Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gameplay Trailer For Final Fantasy XV - #E32013

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Only seeing this now. It looks impressive and the graphics are amazing. I'm also delighted the Nomura is in charge of this thing. But I have one issue that is bugging me:

I'm not exactly worried about the turn based combat going as I loved FFXII's battle system, I'm just pessimistic that it'll turn into something like Assassins Creed or InFamous gameplay which personally bores me to tears. What I loved about past FF's was being able to relax and level up, collect items, and not have a hundred things flying around and being alien to halve the stuff that's going on.

But I am confident apart from that. I think SE know they can't mess up again after XIII, and with Nomura in charge I believe we will be treated to a very decent story line. Fingers crossed.

Str8 Pimpin'

Every time I see the climbing/scaling, I think Shadow of the Colossus which is a game I love. From what I can glean of the "three-party" system, it seems very obviously Kingdom Heart-ish have a secondary and tertiary collaborator in combat that you never directly control but can give orders to. From what I can guess about the story, it will start with a long-winded and massive, possibly claustrophobia inducing, coup for the Callum family crystal which brings to my mind the opening act to Okami wherein defeating Orochi at first feels like the end of the game (when my girlfriend played it, this was her impression... learning the game continued on past the initial credits, she refused to play the game any further), but from there, the game goes on and gets even longer. I look forward to being able to hijack enemy vehicles to use in combat.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic View Post
    Difference between those games and 15 is that 15 has much better graphics. Simply put, it's going to be hard to avoid a Space Jam problem once they introduce more cartoon types of characters. Honestly, once you start seeing chocobos or moogles, you don't feel like they'll be out of place? or simply forced into the game? How about a cactus with a face running around?

I don't think so. For some reason they like to present flashy futuristic type stuff in trailers, which really isn't my cup of tea as a selling point either, but I'm sure they will have a lot more than this. I could be remembering things a bit off, but I recall as we were leaving the SNES generation Square would show these trailers of Final Fantasy that looked like they had fallen off their rockers. VII's commercial was about some big ass city, with guns, motorcycles, massive explosions and rocket ships. It confused the bloody hell out of me, and the VIII's trailer showed a bunch of armed battle ships heading to a big beach of open gun fire, and made me wonder if the new FF took place on D-Day in WWII.

I'd rather look at something a bit more mystical than a polluted up modern day looking city too, and I'm sure it's in the game, but for whatever reason they chose not to show it off yet. This is the only description about XV's world that I have seen, "The game is set in modern times, but the city-like country Lucis which protagonist Noctis hails from is the only technologically advanced location, otherwise surrounded by
    medieval nations."

I doubt we will see this game until 2015 though.