View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Premier League?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

5 23.81%
  • Man City

4 19.05%
  • Chelsea

6 28.57%
  • Some other team

6 28.57%
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2232363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 English Football Season

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think there could be more managers who could have pulled off a long term stay at a club with ongoing success. I just don't think clubs allow them the luxury these days. Mourinho, had he never left Chelsea, would have been a fantastic example. But they "parted ways", rather stupidly, and I do feel both sides regretted that such a thing came to happen. Likewise, Guardiola should never have been put under pressure at Barcelona - they shot themselves in the foot big time by doing so. If they had made him feel like he was king forever, he might have stayed for a longer time. But then, he strikes me as a manager who doesn't want to stick around at a club for a long time, what with his fascination for one year rolling contracts.

I imagine Arsene might have seen much more success if he were at a club that was willing to pay up in order to keep it's big players. United is a club that should be capable of having a long term manager and getting trophies by keeping it's best players.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

If you can find someone then best of luck to you. However while I agree that it's a good system, belief in the system should not see blind belief in a manager to achieve that. Specifically Moyes. You have fallen into a trap that many united fans have this season, that because you need a dynasty Moyes is the man to do it. He never was.

No man who says Liverpool are favourites to win at Old Trafford or that United are aspiring to be like City has the mentality needed to manage a club like United. He looked like a lost little boy from day one.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

A load of bollocks, surely? I guess it call comes down to what you call a "weakened team" - Mikel and Lampard played on Tuesday night and will be fit for the game this weekend. They can't play in the return leg so there is no reason to leave them out. Central defenders should be capable of three games in nine days. They generally only play one striker, and many of their highly thought of players were on the bench during the week, so clearly they have the ability to rotate. Outside of their fullbacks and perhaps Ramires, I'm unsure who they're supposed to be resting and how much "weaker" that would make their team.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Definitely seems like Jose being Jose. Some mind games to try and lull Liverpool in to easing off preparation. The Cech and Terry injuries could be big losses though.

No matter what, this is a massive game. Any positive result, even a draw would put us in great position, but a win would be ideal.

Take care all.

Articles

Van Gaal Would Promise A Fascinating Ride | Mediawatch, Mailbox, Ref365, John Nicholson, Spanish Thing | Football365

HIRE HIM NOW

What a beast. He's too good for United. I might even start liking them with him in charge. Total nutter.

Blog Entries

I can't wait for Rio Ferdinand to try to throw his weight about in the dressing room or Rooney to throw his toys out of the pram wanting a bigger contract for his average performances. They're going to get their trout ruined.

there was a picture here

Articles

Manchester United manager before home game to Liverpool: "Their league position suggests they are ahead of us and they possibly do come here as favourites. Liverpool are having a very good season and we will have to do everything we possibly can to beat them."

Manchester United manager after home game to City "I think we've played a very good side and it's the sort of standard and level we need to try and aspire to get ourselves to at this moment in time."

Manchester United manager before home game to Newcastle: "...they come to Old Trafford and we're going to make it as difficult as we can for them."

Brand god damn new Manchester United manager before home game to Norwich: "We're Manchester United, we're at home and we expect to win."

I hope that succinctly explains why Moyes was never going to win anything at United. Don't get pedantic on me and say the class of opposition is different, Giggs would've said the same thing before City and Liverpool too and you know it. He's twice the man Moyes is.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

"Louis van Gaal has nothing left to learn" - Louis van Gaal, 2001

Haha that's the best line I've ever read.

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

(SPOILER)jonjo shelvey

there was a picture here

Articles

told you so

Articles

I'm relieved in as much as it wasn't Torres scoring a 90th minute winner. I think I would've murdered the entire population of Torquay if that's how they'd won.

Blog Entries

there was a picture here

Articles

SUCK A DICK GUARDIOLA!

he's my new tony pulis old manus. I know you care about these things.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thoroughly enjoyed watching Bayern Munich get dicked last night!

I'm really not sure who I'd rather see in the final with them... just have the feeling it's going to be Chelsea again.