Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will this Phoenix Down the FF franchise?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Yes but only to a low 20 HP and then the Boss uses his next attack to send it back to the grave.
    That's kinda negative.
    It always happens to me, like with the Carry Armour in FF VII.
    You need some haste. Have you considered recruiting a time mage in your ranks?

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    No chance in heaven or hell. Given how long it's been in development and the amount of hype and expectations that have been built around this game, I sincerely doubt that there's any chance of it living up to the (ridiculously) high expectations.
    You just accurately described every mainseries Final Fantasy game after VII.
    I wouldn't say every game after VII. IX didn't have a lot of hype surrounding it, after all. I think "every mainseries game after X" would be more accurate. Because that's when development times became really long. Though I wonder, can we count the years this was being developed as Versus XIII as development years for XV? Because in that case, this title will be the one with the current record for longest development time.

I'm not on the hype bandwagon. This game has had a rough development cycle, and it was rough for a reason. There's a good chance something is still rotten on the inside.

I also think people are way too forgiving about the rebranding. SE has had us all spread the word about this game 6 years ago in vain, and now they're asking for the same favor without delivering in between. It takes a lot of dedication to still show support, and I think anyone who effectively does is being ridiculous. Prove yourself SE, then we'll talk. But until then you can stuff your shiny trailers and earn back our trust by actually making good games. Jim Sterling had a nice monologue about gamers' trust, I recommend you watch it: The Escapist : Video Galleries : Jimquisition : Previewed, Preordered, Prescrewed

I predict this game to be just shiny graphics and lacking in depth and significance. It will get high grades when it first comes out, and then dies off as a disappointment in every other department aside graphics.

Banned

It looks awesome, but I'm reserved about it too. I don't quite know if I like the battle style from what I've seen, and like Pete for President said, it's been too long without seeing or hearing anything for me to just jump on the hype train again.

You need some haste. Have you considered recruiting a time mage in your ranks?

I can't remember but I usually just let Cloud and Barret use their limit breaks and he's gone rather fast. Though somebody always usually ends up falling to his grab-attack.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> XV may lure in lots of ff7 fanboys and some new FF fans but I doubt it will be the FF savior.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> XV may lure in lots of ff7 fanboys and some new FF fans but I doubt it will be the FF savior.
    How so? I'm not a particular VII fanatic, nor do I think this one is exceptionally similar to VII, but I am still excited. It's just that it looks very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    Whelp. I'm a FFIX/ FF VI fangirl and I might buy this game on release day. It looks incredible.

It was very smart of them to re-brand this game, and for the next main Final Fantasy title it looks incredible. I guess only time will tell if it is the saving grace of the company's image, it definitely has the potential!

Personally I'm very excited, hopefully I can afford a PS4 next year.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    It was very smart of them to re-brand this game, and for the next main Final Fantasy title it looks incredible. I guess only time will tell if it is the saving grace of the company's image, it definitely has the potential!

You know it's still probably a couple of years until this gets released, right? No need to rush

My first question is "what's the script like?"

Their stories have been getting pretty tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post

You know it's still probably a couple of years until this gets released, right? No need to rush
    I remember reading that they wanted to start pumping out Final Fantasy every year like they used to. I think they pretty much have to release this next year or they really lose their chance to sell this.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nope! Lightning Returns will be next year, and they probably still consider that a 'Final Fantasy' game. So don't expect this one until 2015.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I think the potential is there. It's not going to live up to fan expectations (because, y'know, people are expecting way too much). But after playing Type-0, I am starting to see some potential in this. Between Type-0 and games like Birth By Sleep, Square has definitely gotten the hang of Action RPG battle systems. The maps we've seen in the previews look open enough to allow for some serious exploration/immersion.

If the world building is anywhere near Square's best, this is probably going to be one heck of a game.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    I think the potential is there. It's not going to live up to fan expectations (because, y'know, people are expecting way too much). But after playing Type-0, I am starting to see some potential in this. Between Type-0 and games like Birth By Sleep, Square has definitely gotten the hang of Action RPG battle systems.
    Part of my anger towards Square Enix is that they don't release the good games. From the sounds of it, I'd play the smurf out of Type-0 if it came out over here, but alas.