resolved! Sound, glorious sound!

18:44 As always the Battlefield trailer is as stunning as ever.

18:49 DICE take a leaf out of Activision's book - BF4 Map Packs coming first to the XBOX ONE.

18:50 What Lies Below - another potential gem coming from the Superbrothers: Swords & Sorcery crew.

18:54 New Halo confirmed for 2014. The Chief is back baby.

18:56 XBOX ONE coming in November 2013 - $499.99, €499.99, £429.99 - OUCH!

18:58 Rounding us out for this conference is a brand new trailer for Titanfall. Can only be described as what looks like a Gears of War x Mechwarrior x Planetside love child.

19:00 Vince from Respawn comes to the stage to babble some more about Titanfall. Pretty much the first thing he mentions is Cloud Computing (which nearly everyone on the stage has mentioned at least once!)

19:02 You seem to be able to temporarilly run along walls, that's pretty cool.

19:05 ROBOTS FIGHTING ROBOTS - WHO DOESN'T LOVE ROBOTS FIGHTING ROBOTS? Titanfall is coming in Spring 2014.

19:05 And that's it for the Microsoft Conference.
    Last edited by Aulayna; 06-10-2013 at 07:56 PM.

No point in two threads, I'll just post my thoughts thus far here.

Well, get to it!

I'll probably just post in chunks as a take notes on Notepad like so.

________________________________________ ___
    Well, XBOx is aperently doing all games this time.

And the first reveal is an F2P on Vita.

More TV related XBone stuff with HBO. Still can't care.

I love each mention of DS2 is only them saying the name excitedly. XD

Not Big on Lego games, but hey, they are well made. NOt a bad way to lead in, makes up
    for the F2P opening anyway. Always glad to See Stephen Blum getting Work.

XBox guy saying they always care about Indies? Awesome. :rolleye:

"Remakes always do very well." Quote of the Night.

And smurf you Rare, Kinect Sports? The XBox conferance is quickly going to smurf.

He is talking way more about Kinect Sports then a person should ever talk about Kinect Sports.

The interviewer had to ask about the heartrate thing.
    Rare guy didn't seem to remember he should have brought it up.(About 12-15 minutes.)

I'm kind of looking forward to see if it gets worse.

Go ahead and close out my thread mod of some kind!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

KONAMI!

This music to this ughhh :

A NEW xbox 360? What why?

Oooo Darksouls 2
    Last edited by Freya; 06-10-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Well, a November Launch. That's something so far.

Lot of mentions of Killer Instinct. I'll laugh when it's not Killer Instint Rare reveals.

So they are trying to turn MGS into Assassins Creed? I'm not a MGS fan, but I don't know
    if that's such a good Idea. At least the graphics look nice, and we got some gameplay
    footage, though that was a bit unimpressive.

Highlight of the conferance: Xbox presenter surprised crowd cheers.

At least the XBox live caries over.

I like the new game DL thing, but AC3 and Halo3?

Announced World of Tanks on 360. Alright announcement I guess. Nothing special.

Also, am I the only one who caught the number of exclusives dropped from 15 to 13?

Max: Curse of Brother hood - Looks like a less artsy Limbo. Seems okay.

DS 2 footage, I can dig it. Though it's on PS3 anyway.

And now we are on to exclusives!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

But I have both of those free game download games already

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

This Ryse game looks cool!

Rise: Son of Rome

That city looks pretty damn cool.

Okay, this game actually seems pretty rad thus far. Apperently it's third E3 though.

Correction, started loosing interest at the part they took terns exchanging javelin fire.

A less Systematic God of War with more quick time buttons for normal combat.

...Huzzah?

Okay, Killer Instinct. That's pretty smurfing cool.

Edit:

Well, Sunset Overdrive. Insomniac doing an XBone exclusive. I could never get into many of their
    games, but they are good developers. Let's see how it goes.

Changing world influenced by players is an interesting Idea. Visuas aren't to shabby, I
    llike the more styalized look of it.

Seems to move fast, though depending on what the controls are, Controler or Kinect, will
    determine if it's good or not I think.

Still though, two games that look pretty good!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

New Killer Instinct? Meh.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I am actually super impressed with this presentation so far. Between the new MGS, the Rome game and Killer Instinct I'm basically sold.

We believe in Inovation! Here's a new Forza!

And they are trying to equate higher detail with Inovation.

Lot of fancy words. Apperently this is the end of AI, even though they are just using
    AI. This guy is stupid.

Also, Innovation means getting rewareded for trout you weren't there to do yourself. Took
    a play right out of Fable 2, that it did.

I'm happy, but KI isn't really a system seller or anything, just pretty cool.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Lot of fancy words. Apperently this is the end of AI, even though they are just using
    AI. This guy is stupid.
    The end of AI? As in artificial intelligence? Aside from that making no sense at all, someone better warn Jude Law and Haley Joel Osment.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Minecraft... yawn, it's already everywhere else.

Car game looks good even if it's not my usual style.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

18:13 The big first reveal is... Minecraft... yes... Minecraft... mull over that for a minute.
    So, their first big reveal is neither big nor revealing?

And Minecraft coming to XBone. I can't bring myself to give a trout.

And will Quantum Break come out good?

Oh god that face was smurfing hilarious. XD

I cannot take this scene seriously.

"SOmeone was murdered! Care dammit!"

And D4 looks nice, though that told me virtually nothing.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

18:15 Sam Lake from Remedy comes to the stage to tell us more about Quantum Break, one of the more interesting titles from the XBOX ONE reveal event. Confirmed as an XBOX ONE exclusive.
    Until Remedy asks Microsoft really nicely to let them release it on PC anyway.