Thread: A Sony Disposition...

Default A Sony Disposition...

A Sony Disposition...

Today I have a rant on Sony based upon "lack there of..." in my experience. More or less. I don't mean to devalue Sony, this is from my experiences based on PSN and elsewhere. Comment as you will. If this seems to be misplaced then please move the thread. :]

The Community Builder: Bringing the Fun and Cheer...

(All I really ask is to play something now and then... w/some friends)

First, let me note that I do understand that there are many diverse types of people on this fascinating great blue marble known to us all as; Earth. Now I went in PSN keeping this in mind about 2 years and 6 months ago. While in my defense against Sony's online community or employees I have never really expected much from them, just a decent sense of community and actually caring about that to some degree, if at all. There really seems to be nothing that when it comes to Sony themselves that really draws me in and keeps me there when we talk about Sony's PSN services, it's community, or even Sony itself. Lets just say I come from a very negative and colorful experienced point of view historically when it came to Sony and I mean no offense just that I haven't had the best experiences with Sony overall. I don't want to back down now, I want to at least try to find those like myself that like or love the games I do and play them with them. Like any gamer would. I just wish to build my Friends list and build the community of Friends I want. It's just that- now, it seems all but nigh impossible now.

Regional Barriers:

Its too very true that I have met very few that speak fluent English willingly on PSN or those that chose to did not speak too fluently. I can understand that we are on a big world and I can say that for all the SOCOM4 and MAG I play I tend to find alot more Southern Latin Americans residents than anyone else in the world. As over the last two years I met far too few UK players (rare) and even less US players (super rare) compared to Xbox's Live services. It also doesn't seem to me no matter what I do I can't find others like myself, that communicate with a decent mic, and have PSN+. So it doesn't seem likely that I will find even others that own a 360 and PS3 that play both platforms avidly. Even to lesser extent those that willingly dropped the money needed for a good mic over a Bluetooth headset on PS3 and spent the time needed to calibrate it as I have. I know I'm expecting alot here from Sony and the Devs when I wish to play with those in my preferred language and country when I wish but is that really too hard to ask for? I would certainly hope not.

The is E for Effort or EoFF?:
    I'm among so many EoFF there are some really deep passionate Sony Fans here and that is fine. I expected that to come with the turf, it's based on Final-Fantasy mostly during the years of 7's release. Which would put it in primarily Sony's PlayStation fan-turf.

The great thing is from what I have found is that a lot of Final-Fantasy Fans here in the state of Michigan dont really care what platform its on as long as they can play it and just enjoy the game, making them very fun, tolerable, and passionate community of gamers in my eyes. It's been forever since I have talked anyone since I completed my high school. So, now that I had finally gotten a PS3 (awhile ago like about 3 years)- I wanted to build a list of Friends like I did with the 360 and I figured this was the best place to come and give it a try as I find many FF fans to be really tolerant gamers usually and fun to both talk and play with whatever we do.

I dont know what your experiences on PSN+/PS3 have been but mine have been less than positive to say the least in general. What has been your experience? Did you ever wish you could change something about PlayStation itself?

Also, "EoFF ... you are my only hope."
    (It's all so true but there is a cheesy hidden meme for Star Wars fans here...)

(Note: PS4 now seems to fill some of those voids going forward, looks to be an interesting future... possibly inviting good promise or faith. However I do feel that PS3 should have had some of those things already.)

Wishful Pondering:
    Personally I'm not really able to enjoy 50% of Sony's Experience because the Community experience is just as important as the Solo. Right now I dont have that on PS3 but I want to create and have that similar experience on PSN+ as I did with that of Xbox's Live service. This is a personal issue for me yes, but I can see how I am not the only one affected in this way. If I could I would love to game w/EoFF gamers and yes I might randomly try adding you from a certain thread but then I might not remember who is who until later. ;]
    Last edited by HasteInTime; 06-17-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

There is one main reason I have gone for PlayStation consoles before any others: games.

I don't game online. I guess at heart I'm an old geezer who doesn't like change, but I think I can safely say I will probably never game online. So I can't speak much about that. But PlayStation has always had the widest selection of games that interest me. Next is Nintendo, and really it's the N64 and the DS that I actually went out of my way to get. The others have some games that interest me, but it wouldn't be worth the cost. I might get a Wii or a 3DS when they go down in price by a good bit. I think the Wii is getting there? Not sure about that though. The was only one game I actually want for the Xbox 360 (I played it at my mom's house and it was excellent) but it isn't enough for me to buy an entire console. From what I can tell so far, I'm sticking to the PlayStation. I would like to pick up a PS4 next year when I can hopefully afford one.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I would say it's not a case of this place being Sony-lovers at all but a case of the PS4 being the better option for gamers, end of story, at the moment. MS are shooting themselves in both feet. These forums have something like a 1:1 ratio of 360 owners and PS3 owners. We haven't "favoured a side" for the entire PS3/360/Wii generation. It just happens that this time around MS is doing what it can to lose it's audience by announcing many unwanted things.

My experiences with the PS3 have been fine. I was there for the big hacking and whatnot and I wound up getting free games out of it. I don't think anyone has used my credit card details because I keep a close eye on my finances. Do they have my details? Maybe, somewhere. I dunno. If someone uses my details then it's fraud and my bank gives me the money back and investigates. All I got out of the debacle was a few free games and a few days I couldn't game during.

Outside of that hiccup, I haven't had any bad experiences with PS3/PSN. *shrug*
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Games they are the primary reason I play on any Console, I can see that there are some pretty great solo experiences like The Last of Us for example which I lovingly stare at my mailbox for. I just feel disconnected from the PlayStation Community. While on the 360 I can talk about almost anything PC/Linux/Mac, Call of Duty, or whatever floats my or your boat (even stuff on Science! Science! ) and I dont get turned down to play something cause of it. I dont get the silent treatment. I tend to get responses that inspire more conversation and usually invites to play a game of Halo, Battlefield or whatever we are doing. :]

Edit:

Hey Bob
    Yeah I know. Just saying its a calculated guess I made based on history and I know FF fans are very cool here. I would say EoFF is very diverse.

Blog Entries

@ PSN experience: I actually like it better than I liked Xbox Live during the period I had it. Though I never cared at all for voice-chatting while playing anyway. I just prefer written messenges, really.

I also have more titles for my PS3 than my 360. Generally, I play much more single player games than multiplayer games too. And for those, instant-chat with people isn't anywhere near as important.

Disgaea 4 was the first game that I quickly started make PSN friends in. Being obsessed with challenges and loving the map-making that D4 introduced to the series, me and another guy ended up having a battle of "making the most difficult map", where the winner would be the first person to make a map that only they themselves could clear. We talked a lot through messenges during that period. Occasionally, others would try our maps too and sometimes give our maps terrible ratings for being far too difficult and masocistic, which was hilarious. I met a couple other cool people through Disgaea 4 too, many of which have tried out less popular RPG titles that I enjoy myself.

Then there's Dark Souls, which I've met another bunch of people in and had lots of fun online experiences in. Other than that, I mostly just casually write messenges about 1 player games that others are playing as well and stuff like that, really. So yeah.

Articles

Like any gamer would. I just wish to build my Friends list and build the community of Friends I want. It's just that- now, it seems all but nigh impossible now.
    And why is that? Is it because sony now charges for online play? Xbox has been doing that for years and no one seemed to mind.

Regional Barriers:
    As over the last two years I met far too few UK players (rare) and even less US players (super rare) compared to Xbox's Live services... I wish to play with those in my preferred language and country
    You are complaining about barriers, but what you are implying is that there is a lack of barriers. From my understanding of the service, you are connected to the players playing at the same time as yourself with the best connection. While this may be from area that are not in english, I'm afraid that shows the popularity of the games you want to play online. I had played a game called Vampire Rain in which most of the achievements are earned via the multiplier, but there were 0 players online to play it one year after launch. Compare this to a game like call of duty with thousands of players online constantly. You are more likely to find someone in your region.

I'm among so many EoFF there are some really deep passionate Sony Fans here and that is fine. I expected that to come with the turf, it's based on Final-Fantasy mostly during the years of 7's release. Which would put it in primarily Sony's PlayStation fan-turf.
    The final fantasy seems to be shared among 3 main areas. Mobile, Sony and Nintendo. The original final fantasies were on Nintendo platforms until FF7. This changed when the 5th console generation rolled round. Final fantasy evolved with the new generation and transferred onto disc based storage. Nintendo Stuck with cartridges. This improved storage space allowed for the cinematic that square is best known for today. This could not have happened on Nintendo consoles, and Xbox had not emerged at this point, and Sega were already circlin the drain. Sony stuck with the series until FF13 which became multplatform on Xbox and PS3, while Nintendo has most or all of the spin off series. Mobile games are adopting the smaller of these spin off series now.

Wishful Pondering:
    Personally I'm not really able to enjoy 50% of Sony's Experience because the Community experience is just as important as the Solo. Right now I dont have that on PS3 but I want to create and have that similar experience on PSN+ as I did with that of Xbox's Live service.
    This comes down to games, rather than a community. The service itself is irrelevant when it comes down the experiences that you are getting from them. If you were to play COD on any platform I would wager that the service will me mighty similar with the exception that PS3 has free multiplayer play. The service may be better via Xbox live, but in the end it comes down to players. More people chose Xbox 360 this generation as it was the first of the consoles to come out and it was cheaper than the PS3. This allowed Xbox to get an early lead on Sony last generation. Sony have learned from their past mistakes are are setting themselves up to take this generation in the same fashion the Xbox 360 did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    @ PSN experience: I actually like it better than I liked Xbox Live during the period I had it. Though I never cared at all for voice-chatting while playing anyway. I just prefer written messenges, really.

I also have more titles for my PS3 than my 360. Generally, I play much more single player games than multiplayer games too. And for those, instant-chat with people isn't anywhere near as important.

Disgaea 4 was the first game that I quickly started make PSN friends in. Being obsessed with challenges and loving the map-making that D4 introduced to the series, me and another guy ended up having a battle of "making the most difficult map", where the winner would be the first person to make a map that only they themselves could clear. We talked a lot through messenges during that period. Occasionally, others would try our maps too and sometimes give our maps terrible ratings for being far too difficult and masocistic, which was hilarious. I met a couple other cool people through Disgaea 4 too, many of which have tried out less popular RPG titles that I enjoy myself.

Then there's Dark Souls, which I've met another bunch of people in and had lots of fun online experiences in. Other than that, I mostly just casually write messenges about 1 player games that others are playing as well and stuff like that, really. So yeah.
    Well then It's nice to make your acquaintance Ultima Shadow. :]

I can't say that has happened to me before on PSN and I welcome the cool challenges like those. For example I have Mod Nation Racers, Which I love to make maps on and I think 3D Dot Heroes has something like a character editor at least. I figure there are different communities based around those games, kinda like EoFF is I guess. ^^'

To me it's just easier to speak, over typing constant messages even though I have done that in the past and don't mind it as long as it doesn't get in the way of playing. I just like to relax, so anything that frees up my hands for something else is great for me. In this way, I can keep the focus purely on game time. ;]

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shauna View Post
    Like any gamer would. I just wish to build my Friends list and build the community of Friends I want. It's just that- now, it seems all but nigh impossible now.
    And why is that? Is it because sony now charges for online play? Xbox has been doing that for years and no one seemed to mind.

Regional Barriers:
    As over the last two years I met far too few UK players (rare) and even less US players (super rare) compared to Xbox's Live services... I wish to play with those in my preferred language and country
    You are complaining about barriers, but what you are implying is that there is a lack of barriers. From my understanding of the service, you are connected to the players playing at the same time as yourself with the best connection. While this may be from area that are not in english, I'm afraid that shows the popularity of the games you want to play online. I had played a game called Vampire Rain in which most of the achievements are earned via the multiplier, but there were 0 players online to play it one year after launch. Compare this to a game like call of duty with thousands of players online constantly. You are more likely to find someone in your region.

The final fantasy seems to be shared among 3 main areas. Mobile, Sony and Nintendo. The original final fantasies were on Nintendo platforms until FF7. This changed when the 5th console generation rolled round. Final fantasy evolved with the new generation and transferred onto disc based storage. Nintendo Stuck with cartridges. This improved storage space allowed for the cinematic that square is best known for today. This could not have happened on Nintendo consoles, and Xbox had not emerged at this point, and Sega were already circlin the drain. Sony stuck with the series until FF13 which became multplatform on Xbox and PS3, while Nintendo has most or all of the spin off series. Mobile games are adopting the smaller of these spin off series now.

Wishful Pondering:
    Personally I'm not really able to enjoy 50% of Sony's Experience because the Community experience is just as important as the Solo. Right now I dont have that on PS3 but I want to create and have that similar experience on PSN+ as I did with that of Xbox's Live service.
    This comes down to games, rather than a community. The service itself is irrelevant when it comes down the experiences that you are getting from them. If you were to play COD on any platform I would wager that the service will me mighty similar with the exception that PS3 has free multiplayer play. The service may be better via Xbox live, but in the end it comes down to players. More people chose Xbox 360 this generation as it was the first of the consoles to come out and it was cheaper than the PS3. This allowed Xbox to get an early lead on Sony last generation. Sony have learned from their past mistakes are are setting themselves up to take this generation in the same fashion the Xbox 360 did.
    For the Record I have PSN+ .... >.<

I am complaining about barriers in general. You can't tell me that it would not be nice to see region selection in games that can pair you with others in your region or nearby. I think it's not a bad idea. After all that would make connecting to players less laggy as well. :P

I see no reason why the PS3 could not take advantage of some of the features Live had already. Sony doesn't think the PS3 can handle it, then calls it a "hardware issue" when its software that can fix it. So the PS4 was their answer to the fans whom wanted cross party chat and the other advanced features they have planned. It now looks like the PS4 will fill that gap to an extent much like that of Live on Xbox 360.

I do have a lack of Friends on my list on PSN and I aim to remedy that. You need to really work on building a community and on PSN I feel no sense of greater community like that of Live has with ease of use. Like the fact everyone gets a headset in w/the 360 vs PS3 with none. (making it easier to communicate vs not)

As I stated I feel far flung away from other PS3 users that use PSN in the US or UK. Matches usually pit me with others from far away. Language is a barrier for me that I can work on and am. However I rarely come across those in my own region or elsewhere more than the Hispanics in the deep South Americas. Maybe its not the amount that counts but why cant I have more than 6 friends in case those six go offline for any period of time? Why not. Indeed.

Why would I have picked the 360 Originally? Cause of the Games and Cause of communication reasons. Weather it's idol chatter or Game related which it usually is. Cause of a sense of Community I had on the Xbox itself with Mech-Assualt or Halo 2 back in the day and it didn't have a mic in the box but I got one and I enjoy that part of communication- being able to tell others to look out for the enemy coming around the next corner. The friends list I built. The Controller and So on. There are many reasons why I play games and many reasons why I picked the 360. None of my reasons were because it was cheaper though.

It's simple for me though as I do enjoy more with paid features over Live than PSN/free and in the case of those who dont get alot of money PSN+ is a great way to get other games. In this way and vice-versa I can get the same game they are playing for free, unless its region locked to their PS store. Then in the other case I at least can purchase it and download it (at discount w/PSN+). Not everyone can buy tons of games Like I can but this is one of the reasons why I like PSN+ for the Digital 'rental' freebies. Makes gaming more- instant.

It's all good though. I will get there someday. Maybe my list on PSN will never be larger than it is or even ideal- but I will still enjoy what I have, even if most games next gen are supporting co-op and Multiplayer than before on PSN. It's Not like I'm angry at everyone, I'm just disappointed with Sony overall really.

Edit 2:

I'm willing take Multiplayer game suggestions. :/
    Last edited by HasteInTime; 06-17-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Articles

I am complaining about barriers in general. You can't tell me that it would not be nice to see region selection in games that can pair you with others in your region or nearby. I think it's not a bad idea. After all that would make connecting to players less laggy as well. :P
    While this would be nice, it limits the amount of player that are available for your search. I live in Scotland, and best Matchmaking results are probably those were those from Europe (which has so many different languages) will have a better connection that connecting to English Speaking areas like America, Canada and Australia.

I see no reason why the PS3 could not take advantage of some of the features Live had already... So the PS4 was their answer to the fans whom wanted cross party chat and the other advanced features they have planned.
    I don't know the reasoning behind the PS3 not having cross game chat, but Is that something that is changing now?

I do have a lack of Friends on my list on PSN and I aim to remedy that. You need to really work on building a community and on PSN I feel no sense of greater community like that of Live has with ease of use, the fact everyone gets a headset in w/the 360 vs PS3 with none.
    That was one of the great things about the xbox in the early days. They made some great decisions in the begining of the 360's life. Unfortunately this has fallen off with a lack of interesting exclusives (Mostly due to the stagnation of the shooter genre)

Maybe its not the amount that counts but why cant I have more than 6 friends in case those six go offline for any period of time?
    PS3 and Xbox 360 both have friendslist limits of 100. This is increasing in the next generation.

Why would I have picked the 360 Originally? Cause of the Games and Cause of communication reasons. The friends list I built. The Controller and So on. There are many reasons why I play games and many reasons why I picked the 360.
    I chose my 360 because my brother got the PS3. There were few exclusives I were interested in shortly into the life of the 360. Had you bought a PS3 though, and built up the community there rather than on the 360, this conversation may have been different. Last console generation was 8 years long, the longest console generation. This allowed for plenty of time to have these sort of experiences over all three of the main platforms last generation. The Xbox had a leg up because of the free microphone, and the better Live service. Sony are now offering a greater service with PS+ though.

It's Not like I'm angry at everyone, I'm just disappointed with Sony overall really.
    I still don't really know why though. Xbox Live had a great service, but for most this isn't enough. I haven't bought Xbox live since 2010 when the online experience wasn't as important. I lost interest in multiplayer shooter games around that sort of time. Halo Reach and Modern Warfare 2 were the only games I played online with Live, and £40 a year for a service I was never going to use again wasn't enough to keep me around.

Playstation provided all multiplayer gaming online for free during the life of the PS3, and with the introduction of their service offer discounts and free games on a monthly basis. They have now chosen this to be mandatory for PS4 in terms of PS+, but continue to offer the benifits that they provided with PS+ on the PS3. While I am unsure of Microsoft's strategey with Xbox Live on the Xbox one, if it remains the way it is, is not worth the money.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Your first problem is you're playing games like Socom and MAG when the PSN multiplayer shooter crowd has long since moved on from those games. If you want to meet people, you want to play Black Ops II, God of War Ascension, or The Last of US. Whenever the newest big shooter comes out, my friends list always burgeons by 5-20 users. Are you saying if you went back to play Crackdown 1 or GRAW 2 on the 360 you'd have an easy time finding active English-speaking players???

If so, I think you're mistaking Xbox for the rule when it's really the exception. I suppose it's a community of American males that actively seek people to play multiplayer shooters with and that's why you're having such an easy time. But I've been playing multiplayer on the PC for over a decade now and it's no different than PSN to me. I play Call of Duty on Steam and PS3 and both communities are the same - few players speak up and invites don't just rain down from the sky.

I'm not really sure what you want them to do. Cross-game chat is something I wouldn't use to group up even if it was available on PS3; I don't use it on Steam, where I do have it. And you may think bundling a mic in every console was a good idea, but I think most of us here would pass on the teenagers, racists, misogynists, and homophobes the service is now infamous for.

Anyway, I'm RMX687, right now my multiplayer rotation consists of Modern Warfare 3, Uncharted 3, and Gran Turismo 5; I also have CoD4 and Killzone 2 for going old school. If you got those games maybe we can play sometime, especially if we can set up an EoFF event (small chance). Just don't talk about science or Linux .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shauna View Post
    While this would be nice, it limits the amount of player that are available for your search. I live in Scotland, and best Matchmaking results are probably those were those from Europe (which has so many different languages) will have a better connection that connecting to English Speaking areas like America, Canada and Australia.

I see no reason why the PS3 could not take advantage of some of the features Live had already... So the PS4 was their answer to the fans whom wanted cross party chat and the other advanced features they have planned.
    I don't know the reasoning behind the PS3 not having cross game chat, but Is that something that is changing now?

I do have a lack of Friends on my list on PSN and I aim to remedy that. You need to really work on building a community and on PSN I feel no sense of greater community like that of Live has with ease of use, the fact everyone gets a headset in w/the 360 vs PS3 with none.
    That was one of the great things about the xbox in the early days. They made some great decisions in the begining of the 360's life. Unfortunately this has fallen off with a lack of interesting exclusives (Mostly due to the stagnation of the shooter genre)

Maybe its not the amount that counts but why cant I have more than 6 friends in case those six go offline for any period of time?
    PS3 and Xbox 360 both have friendslist limits of 100. This is increasing in the next generation.

Why would I have picked the 360 Originally? Cause of the Games and Cause of communication reasons. The friends list I built. The Controller and So on. There are many reasons why I play games and many reasons why I picked the 360.
    I chose my 360 because my brother got the PS3. There were few exclusives I were interested in shortly into the life of the 360. Had you bought a PS3 though, and built up the community there rather than on the 360, this conversation may have been different. Last console generation was 8 years long, the longest console generation. This allowed for plenty of time to have these sort of experiences over all three of the main platforms last generation. The Xbox had a leg up because of the free microphone, and the better Live service. Sony are now offering a greater service with PS+ though.

It's Not like I'm angry at everyone, I'm just disappointed with Sony overall really.
    I still don't really know why though. Xbox Live had a great service, but for most this isn't enough. I haven't bought Xbox live since 2010 when the online experience wasn't as important. I lost interest in multiplayer shooter games around that sort of time. Halo Reach and Modern Warfare 2 were the only games I played online with Live, and £40 a year for a service I was never going to use again wasn't enough to keep me around.

Playstation provided all multiplayer gaming online for free during the life of the PS3, and with the introduction of their service offer discounts and free games on a monthly basis. They have now chosen this to be mandatory for PS4 in terms of PS+, but continue to offer the benifits that they provided with PS+ on the PS3. While I am unsure of Microsoft's strategey with Xbox Live on the Xbox one, if it remains the way it is, is not worth the money.
    What Might or May Have Been. Oh Never-Mind That... (it's all good)

Yeah maybe I might have been more different to me on PSN if I went PlayStation 3 first, but I had my reasons. Unlike then I can have both now (X1 and PS4). Also if "Free" (keyword there) was my primary priority Wii, Wii U, and DS/3DS would be my first choice. PSN didn't nail the model well originally and even went paid like Live, that is both good and bad. (Even though on both 360 and PS3 you now have paid models you can be Silver on 360 still and free on PSN. FF11 lets you be Silver on the 360 and Silver allows for Private Chat. While PSN free doesn't offer voice chat, oddly. :P)

Well what it boils down to for me is choice of games, which can determine the kind of player I may run into on PSN/PS3 I guess *shrugs*. Xbox Live looks like it will adapt the free games that PS Plus from PS3 has done on top of everything else. However you get to keep them since the Live Marketplace works different than the PS Store in terms of licensing. Maybe the X1 will change some of that, for now there is only direct form of the DLC's ownership on the LM. It will start July 1st for the 360 LM with Halo 3 and AC II for free permanent ownership as yours to keep for life for being Gold (dont know if you have to pick only one or can get both though) and you could see this continue to catch up to newer titles or expand the number of title choices to 4 or 6.

I just wonder what Sony has been keeping from us w/regards to PSN+ if at all ...

A Sonny Disposition...

I personally can't help but be disappointed at this point by Sony's choices (since you asked) with their Marketing/Advertisements (I want to know when "that-game" is out! :] ), Attitude (promises that don't always pan out), Exclusives (ever read the policies?O.o), Placement, Severe Server Downtime (twice was it?), Random PlayStation Store glitch issues, Hardware Choices (Ex: Shared RAM! XD), Software UI/GUI choices, Finally the size and the spacing on PSDS3's DS joys and the triggers. Well I guess that it's 'almost' everything about Sony that bugs me, oh I remembered one other thing- they don't produce 1st Party games to identify themselves better to gamers like Nintendo has and probably should, then they could lord that over Microsoft that they do it better lol. Great Game ideas such as Legend of Dragoon just get shelved by Sony when they could be a series and a reason to be a PS fan but it's not, ouch. I kinda wish they made more IP's as Sony not just the platform.

So It's no wonder really all this happened. Despite all that, I have played on the PS3 for Games I have liked from the PS1, PS2 and well there are a few PS3 games I also love such as; Grand Turismo 5, The Last of Us, and MaG for example. Although, I probably could help my disposition by continuing to be sunny about it and just ST*U (kinda hard since I play everything). Which is why the thread's title is A Sony Disposition, because despite all that and certain key dislikes there are video games on it that got me by the 'bolts' and I like to game on multiple platforms.

Soo, yeah the gamer in me wins over the peeves but it still bothers me that Sony doesn't invest in 1st party headsets/software, then does and well the first wireless stereo headset model kinda bombed unfortunately for me. They ended up recalling them I think. Now they have the Pulse one out and I have no idea if its any good for the price and where if at all the mic is. Outside that I'm just used to being able to jump into a lobby and start communicating. So finding those that communicate that are from EU, UK, US, and Canada would be epic. Alternatively RU and JP if they have decent English. Which from my understanding do in the majority now.

At this point I won't care if your PSN+ or PSN Free. Since the new PSN+ model should swing things in my favor to entice those that play MP will then have PSN+ and PS4 has a mic in the box. Eh- it's a new gen so anything could happen, "quels que sera sera" as the french saying goes.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Your first problem is you're playing games like Socom and MAG when the PSN multiplayer shooter crowd has long since moved on from those games. If you want to meet people, you want to play Black Ops II, God of War Ascension, or The Last of US. Whenever the newest big shooter comes out, my friends list always burgeons by 5-20 users. Are you saying if you went back to play Crackdown 1 or GRAW 2 on the 360 you'd have an easy time finding active English-speaking players???

If so, I think you're mistaking Xbox for the rule when it's really the exception. I suppose it's a community of American males that actively seek people to play multiplayer shooters with and that's why you're having such an easy time. But I've been playing multiplayer on the PC for over a decade now and it's no different than PSN to me. I play Call of Duty on Steam and PS3 and both communities are the same - few players speak up and invites don't just rain down from the sky.

I'm not really sure what you want them to do. Cross-game chat is something I wouldn't use to group up even if it was available on PS3; I don't use it on Steam, where I do have it. And you may think bundling a mic in every console was a good idea, but I think most of us here would pass on the teenagers, racists, misogynists, and homophobes the service is now infamous for.

Anyway, I'm RMX687, right now my multiplayer rotation consists of Modern Warfare 3, Uncharted 3, and Gran Turismo 5; I also have CoD4 and Killzone 2 for going old school. If you got those games maybe we can play sometime, especially if we can set up an EoFF event (small chance). Just don't talk about science or Linux .
    Eh how is Battlefield 3? I'm not a big Call of Duty fan really. I do have GT5!

Also, yeah I can still get games in Halo 3 and Crackdown(and 2)! :3

GRAW kinda died and there are still small amount of players in PD Zero the launch title from RARE. There are still quite a few players that are on TC Future Solider and TC End War, TC R6-Vegas and R6 Vegas 2 I hear still have decent player population.

The whole shooter scene may be overdone but I'm fairly sure its not going anywhere anytime soon. plenty of Battlefield 3 players still playing too. I could keep this up all day but I'll add you instead. :]

(I promise; no scientific theory or Linux... :[ )
    Last edited by HasteInTime; 06-18-2013 at 02:18 AM.