40. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS3

8 20.00%
  • PS4

2 5.00%
  • PC

30 75.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What platform are you getting this on?

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

I'm getting it on PC to begin with. I saw, while on the beta, that there was a option to switch to the control so I probably give that a go this weekend and if I like it I'll get it on PS3 as well.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I sort of doubt I'll be getting this but if I do someday then PC for sure. Even if I had a PS3 or PS4. Playing an MMO on a console is such a weird, weird concept to me :O_O:

Voted PS3 as I have a CE version preordered but I also will be playing on PC.

I wasn't even aware they were looking at a PS4 release later on down the road. That's pretty good to know for those that don't currently have a PS3 and were thinking of getting a 4.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Indeed. I'm holding out for a PS4 because I think it would have more features on the console for it & have better graphics I assume. I'll decide later though.

Well, depending on how I feel about the ps3 beta (if I get it) will determine what platform I get it on. I have a PC built for gaming, and a PS3 so... it's a toss up for me! I just feel more likely to play it on my PS3 <_<;

Default PS3

My wife and I will get it on the PS3 and the PC (since we have one of each) and switch out. I've seen all of the videos, and it looks like it will be the best that anyone could do for a console playing MMO. I never went that route with XI, but they have changed so much since then. Also, most probably already know this, but it is confirmed that if you get the PS3 version and want to get a PS4, then you are able to transition your account.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Coming to PS4, E3 Trailer ? PlayStation.Blog

Where's the Mac option? Hahaha I know it's not going to be released on Mac, but yes! I did make the beta run on my early 2011 Macbook Pro so I've pre-ordered the PC version. Of course, it's looking more like WoW/FFXI than FFXIV because I had to switch the settings to minimum in nearly everything.

But later this year I'm probably going to grab another PS3 (sold my old one when I moved to a new city) and a gaming desktop so... The pain won't last long.

Articles

FFXIV Character

I just wanted to ask: When this comes to PS3, or PS4, will you have to pay for it? I'm aware that with FFXI have to pay for it on PC. If so, when mandatory pricing for PS4 online play (Playstation plus), will that cover it or will it be extra again?

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I highly prefer the PC but I'm trying the Beta on PS3.
    I've hooked a USB keyboard into my PS3 and it works so I imagine a mouse would too.

I played this on PS3 for most of the beta so far. But once I found out I could use the PS3 casting controls on the PC, I switched over. Better graphics, better framerate, easier to read things, better to have a mouse and keyboard on a desk when needed.

I was thinking I'd get it on PS4, but it's really not worth playing it on PS3 for so long just to switch over to PS4 at some point. Plus, I'm thinking about canceling my PS4 preorder. Not too heavy into video games anymore.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    I just wanted to ask: When this comes to PS3, or PS4, will you have to pay for it? I'm aware that with FFXI have to pay for it on PC. If so, when mandatory pricing for PS4 online play (Playstation plus), will that cover it or will it be extra again?
    You'll have to pay for your copy of the game and pay for a subscription. For PS4, there is a hope that SE may have cut a deal with Sony to allow people to play it without PS+ subscriptions... but we won't know until it's confirmed one way or the other.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Ah okay. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    For PS4, there is a hope that SE may have cut a deal with Sony to allow people to play it without PS+ subscriptions...
    That would be nice. Otherwise we're paying for an Internet connection, for the service to play games online, for the game itself, and for the right to play it. That's two more things than I'm used to paying for.

PC without a doubt for both my wife and myself.

I'd be tempted to purchase a PS3 copy at some point in the future so that if we wanted to access certain things from the bedroom TV, we could. There would've been times in FFXI it would've been nice to set up auctions or bazaars right before bed.