View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Premier League?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

5 23.81%
  • Man City

4 19.05%
  • Chelsea

6 28.57%
  • Some other team

6 28.57%
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131727 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 English Football Season

Blog Entries

So Daniel, are you ready for the biannual LIVERPOOL REDS vs MANCHESTER REDS (accompanied by Old Manus)
    Delicious siege mentality

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

yeah well you think you're so special just because you beat man city this weekend

bugger off back to playing the new saints where you belong

Blog Entries

that cut me deep, bro. Neath FC winding up was a hard point in my life.

there was a picture here

Articles

Prestatyn Town for life. North Wales > South.

Liverpool are mastering the art of the old "Chelsea 1-0 park the bus" wins.

I'm glad we got our act together and brought in more players before the window closes, unlike last season and really, I'm excited to see where this team goes from here. I love the spirit and commitment I'm seeing from everyone defensively, particularly Henderson who looks a player reborn this season. What I really love is that these are the results that win you titles and Top 4 berths, games where you grind out victory. Last year we would play really beautiful attacking football and still lose or draw. So far we've done just enough to win each match and that is what matters most.

Man Utd looked a step slow in the first half and I am very confused by some of their tactics. Is Kagawa really that badly injured still? Rooney was a tough blow to happen but I think they need to really consider a last second move for some more width and midfield prowess. Of course, I HOPE they do nothing.

Arsenal continue to confound me too. It almost seems like they intentionally don't want to add anyone to their squad, yet they always seem to find ways to win these big matchups. I think Spurs could be fearsome but with such an influx of players I think they may need time to gel. Bale is FINALLY gone so that can be put to bed.

It's still early on but I think we could be in for a real dogfight throughout the entire league. Chelsea have a ridiculous amount of players now and look the strongest squad, especially with Jose but I think they are still fairly slow at the back and could be vulnerable there. Man City have a strong squad too and if they can sort out some of their defensive lapses they are right there as well. I see it as a two way race between those two for the title with Liverpool, Spurs, Man Utd and Arsenal battling for the last two Champions League spots.

Should be an excellent season, great start for Liverpool so far.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Don't really care for Liverpool really. I find it hard to like them.

As an aside, I checked the EoFF Fantasy League, and as I feared, I'm almost last. Knew I'd be pretty terrible at this.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Don't really care for Liverpool really. I find it hard to like them.
    Then get out of this thread, there are too many like you.

Hey, Old Manus, 1-0. Suck a dick.

Daniel Sturridge is a beast and Jordan Henderson is actually a very good player if you understand the game and what he does. You don't notice him so much when Liverpool have possession but if you watch the team when we don't the shift he puts in is insane.

I think if Fergie had been manager I could've seen us throwing that away as we always like to with United. Mentally their team seemed to be struggling, lots of tempers flaring and silly little kicks out at Liverpool players when there didn't need to be.

As for Bale, I don't know if he will flop because of the intensity of playing for Madrid, or go into a supernova like Ronaldo and Messi because the Spanish league is made up of a lot of poor sides.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I can't hear you over £11M Borini quietly getting shifted to Sunderland

I was at the West Brom game, it was 90 minutes of domination. Anelka was their only player who managed to create anything, though our defence is still a bit slack. Dat based Michu/Hernandez/Pozuelo combination. Shelvey still producing half football genius and half guff. Scotty, what's the score? Scotty, Scotty, what's the score?

Also, The Hawthorns confirmed for having an atmosphere almost as bad as The Emirates.

there was a picture here

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I can't hear you over £11M Borini quietly getting shifted to Sunderland
    I don't even understand the point you're trying to make here. An underperforming player leaving the club sure does take the shine off beating a fierce rival.

Still, I especially like that you highlighted the £11m fee, as if that is somehow in any way approaching some of the ridiculous fees the club have paid for players who have flopped even harder than he did. I was also a fan the mixed metaphors of not being able to hear me over the sounds of a quiet move. Finally, good job ridiculing a player who helped get your team promoted. Great post all round. 10/10.

Blog Entries

I never know whether you're actually taking me seriously or you're just trolling me trolling you trolling me.

there was a picture here

Articles

If you look up who Swansea's next fixture is against, you may be able to find out the answer. Gotta get in early.

Ander Herrera might be on his way. Decent player but 36 million?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Aye, kinda sceptical about him being worth that much. We'll just have to wait and see (and hope).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Ozil would be a massive signing but it sounds like he really wants United, not Arsenal. Curious to see where he ends up.

Overall, I'm happy with Liverpool's transfer business. We even made Suarez loyal again!

Take care all.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    We even made Suarez loyal again!
    If only. Should've cashed in. Probably could've with Real if Spurs hadn't caved.