View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Premier League?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

5 23.81%
  • Man City

4 19.05%
  • Chelsea

6 28.57%
  • Some other team

6 28.57%
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456781222 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 English Football Season

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

He wants to go to United, that's the encouraging thing. Just today his father that (apparently hes best friends with De Gea), and Barcelona are prepared to let him go but they want a buy-back clause which United are supposedly contesting.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

It pains me to see Arsenal in the "other team" list, but I suppose it's only fair since it's been freaking 8 years since we last won something.

If we get reinforced with Higuain (this saga is getting tiresome), Fellaini and a CB, I can see us as title contenders again, and we could possibly challenge for more on the CL front. I don't want to see us losing any of our players, that would send yet another negative message.

We have lots of players we could do with losing - we haven't got a 'star' to lose at this point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    We have lots of players we could do with losing - we haven't got a 'star' to lose at this point anyway.
    I'm talking about the absolute regulars, such as Koscielny (who has been linked with a move already) Jack, Mikel, Theo etc. (and yeah, I realize most of them have signed new contracts, but well, that hasn't stopped anyone before)

I could do without Gervihno, Santos and even Podolski (if they do bring up Higuain or Yovetic) but I never counted them as indispensable, anyway.

I certainly wouldn't like to see Vermaelen departing, yes, he had a crappy season but he's a good player, though I could see him leaving to find his form again, given that he will struggle to get into the XI with Mertesacker and Kos co-operating so well.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Reckon you need a new keeper too. The only people I know who rate Sir Chesney are Arsenal fans. He has the odd phenomenal game but very lacking in consistency - not exactly Jens Lehman or Safe Hands David Seaman. Sagna isn't as good as he once was either. Again, I know some Arsenal fans who reckon he is the best RB in the league but I wouldn't even have him in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Reckon you need a new keeper too. The only people I know who rate Sir Chesney are Arsenal fans. He has the odd phenomenal game but very lacking in consistency - not exactly Jens Lehman or Safe Hands David Seaman.
    Oh, I think he is overrated as well; yes, he may love the club but he's inconsistent as it goes, his deliveries are terrible (70% of them, end up on the opposite team players) and he seems to be quite complacent.
    Fabianski seems to have recovered a bit, but not a very reliable choice, either. Still waiting for Asmir Begovic tbh, seeing that Mignolet got away.

Seaman has always been my favorite Arsenal player, (rivaled possibly only by Adams, Parlour and Henry) such a calming presence and an amazing work rate. I am really tired of seeing goalkeepers yelling at their defense everytime they have to block a shot.

Sagna has gone downhill of late, which is a shame. I like Szczesny and would prioritise a striker/defender over a new keeper, though it probably helps that great keepers aren't in abundance in the Premier League at the moment.

Articles

Andrea Pirlo. What a smurfing ice cold badass. I wish both him and Zlatan had come to the Premier League a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Andrea Pirlo. What a smurfing ice cold badass. I wish both him and Zlatan had come to the Premier League a long time ago.
    Funny you mention that, because Arsenal had a chance once upon a time to snatch a young Zlatan.

Good games today. Italy vs Uruguay, well played, both teams tried and didn't disappoint imo, but it was obvious they were tired. Sucks that Italy had so many players down, they could have won it, may be even made the finals. Great goals from Cavani and Diamanti (is that the guy who made Italy's second goal?).

The final, wow, never saw it coming. Spain down 1 - 0 less than 2 minutes into the game, you don't see that often, and then Neymar's goal on the last few minutes. . . .well it was a pretty good game from the Brazilians, they were out to cut off Spain wherever and however, and they did.

Blog Entries

Michu and Bony up front. We are going to piss this league.

there was a picture here

Tottenham is getting Paulinho, and apparently Bayern is interested in David Luiz.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Michu and Bony up front. We are going to piss this league.
    HANDS OFF OUR JONJO

Blog Entries

I was under the impression that all Liverpool fans thought he was trout anyway...this may or may not have included myself, before I gave it a bit of thought today and came to the conclusion that he may fit well into our team. Or he may flop. I'm about 60-40 in favour of the former at the moment.

(SPOILER)You've still got the Welsh Xavi

there was a picture here