Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Trailer For Final Fantasy XV - #E32013

I so want to play this. A really nice change of pace for Final Fantasy, and I'm more than willing to try anything at this point. Except Final Fantasy VIII again, of course. But, man... Square Enix doing a physics engine? It's not the greatest looking, but a hell of a lot better than anything Bethesda has done. And it's got me more than sold. Take my money now, give me the game yesterday, I say.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Did anyone else notice one of Noctis's swords looks like the Advent Children version of the buster sword?

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Way too realistic, nothing fantasy about it. Looks like they're fighting in New York City, classes have pretty much been thrown out the door. Sorry, not a fan of the next-gen direction.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

They've also uploaded the announcement trailer now too so we can finally see it again but in proper HD.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic View Post
    Way too realistic, nothing fantasy about it. Looks like they're fighting in New York City, classes have pretty much been thrown out the door. Sorry, not a fan of the next-gen direction.
    That's realistic? Do you live in the Matrix or something?
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Amazing!
    Really looking forward to see summoning elements. The scale looks huge.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, I don't really get that criticism. Is it because they have tall buildings? Is it because they have stairs and chairs inside households? Both of those things existed within all Final Fantasy games. I'm pretty sure any world featuring cities with people boating into the main area via an aquaduct highway, not to mention Leviathan and Behemoth and magic spells and all that, is very much a world of fantasy. As for classes - do you know that for sure? Also, they were gone in FFVII too, but that game didn't do too badly.

It amazes me how quick people are to write off this game.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Lol XD.
    Yeah, the game is fantasy or did you forget LEVIATHAN battle and ocean castle.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Lol XD.
    Yeah, the game is fantasy or did you forget LEVIATHAN battle and ocean castle.
    You mean you don't have a huge sea serpent in a lake nearby? Huh, what are the odds.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

To be fair, I think if FFVII was re-made, it would look "realistic" too. This is in part due to the advances in graphics that we have today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, Midgar in Advent Children certainly looked realistic

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

I'm incredibly impressed. I understand if some people don't feel it's their type of game, and understand if 13 was such a big disappointment that they don't want to touch this next game. But I feel like people keep on forgetting that the man behind kingdom hearts (Tetsuya Nomura) is directing, came up with the story for this, and the characters for this just like with kingdom hearts. The man who did the character designs for FFVII, VIII, X "the good final fantasies" The man who was with squaresoft before the merge, he is really experienced, I trust him. This is not going to be just like any old final fantasy and it's certainly not going to be like any FF from the past 5 years. It's going to have action rpgs elements cause that's what kingdom hearts has always done. And if you like a lot of the kingdom hearts games and it's gameplay, your probably going to like this one.

Basically what I'm saying is I feel like people are quickly writing it off like it's just another game, it's just another final fantasy, no big deal. When in fact this is not just another final fantasy, this is a special one thats had a really long development cycle.... XD

I've watched both trailers about 20 times now, and kinda can't stop. It's like a dream come true, the main trailer revealed during the conference shows off a lot of the cutscenes and story and ridiculously fun looking gameplay, the trailer later released during the future of final fantasy is mostly the battle gameplay which is very KHDDD and KH2, which is awesome.

There's some beautiful things happening in the trailers as well especially during actual battles. Like when noctis casts some type of fire spell at the behemoth, he reacts to the flames by shielding his face. The behemoth, crushes environments, the environments are no longer a pretty wall paper but part of the action and gameplay. Little things like these may not seem like a big deal, but they contribute the the player experience without us even realizing, you start to form a connection with the world and it's characters.

The only thing I'am particularly curious about, the UI is very different. Kind of want to know what happend to the "magic, ex-arts, summon, and item" menus which are now replaced with "warp, attack, and linkform". I really like how the ui is very sleek and simple looking now though.

Some of my opinions may not be right, but it's how I feel about this game, I really believe in it. I truly believe this game is going to bring me back to those great experiences I had as a teen playing older installments of FF and KH.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well it certainly looks good.

Apparently it's an action RPG and I'm usually terrible at those . I think you still have the three party system and can switch between lead characters (a la FFXII). I might be mistaken, I've read so much about this game the past few days I might be getting things confused. But from the trailer it seems to be a three party thing. They're also seen using magic.

It's just so fast paced, I don't know that I could play it successfully. I dunno, I might just watch Joe Bryan play it or something. I'll definitely give it a try though. It could come off as different to play than it looks in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFFsephychibi View Post
    I'm incredibly impressed. I understand if some people don't feel it's their type of game, and understand if 13 was such a big disappointment that they don't want to touch this next game. But I feel like people keep on forgetting that the man behind kingdom hearts (Tetsuya Nomura) is directing, came up with the story for this, and the characters for this just like with kingdom hearts. The man who did the character designs for FFVII, VIII, X "the good final fantasies" The man who was with squaresoft before the merge, he is really experienced, I trust him. This is not going to be just like any old final fantasy and it's certainly not going to be like any FF from the past 5 years. It's going to have action rpgs elements cause that's what kingdom hearts has always done. And if you like a lot of the kingdom hearts games and it's gameplay, your probably going to like this one.

Basically what I'm saying is I feel like people are quickly writing it off like it's just another game, it's just another final fantasy, no big deal. When in fact this is not just another final fantasy, this is a special one thats had a really long development cycle.... XD

I've watched both trailers about 20 times now, and kinda can't stop. It's like a dream come true, the main trailer revealed during the conference shows off a lot of the cutscenes and story and ridiculously fun looking gameplay, the trailer later released during the future of final fantasy is mostly the battle gameplay which is very KHDDD and KH2, which is awesome.

There's some beautiful things happening in the trailers as well especially during actual battles. Like when noctis casts some type of fire spell at the behemoth, he reacts to the flames by shielding his face. The behemoth, crushes environments, the environments are no longer a pretty wall paper but part of the action and gameplay. Little things like these may not seem like a big deal, but they contribute the the player experience without us even realizing, you start to form a connection with the world and it's characters.

The only thing I'am particularly curious about, the UI is very different. Kind of want to know what happend to the "magic, ex-arts, summon, and item" menus which are now replaced with "warp, attack, and linkform". I really like how the ui is very sleek and simple looking now though.

Some of my opinions may not be right, but it's how I feel about this game, I really believe in it. I truly believe this game is going to bring me back to those great experiences I had as a teen playing older installments of FF and KH.
    QFT I couldn't agree more Chibi. Tetsuya Nomura for the freaking win! Just as long as it's not another Final Fantasy VIII...

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I haven't been excited for a Final Fantasy since X. I'm very excited to play this game.