View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Premier League?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

5 23.81%
  • Man City

4 19.05%
  • Chelsea

6 28.57%
  • Some other team

6 28.57%
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16263031323334353637383940414246 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 English Football Season

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Olympiakos game going to extra time won't really have an effect our game with Liverpool considering you are our next game We play them the week after.

Having a bit of a break between games isn't always a good thing though as you can lose some momentum. Though saying that I can't remember any point in this season where we've had any momentum. Considering the way both Utd and Liverpool are playing at the moment... I would be more than happy with a draw.

Blog Entries

michu returns

premier league prepare your collective anuses

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Lescott vs Messi. Oh dear. Even just seeing photos of them together sort of offends me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lescott got away with murder last night... mainly due to one of the worst referees I've ever seen. However, the skill involved in his assist for Messi was phenomenal. Only a handful of players in the world could have pulled that off.

Big weekend coming up for the top end of the table. Any kind of gain on Spurs will be a successful weekend, even if it's only a point. Though with Liverpool and Arsenal on the same points then everyone is going to be up for it.

First decent Super Sunday in quite a while!

Articles

Wake up you guys, it's Football Thread Christmas! Someone is going to get horribly mocked and taunted for weeks on end! Will Luis Suarez attempt to one-up himself by trying to bugger Tom Cleverley? Will Moyes break down in tears or will Brendan make excuses by rambling on about the group's mental strength? Will someone get their knob out on this "Google Front Row" business?

...if it's a draw, we all laugh at Old Manus for the Swans losing at home to West Brom.

I'm starting to think my Utd shirt is cursed, and I'm genuinely thinking of not wearing it for the game today for this reason.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Urgh, horrible game from us so far. Well, not horrible, we're not playing as bad as we have in other games and we've had good moments going forward, but when playing Liverpool we should be picking it up a level and we simply aren't.

I agree with the penalty decisions in favour of Liverpool, but I don't think I'll ever understand the handball rule as the rest of the world seem to see it. How can it be that a player who is 1-2m from someone who boots the ball can with any reason be expected to know where the ball is going to be and where not to put their hand? Rafael was running to a stop and his hand movement, when played at full speed, seemed completeley fine. If anything, he saw the football moving and tried to snap his hand to his side but at that speed he's never going to get it there. I've seen decisions both for and against us for players right in front of the opposition getting balls kicked into their arms and getting carded for it and I've never quite felt it justified.

Baffles me almost as much as how often shirt-pulling doesn't lead to carding.

Best moments for us are when Rooney/Rafael/Januzaj actually bothered to run at the opposition. Reminded me of why I started supporting United. Wish our players would do it more often.

EDIT: Van Persie is rubbish today, same with Carrick.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

can't pass can't score can't beat smurfing west brom at home

where is jonjo to deliver us from this footballing affliction

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Sturridge you diver, Vidic didn't even touch you and you didn't even need to change your footing to keep running. At the very least drag your feet.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Destroyed.

Ourplayed in every department. One shot on target. Bereft of confidence. Waiting for something to happen as opposed to making it happen. Moyes has had long enough now. Him and his team are not up to the task.

On the other hand, Liverpool were awesome today. Worked hard with and without the ball. Quick, incisive passing and great movement. Genuine title contenders.

Sturbridge dived for their third penalty though. Should have had two others which weren't given though.

I'm off now to cry my own tears whilst simultaneously masturbating over the DVD of our treble-winning season.

Articles

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

this was a good weekend for football in general

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No it f***ing hasn't

Articles

Mata looked truly rotten. I think he could well become the next Kagawa - unless United get a new manager. I tell you what, if a United manager can't motivate his team for an Old Trafford match against Liverpool, what match can he motivate them? Five more years of the Moyesiah please.

Our strikers didn't look that great today. I think if they were in their usual form you'd be looking at 5 or 6. In good news for England, Sterling, Johnson, Flanagan and Henderson were outstanding, but bizarrely I think the best player on the pitch might have been Joe Allen. Well, even a broken clock...

Incidentally, for all the whining from United fans about Sturridge diving (guess they missed Rooney jumping into Skrtel then screaming at the ref...) think Suarez deserves some props for not going down when Fellaini clearly kicked him early on in the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The difference between Rooney jumping at Skertl and screaming at the ref and Sturridge's dive was that justice prevailed with Rooney and didn't with Sturridge. Also, loads of players were jumping at other players this match. Lots more shoulder barging than normal, but then, it is Manchester United vs. Liverpool. Ironically (?) two of the seemingly most civil people on the pitch were... Suarez and Evra!?