Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Say a little thanks.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Holy trout guys you do realize nobody in this thread you're even talking to is vegetarian, right? I swear I can't think of a single subject that invites such a determined effort to try and catch people out in a supposed hypocrisy "You eat meat but PLANTS SUFFER TOO!" or "Meat is tasty" or "I just ate some meat, deal with it ".

Like, seriously, is the existence of vegetarians arouses people's ire like nothing else. Going to become one now just because people seem to take such massive umbrage.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Who's actually getting upset here? Calm your nerds man!

It's not like someone needs to be upset to troll nik. That's just good clean fun.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No, but there is still quite a bit of shaming going on in this thread!

Also, Calliope is most definitely vegan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    Holy trout guys you do realize nobody in this thread you're even talking to is vegetarian, right? I swear I can't think of a single subject that invites such a determined effort to try and catch people out in a supposed hypocrisy "You eat meat but PLANTS SUFFER TOO!" or "Meat is tasty" or "I just ate some meat, deal with it ".

Like, seriously, is the existence of vegetarians arouses people's ire like nothing else. Going to become one now just because people seem to take such massive umbrage.
    I, too, enjoyed the 5th Harry Potter book.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    No, but there is still quite a bit of shaming going on in this thread!

Also, Calliope is most definitely vegan.
    Yes I am, but I try to be so quietly and respectfully, because nothing pisses me off more than when I'm eating and people ask me stupid questions like "if you were stranded on a deserted island, would you eat animals then?"

Yesterday a former colleague went off on a "all vegetarians are stupid and judgemental and they eat bread and nothing else because they can't cook" rant, and it made me mad.

Still, I stand by my previous post; people should be able to eat whatever, without being policed for their choices. Just because veganism works for me doesn't mean that you will enjoy it or that it will work for you - so you certainly don't need me being superior and militant about it. If I had a dollar for every veg*an who gave up after a few months for whatever reason, I would have quite a few bucks squirrelled away - and that's fine. People's tastes, attitudes, health and circumstances change.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    It's not like someone needs to be upset to troll nik. That's just good clean fun.
    You guys should know better than to troll just to troll.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I aint judging no vegetarians! I actually love veggie food and in all honesty I rarely eat meat at all! This is more to do with how expensive it is though.

I don't like judgy veggies who will scorn me for eating meat when I get the chance, but I also don't like people who are rude to vegetarians so I try not to be one of those peoples! I eat a lot more fish so I've been looking into one of those.. meat free diets with just fish... pescatarian?

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't like assholes, either. People can consume what they want to consume unless they want to consume something endangered. Because smurf you, your taste or desire isn't more important than a species or ecosystem, trouthead. And I am being judgmental as hell right there, because a lot of cultures prize certain types of animal materials to the point that they've completely destroyed said species and there's something really wrong about making a bunch of animals dead to have fake cures for something as ludicrous and asinine as erectile dysfunction. There's no scientific basis that reindeer velvet, rhino horns and tiger penes do anything to the human body, but people will drive an entire species to the brink of non-existence to try and resolve superficial problems. Call it bastardized ethnocentrism, but some parts of all cultures are better off going away, especially parts of my own.

Personally, I don't believe I have more right or privilege to live than the animals I eat. I'm just lucky to be human.

If someone wants to know why I choose to eat what I choose to eat they can ask me and we can have a conversation about it. I ask vegan and vegetarian people crazy-ass questions all the time because I just want to know how they get along in a world that is designed without them in mind.

Signature by rubah. I think.