View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Premier League?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

5 23.81%
  • Man City

4 19.05%
  • Chelsea

6 28.57%
  • Some other team

6 28.57%
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101424 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 English Football Season

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think they're going with "If Cavani is worth £55m, then..." approach. Which is fair enough, Suarez > Cavani imho. I don't give a smurf about the numbers, just get rid. If you don't want to be at LFC I don't want you to be there either.

I think Sunderland will have a smurfing awful season personally.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I think Norwich could be in trouble this year, they would have been last season if not for how awful QPR and Reading were. Hopefully Stoke will struggle.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I will agree Paul that Suarez is a fantastic player, even better than Cavani, but comparing Arsenal (even other mega rich PL clubs) doesn't compare to the 'who gives a smurf' attitude towards spending towards the likes of Monaco or PSG, so 40m PLUS 1 POUND GAH is a huge sum that shouldn't be compared to them.

I agree though. It's exactly how I feel about Rooney tbh.

Str8 Pimpin'

I officially nominate Phillippe Coutinho as my candidate for young player of the year this season. Kid is immensely talented. Let's build around him, by cashing in on Suarez. I think another bid in the mid 40's would do it.

Then take Eriksen and Alderweireld from Ajax, Jackson Martinez from Porto, maybe a loan move for Shaqiri and let's go to war.

Should be a very interesting season to say the least.

I'm very curious to see if Man Utd's extended success was truly a Ferguson creation, especially if they let Rooney go. Chelsea and Man city should be loaded, Spurs if they hold on to Bale will be right there and Arsenal are Arsenal, always looking on the edge of dropping off but always there in the end.

Should be an interesting few weeks and I'm down for fantasy football (European).

Take care all.

Blog Entries

Default liverpool joke

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    I'd say Rodgers is just scared to give him to another 4th place rival.

there was a picture here

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Then take Eriksen and Alderweireld from Ajax, Jackson Martinez from Porto, maybe a loan move for Shaqiri and let's go to war.
    Let's sign Ryan Shawcross and Danny Graham instead.

Blog Entries

Is fantasy football happening?

there was a picture here

Articles

Why bother? Just declare Donal the winner right now!

Crystal Palace are going to get relegated as smurf. Hull also I suspect. City and Chelsea will have storming starts to the season. United will start utterly woefully and David Moyes will be under a lot of pressure - 6th in January. From January onwards they will not lose a single game and end up losing the title to City or Chelsea on the last day on goal difference.

Liverpool FC to be surprise dark horses and everyone at the club will start talking about CL qualification and challenging for the title before the inevitable return to type and managing to scrape a Europa place ahead of surprise packages Norwich City.

CARDIFF TO FINISH AHEAD OF SWANSEA whattup

Gotta say, the whole transfer cycle makes me sick to my stomach. Between the insane amounts of money and the fact that signed contracts mean nothing, what's the point in getting invested in any actual players anymore? If you root for any team that isn't overflowing with cash, assume your best players will be gone or will be unsettled by offers to go and it really takes the fun out of the sport.

Frankly, I don't, as an American, understand this process. In what other sport or walk of life can you sign a contract, then decide, eh, I don't want to honor it, send me somewhere better please AND IT HAPPENS! The Tevez being benched thing at Man City was the closest thing I can think of to how that situation should actually be resolved.

That's why you root for the name on the front not the names on the back.

Take care all.

Articles

Suarez a month ago: Wah wah English press mean to me.

Today, Suarez exclusively talks to two English newspapers: Yes I would like to play in England for many years!

Why do I allow myself to fall in love so easily?

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Gotta say, the whole transfer cycle makes me sick to my stomach. Between the insane amounts of money and the fact that signed contracts mean nothing, what's the point in getting invested in any actual players anymore? If you root for any team that isn't overflowing with cash, assume your best players will be gone or will be unsettled by offers to go and it really takes the fun out of the sport.

Frankly, I don't, as an American, understand this process. In what other sport or walk of life can you sign a contract, then decide, eh, I don't want to honor it, send me somewhere better please AND IT HAPPENS! The Tevez being benched thing at Man City was the closest thing I can think of to how that situation should actually be resolved.

That's why you root for the name on the front not the names on the back.

Take care all.
    Yeah but then we in the UK don't understand how a sports team can up and move cities on an owner's whim. So, swings and roundabouts. Clubs get rid of wantaway players because it's the easiest solution all round.

Yeah, is someone setting up a fantasy football league?

I've never done it before, so I'd like to join in this time round. I hear that a lot of you guys drop out during the season, but I can't see myself doing that.

So if anyone is up for it...?

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Yeah but then we in the UK don't understand how a sports team can up and move cities on an owner's whim. So, swings and roundabouts. Clubs get rid of wantaway players because it's the easiest solution all round.
    Been to Milton Keynes lately...?

Yeah, it's notable for being a complete one-off though (you'd have to go back to er...Arsenal doing it when they moved to Islington from Woolwich for something similar), and MK Dons still get a lot of stick.

Articles

One-off? Well, the city of Coventry will be glad to hear that.