Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Hey guys, how did they come up with the concept for Kirby? I mean he's obviously awesome and all but how did they come up with the idea for a big pink round thing that sucks stuff up and absorbs their powers?

And then called it Kirby.
    Not sure if it has ever been discussed.

Although The Kirby company has been making vacuum cleaners for nearly a hundred years.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

As most have said, Kirby Super Star is the best Kirby. I'm not really a fan of his gimmicky titles like Epic Yarn or Canvas Curse. I'd love to see a large-scale game like Super Star for the Wii U.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Hey guys, how did they come up with the concept for Kirby? I mean he's obviously awesome and all but how did they come up with the idea for a big pink round thing that sucks stuff up and absorbs their powers?

Not sure if it has ever been discussed.

Although The Kirby company has been making vacuum cleaners for nearly a hundred years.
    Very true. Also I tend to refer the lovable bright pink Kirby as a "pink puffball", "marshmallow" or even a "vacuum-cleaner." Personally I loved Wii's Epic Yarn and N64's The Crystal Shard, they are my favorites. I did play a lot of Kirby in my younger days. While Superstar was great I still liked both Epic Yarn and The Crystal Shard. N64's Crystal Shard is the Kirby game used for future Kirby games modern references like Yarn. So I really think if you like SSB64 and Kirby you should try The Crystal Shard.

Kirby (character) on Wikipedia.

Kirby (character) on Wikia.

Kirby's video game series information on Wikipedia.

Finally here is the best part. Kirby or 'Popopo' in Dream Land's Wikipedia. Please read the Development part as this should answer some of your questions about Kirby. :]

Kirby sucks

get it

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    Kirby sucks

get it
    Lmao... XD

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

iirc Sakurai just had his sprite in as a placeholder when they were developing Dream Land for Game Boy and he was too gosh darned cute to replace.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I've never actually played a Kirby game besides Smash Bros. on the N64.

But he is adorable.

Smash Bros is not a Kirby game.

The only Kirby game I've ever played was Super Star. It still ticks me off a bit that Gourmet Race isn't 2 player. The game's soundtrack is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I've never actually played a Kirby game besides Smash Bros. on the N64.

But he is adorable.

Smash Bros is not a Kirby game.

The only Kirby game I've ever played was Super Star. It still ticks me off a bit that Gourmet Race isn't 2 player. The game's soundtrack is great.
    Smash Bros is essentially Kirby Super Star with non-Kirby characters. The gameplay is nearly identical. Move to walk, double-tap move to dash. Your attacks and abilities change depending on speed and direction, but are primarily controlled with a single button. Kirby Super Star even features Master Hand (or a boss very similar, who even uses several of the same attacks, Wham Bam Rock).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.