40. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS3

8 20.00%
  • PS4

2 5.00%
  • PC

30 75.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What platform are you getting this on?

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    If I EVER get this game, literally the only version I could get this on is the PS3. The PS4 hasn't been released yet (and damn if I'm going purchase the console at launch with my funds, along with the game and subscription) and I don't have a PC that could even begin to play it on even the bare minimum of settings.
    If I recall correctly, usually when you get a retail version of a MMORPG it would also include the first month's subscription and they are coming out with cards (in some regions, no details yet) where you can buy subscription time. IF THAT HELPS CONVINCE YOU! Join us Formy. ONE OF US!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Please. The earliest time I could possibly play this is Christmas, where by that time when I'm at Uni I would have gotten a part-time job by that point.

I do want to 'eventually' play it, if only because everyone else on EoFF is playing it and I don't want to just blank out in #eoff whenever XIV pops up. I want to dip my finger in this pie.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Lots of words but all I got out of this post was excuses.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Lots of words but all I got out of this post was excuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut
    Blah blah blah blah blah no money blah blah blah blah when I get a part-time job blah blah blah blah at uni blah blah blah blah blah blah focus on studies blah.

I'm not getting it at all. Never touched MMOs, especially of the FF variety.

EDIT: Looks like Formalhaut beat me to it.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Please. The earliest time I could possibly play this is Christmas, where by that time when I'm at Uni I would have gotten a part-time job by that point.

I do want to 'eventually' play it, if only because everyone else on EoFF is playing it and I don't want to just blank out in #eoff whenever XIV pops up. I want to dip my finger in this pie.
    It is not impossible considering that I will also be in university at that time, working part-time (~25 hours/week), while maintaining a social life (what little it is) and a boyfriend. Most likely I will just play on my downtime, when the boyfriend is at work and I have no pressing work to do (so most mornings). I am also lucky in that this semester most of my courses are once a week in large 3 hour blocks, not several times a week in smaller blocks. And all in the evening. So yeah, I am hoping to get about 5 hours a week out of this minimum but we will see how my interest holds! Also, I have about a week and a half to play before classes start anyways.