View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Premier League?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

5 23.81%
  • Man City

4 19.05%
  • Chelsea

6 28.57%
  • Some other team

6 28.57%
Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7172122232425262728293031323337 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 English Football Season

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Welp. Cabaye's gone, Newcastle and their reputation for not buying replacements for top players strikes again, oh dear. We could have easily challenged for a Europa League spot if we at least kept the same.
    Personally I hope it gives Pardew the idea to try a new formation that involves Ben Arfa so long as his ego isn't in overdrive every game. Great player though when he wants to be.
    Just. Depressing really, the midfield was Newcastle's only real strong point this season, OH WELL.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Blog Entries

Ngog wasn't a horrible rumour. I'm going to the Fulham game tonight and am half expecting us to have signed Ryan Babel and have him sitting on the bench. This is our Liverpool karma.

there was a picture here

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Well, at least that misery is over for another season. Going to drown either myself or my sorrows.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I won't rub it in, but I do have to say one thing. "Are you Moyes in disguise?" = chant of the season

Blog Entries

My favourite part of tonight (apart from based shelvey) was not realising Dempsey was even playing until he got taken off in the 70th minute. Fulham were poor.

Articles

To be honest with you I usually forget Fulham are even in the league until we play them. Fulham are long overdue a relegation, just such an utterly boring team filled with old men.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I won't rub it in, but I do have to say one thing. "Are you Moyes in disguise?" = chant of the season
    fraid not. That Grammy still goes to west ham fans when getting beat 6-0 singing "you're nothing special, we lose every week". Self deprecating ones will always win.

Loved United fans singing "We are staying up" in the Stretford End last night.
    Last edited by Cuchulainn; 01-29-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Regarding our central defence: Smalling & Evans have now played six matches in central defence this season and we have won every game, although this did include the recent 2-1 "match win, tie loss" against Sunderland. A loss, but they didn't partner up for the away game which is where we really lost that tie as far as I'm concerned. They've got 6/6/3 for games/wins/clean sheets, too. I think we should just stick with them for a while now, time to let Rio & Vidic be backup (Jones can remain a DM/DC option and our "third choice central defender"). Let Rio leave at the end of the season, too, as let's face it, the guy no longer warrants his paycheck. But I really hope we give Smalling & Evans a chance to continue their successful run. If they've yet to let us down, I'd say there's no reason to mess with 'em just yet.

Also, RVP is unbeaten in games he's scored in since joining United. Not bad.

Nice to see both Rooney & RVP back at the same time Mata joins us. If we can solidify our back line (RB/LB the bigger concerns for me) and get a quality CM that can play deep, we'll be sorted.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Pretty much. Our attack is looking great again but if only we can hold it together at the back. If we do I'd be 100% confident of taking 4th.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

City are starting to look formidable now. I really think they'll be able to take care of Barcelona over two legs in the Champions League. Tottenham were robbed of a goal that was clearly onside. Also, that was a great tackle by Danny Rose yet what do City get? A penalty and a sending off.

I think they still would have won comfortably without those decisions... but the fact that they are getting them whilst still playing well is pretty ominous.

Articles

I missed having you people in the thread. Amazing what a transfer record breaking signing can do, eh? that's what, £64m and counting spent by Moyes? Damn. Our owners refuse to go over £10m these days thanks to the Carroll/Downing fiasco. At least Henderson turned out alright!

Blog Entries

(SPOILER)

All jokes aside, we could do with another midfielder with all our injuries. We'll have him back (SPOILER)for £1M.

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I missed having you people in the thread. Amazing what a transfer record breaking signing can do, eh? that's what, £64m and counting spent by Moyes? Damn. Our owners refuse to go over £10m these days thanks to the Carroll/Downing fiasco. At least Henderson turned out alright!
    Daniel Sturridge for £12m, what a bargain that was!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

I seriously think that with with his position, age and nationality, in current market values you could get £40m for him. 16 goals in 18 games this season is ridiculous and Chelsea are idiots.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Sturridge signing for that little is nothing short of daylight robbery.

Transfer deadline day tomorrow - I hope we sign somebody (anybody!) as our players seem to be dropping like flies at the moment.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.