Thread: Beta Phase Three starts today

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I've heard nothing but good things about this game so far. I really, really want in to this beta.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Rostum, you're a glorious human being! Those screen shots are stunning. That night time landscape is wonderful!

You and me both Pike..
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

why must you people be asleep all the time? ;-;

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    I tried out a Roegadyn, they are awesome!
    Goddamn right we are. Roegadyn Pugilist erry day, punchin' out 20-foot-tall rock golems like they're suckers who ain't paid their bar tab.

The only thing I'm missing from 1.0 are the character movement animations. The battle and spell casting animations (and effects) are amazing, but the simple running/leaning/stopping/turning animations have been scrapped making it a little cheap-feeling. I hope they can come to some sort of compromise, because 1.0 animations were pretty amazing.

Also if I am back from traveling for phase 4, I'll post a lot more screenshots. However, I think everyone gets invited to that!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    The only thing I'm missing from 1.0 are the character movement animations. The battle and spell casting animations (and effects) are amazing, but the simple running/leaning/stopping/turning animations have been scrapped making it a little cheap-feeling. I hope they can come to some sort of compromise, because 1.0 animations were pretty amazing.

Also if I am back from traveling for phase 4, I'll post a lot more screenshots. However, I think everyone gets invited to that!
    I'm pretty sure they're yet to fine tune moving animations... i'm almost 100% sure

And yeah i've 300 screenies over here so, i might aswell upload a few !

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

They have mentioned they didn't go ahead with turning and slow stop/start animations because people are eager for instant movement when it comes to things like Ifrit battles. Something like that. They might still add something later but yeah.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I got in but I dont want to play to much as we'll get wiped in once the phase is over.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    They have mentioned they didn't go ahead with turning and slow stop/start animations because people are eager for instant movement when it comes to things like Ifrit battles. Something like that. They might still add something later but yeah.
    Yeah they've specifically said things like jumping animations are immediate and don't have a build-up because players would get mad at a perception of unresponsiveness, which is probably quite true.