Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: As If Microsoft Didn't Do Enough Bad Stuff During E3...

Default As If Microsoft Didn't Do Enough Bad Stuff During E3...

They have this to add to their list:

Wow, this is some pretty crazy stuff. Microsoft is certainly in damage control mode with Xbox One right now. They're trying to sway people back in their direction. Apparently, one of the ways they're trying to do so is by hitting up Nintendo's Best Buy E3 Experience Event.

Believe it or not, multiple reports are coming in stating that Microsoft employees are hitting up the line and asking people why they would bother with Wii U when Xbox One is right around the corner. As you can see in the image above, there is indeed someone wearing a Microsoft shirt approaching people in line. This is just a bit too much for me!
    Yeah, that's not disrespectful at all. Asking why they prefer Wii U over XBox One, that's absolutely fine and still respectful. But why bother with the Wii U? Just because they don't think the Wii U is all that great, that doesn't mean they should ask the question in that way. Even Sony's president is very respectful towards Nintendo, proudly showing off his Year of Luigi badge he got at E3 and getting a Wii U around its launch period and posting on Miiverse quite a bit on it (he even made light jabs towards the PS3 about its $599 launch price on Miiverse).

Sending poor Microsoft employees to question Nintendo fans after the outrage Microsoft's E3 caused. Well, it's safer than sending Microsoft employees to Sony fans, especially since Sony just mostly bashed on XBox One for their conference. There's no reports about any Microsoft employees getting attacked or hospitalized yet (yeah, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I could see people taking out the XBox One outrage on the poor Microsoft employees told to do this).

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Too bad none of this terrible publicity will make a bit of difference in the sales of the Xbox One.

And then after the Xbox One sells just as well as the 360 did, if not better, all these terrible business moves will become industry standards.

RIP video games.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

To be fair I've been saying "RIP video games" for the past ten years and video games have yet to RIP

Ya know just cause a guy wears a shirt and says they are from somewhere doesn't make it so. After all my dad used to actually work for Little Ceasers and ran a seprate chain out in Pennsylvania from 1986-1996. So I happen to be lucky enough to have an actual older Little Caesar's Corperate Polo-Shirt and business cards. Point is one time I was wearing my 'sed' special corp. polo-shirt and I had ordered a pizza at a Little Caesar's, the entire establishment thought that I was an corp. employee come to inspect and gave me a full order for free. Best day ever but very stupid of them. So I walked out with free pizza and bread. XD

I do wonder if this guy is a fake cause:

1.) All Microsoft employees are not supposed to say this phrase at any given time: "I work for Microsoft"

2.) Microsoft Staff and Employees on the Xbox Team itself are too busy with work to care to do this. It's a poor waste of time, management and resources.

3.) IF your an actual employee of Microsoft and are dumb enough to have opened your mouth public breaking the policies like by saying "I work for Microsoft" ... "blah, blah, blah" - your fired. So you can say goodbye to that day job. Most likely, lol. Just look at so called 'poor' Adam Orth! lmao XD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Too bad none of this terrible publicity will make a bit of difference in the sales of the Xbox One.

And then after the Xbox One sells just as well as the 360 did, if not better, all these terrible business moves will become industry standards.

RIP video games.
    DMKA, you're a wise man.

I keep telling all my Xbox fanboy friends this, and they just don't care. I'm sad to also say that some of these said friends actually run a video game store and always suggest the 360 over everything else. And I mean EVERYTHING.

This bad publicity really doesn't matter. People are trying to find excuses to bash on Sony now as well, like saying that since Sony leaves the whole DRM thing up to publishers, that they're no better than Microsoft. This doesn't make sense though, just because MS still has those stupid used game restrictions anyway. Not to mention the system plays big brother every single time you turn it on.

Of course, this opens up a new can of worms with the MS defenders, crying about how PC does the same thing. But you can bet your ass that most console gamers aren't PC gamers. There also haven't historically been restrictions on games, unless you modded your system this past generation (by past generation I am talking about 360/PS3/Wii) and were unable to play because of system updates. Even so, you could get around that.

But the stupid stuff that MS is doing is beyond nuts, and people still wanna defend them and support them anyway, just like with Apple.

People are crazy.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    There's no reports about any Microsoft employees getting attacked or hospitalized yet (yeah, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I could see people taking out the XBox One outrage on the poor Microsoft employees told to do this).
    Anybody who assaults an employee of a company because they prefer the product of another company is probably less a symptom of Microsoft's poor business decisions and more a symptom of mental illness.

Still, I have trouble believing this news story. Regardless of how awful the Xbox One will be, I imagine everybody who is at E3 is still queuing to give it a go anyway, irrespective of their big corporation loyalties. I also think their staff are probably extremely busy with marketing their own product and engaging in damage control rather than trying to sway the odd person or two from a competitor's queue.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's actually a Sony employee dressed up as a Microsoft employee persuading people not to buy the Wii U and simultaneously making Microsoft look like assholes!

Well played Sony, well played!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    To be fair I've been saying "RIP video games" for the past ten years and video games have yet to RIP
    That's because you joined the mustard race.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Meh.

XBone fanboys are going to be buying the console no matter what they do. They could have all the MS staff dress up in pink fairy costumes and XBone fanboys would still grab it like hotcakes on release day.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Meh.

XBone fanboys are going to be buying the console no matter what they do. They could have all the MS staff dress up in pink fairy costumes and XBone fanboys would still grab it like hotcakes on release day.
    I would take offense to that but I won't. As we are Xbox-Fans, Fans of Xbox, Fans of Microsoft, or Microsoft-Fans. Both genders play on Xbox. Personally I'd go with none of the above, I am an avid gamer that plays many things on many platforms. I am a fan of Gaming. Which is why I Develop them as a Job. I love to play Video Games and make them.

No matter how you or anyone else might try to word something about Microsoft in a negative context, sure its funny. Although it wont convince myself that the console is all bad. I like to go by both example and experience as the teacher. Just about anything is worth a fair try once after all. If it sucks and I dont like the direction I'll tell all (100) of my friends where they can choose where to jump ship, in this case it would be The Wii U, 3DS, and/or PC. :]

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This reminds me of the time where this dude I knew in college showed up at the Super Smash Bros. Brawl midnight launch at my local GameStop. I hadn't seen him for several years up to that point. I remembered that he was a huge Xbox faboy back when the original was the only one out. I saw him come in with a friend and I said hi to him.

Instead of saying ANYTHING in response, he immediately looks like he took a whiff of dog diarrhea and shakes his head. I knew that he was obviously showing his disapproval of midnight video game launch event, so I asked why he even bothered to show up. He said because his friend was picking up the game.

Anyway, the whole time he kept randomly loudly saying pro Xbox 360 things. Hell, I think he even tried to pick a fight with a kid. I didn't see this happen, but before I knew it I noticed he wasn't in the store for a long time. Apparently an employee asked him to leave. Funny thing about that is that he was fired from a different local GameStop years prior as seasonal help for not shutting up about the original Xbox and being way to pushy to customers who were there to buy anything that wasn't for Xbox.

My point to telling this story is to show that even if a "normal" person does actions like this, it rarely goes over well. In relation to Best Buy, I actually stopped going there altogether because they'll either have a Comcast or Direct TV employee bum rush you before you can even take 10 steps in the store and try to hassle you into signing some contract with them.

TL;DR: Microsoft was stupid to do this because the worst way to sell somebody something is to have another person harass you at an unrelated event or setting.

Wow, this brings user unfriendliness to a whole new different level, considering all the user unfriendly policies they've already put in place.

And then there's the countries Microsoft will and won't be supporting XBox Live in:

Green is supported and grey is not supported. They got quite a lot of the major countries to my knowledge. It sucks that Asia is getting shafted, but then again, XBox sells really poorly in Asia.

There's a sad irony to this.

And I'm not just saying all this to bash on Microsoft for the fun of it. A lot of their policies are just so detrimental towards the gamers supporting Microsoft, and it's just really horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Still, I have trouble believing this news story. Regardless of how awful the Xbox One will be, I imagine everybody who is at E3 is still queuing to give it a go anyway, irrespective of their big corporation loyalties. I also think their staff are probably extremely busy with marketing their own product and engaging in damage control rather than trying to sway the odd person or two from a competitor's queue.
    Microsoft has had previous cases of attempting to convert Nintendo fans, so it's not too unbelievable. Back before the Wii U was being released, a Microsoft exec. said they'd be heavily advertising the 360 to Wii owners since the Wii didn't have many new releases. Not a smart move, when the Wii U was coming out very recently during the time.

It's not actually "The E3" at Los Angeles that the Microsoft employees are doing this at. Nintendo set game demo booths for their upcoming games at Best Buys across the US and Canada, and Microsoft employees are going to those trying to convince Nintendo fans to get an XBox One. Nintendo is the only one to have their E3 demos available in this way, so it's not like those people at the demo booths at Best Buy can try out the XBox One. So basically, they're getting Microsoft employees to go out of their way to try to "convert" the Nintendo fans into XBox fans in a rude and pushy way.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy
    It's actually a Sony employee dressed up as a Microsoft employee persuading people not to buy the Wii U and simultaneously making Microsoft look like assholes!

Well played Sony, well played!
    Yeaaaahhh... That likely won't work. If they had that much interest in the Wii U to put in that much effort into going to try out the Best Buy demo stations and waiting 30 minutes to 1 hour to try out one demo without leaving the line (Trust me, I went to the booth myself and it was literally that long, with only one or two people leaving the line from the long wait), I don't think mere words and convincing will get them to switch to XBox. Fans of any kind aren't that easy to convert.

Blog Entries

Evastio, I bow to you.

I don't get why MS needs to be defended so vehemently? They probably make the most money out of the three companies right now. Why on earth? I just don't get it.

This (the first post of the thread) isn't too unreasonable to believe either. Microsoft has been doing this for years, despite claims of MS employees being fired for doing it. They also paid a whole horde of MS employees to cheer for the Xbox One when it was first revealed. It's laughable. It's like they're trying to push their Orwellian policies onto everyone in the hopes that people will take it up the butt from them.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

yeah no microsoft is a great game company!

"just relax it'll all be over soon"

frig

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by HasteInTime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Meh.

I would take offense to that but I won't. As we are Xbox-Fans, Fans of Xbox, Fans of Microsoft, or Microsoft-Fans. Both genders play on Xbox. Personally I'd go with none of the above, I am an avid gamer that plays many things on many platforms. I am a fan of Gaming. Which is why I Develop them as a Job. I love to play Video Games and make them.

No matter how you or anyone else might try to word something about Microsoft in a negative context, sure its funny. Although it wont convince myself that the console is all bad. I like to go by both example and experience as the teacher. Just about anything is worth a fair try once after all. If it sucks and I dont like the direction I'll tell all (100) of my friends where they can choose where to jump ship, in this case it would be The Wii U, 3DS, and/or PC. :]
    I don't need to stab myself in the hand to know it's going to hurt, and I'm especially unlikely to try it if I have to pay £500 for the privilege, plus £60 a year to be able to use my own damn hands.