Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Beta Phase Three starts today

Quote Originally Posted by HasteInTime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    Have I mentioned how much I love this game even more now? It's so beautiful. The intro cinematic was amazing (especially the crystal bit once you've played a bit), the feel and atmosphere of the game is incredible, the music and sound effects are beautiful. Love love love!
    Well can it look any better? Yeah. However, Is it better than FFXI graphically? Heck yes.... lol! Thank goodness for that. :]
    Considering FFXI is over 10 years old, of course it looks better. In fact, this game is up to par with the majority of MMO's out there, and it'll be at the top or next to it once it gets DirectX 11 support and the PS4 release (they also said at this point they will release much higher resolution textures; and you'll get much better shaders like better animation blending, as well as material shaders like better water and lighting effects).

However, as someone who has played a lot of MMO's I am finding that so far FFXIV has a lot more depth (especially initially) and a lot more attention to detail in its world.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

This is by far the best MMO I've ever played. Loving the crisp UI and the way everything just works together. Still some bugs, but overall, really pleased.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Very buggy, but fun.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Not even close to as buggy as 1.x Beta, though xD
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

To everyone complain about it being buggy: that's why it's still in beta.

Wish I had my computer so I can play. I may be moving so that it's out of storage by phase four.

Yay!... finally got that friggin' code... a lil too late to play anymore though, but at least i got it now ^^ !

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

YAY!

I cannot wait for the next test! Also, cannot wait until they are more than 48 hours since I tend to work BOTH days when the test happens though I get that to end it at 6pm Sunday in Japan, you got to end it at 5am Sunday in EST. :/

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    YAY!

I cannot wait for the next test! Also, cannot wait until they are more than 48 hours since I tend to work BOTH days when the test happens though I get that to end it at 6pm Sunday in Japan, you got to end it at 5am Sunday in EST. :/
    Oh snap

Actually compared to other beta's I've played (just talking about PC, not sure about PS3), it's not that buggy at all... At least, I didn't notice a single thing.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

My character spent about 5 minutes flying around ten feet above the ground like I'd jumped off a cliff with both of her arms locked into the same position they'd be in if I was firing an arrow. That was my favorite glitch, but there was also one where I randomly leveled up twice without doing anything, and my arrows kept flying off without doing any damage. The second time I logged in everything seemed hunky dory, except for a a few audio glitches with the impact sounds and some errors when entering new areas, like the textures not loading right.

But, I spent a lot of time playing, so I probably found a lot more bugs than most people.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I dunno, I've been playing since Alpha and seem to have been immune to the glitches almost the entire way through, with the exception of when there are some massive FATE events going on. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe it's only happening for desktops of certain spec... I've definitely clocked up at least 24 hours of testing, though.

I do remember someone in our LS firing arrows without their bow being on display, though. Oh, and once or twice in Alpha we had to use /stuck to get out of awkward places.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The most problem I had was the Lag. I dunno if it was the game or my connection. but ugh I was lagging D:

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Lag wasn't bad for me unless we had those massive FATE things going on. Oh, but it is a pain when you start right when everyone else is and so many people are all in the same place. That gave serious lag in Beta Phase One.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Maybe that was it. Then again my comp is not the best although every other mmo i've played, most recently Guild Wars 2, I've never had a lag issue. So I'm assuming it was probably the servers/masssive amount of people.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Next test of Beta starts this Friday at 2am PDT/5am EDT/9 am GMT!