View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Premier League?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

5 23.81%
  • Man City

4 19.05%
  • Chelsea

6 28.57%
  • Some other team

6 28.57%
Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15252930313233343536373839404145 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 English Football Season

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by England v Denmark
    Raheem Sterling is Man-of-the-Match
    what now old manus

what now

Blog Entries

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's sign of how things have changed when there are five Liverpool players in the starting line-up.

Man Utd players used to dominate the England team.

WAAAAHHHHHH!!! I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!!!!!!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

United have the potential to have a lot of players in the starting lineup but they simply have been crap this season and can only blame themselves.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Craig Maskell got the "best" treatment there. As for Gordon Cowans, when I look at the photo I can actually see how that happened and tbh the picture doesn't do him too much disservice (or should I say, the photo is actually worse than the picture).

Articles

The guy has apparently done the entire 93-94 sticker album. You can actually still see one or two stickers from that year on my brothers wardrobe, though 94-95 dominates.

Also Steve Bruce hasn't aged a god damn day.

Looking more and more likely that it's Chelsea's league to lose, I'm not convinced Liverpool are capable, while Man City could have one hell of a fixture pile up on their hands, especially if they beat Wigan..

Jose is a beast at this stuff!

Articles

Yep, title race is over today. Media will try to hype up Liverpool and Arsenal playing Chelsea but they will not drop enough points. Pity, Chelsea play such dire football.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Way too early to say the title race is over. If City win their three games in hand, they'll leapfrog Chelsea on goal difference. There will likely be some awkward results for both sides yet to come, and both sides are capable.

Articles

I see you've bought into Jose's propaganda machine! The three games in hand include a visit to Old Trafford which I suspect United will win. For all the Moyes mockery I quite fancy United to go on a run for the rest of the season and Fellaini to be in top form. While I think the CL will be a step too far for them, I anticipate they will claim 5th.

Anyway, why I am talking about the Manchester teams instead of Chelsea I don't know! They have two more fixtures against teams in the top half. Liverpool and Arsenal - both teams need a win to keep their title hopes alive and Jose will park the bus and claim a point in each fixture, effectively eliminating them both from the race and making the title Chelsea's.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Those are pretty brave assumptions to make. xD Chelsea, while in great form, are still not without blips of their own - if not against top four sides, then against sides lower down the order. In fact, while City did lose to Chelsea recently, that's the only loss they have had in the league for quite some time. They drew to Norwich, but in the same "last ten games" Chelsea drew to West Brom and West Ham.

Essentially they both have eight wins in their last eight league games, so I wouldn't write a team off and say "the title race is over". The title race, even if there were even games played and a four point gap, would still well and truly be on with nine games still to go. A likely winner? Maybe, but that doesn't end the race.

I'd have said it was over if City had beaten Wigan. Fixture congestion wont be as huge of an issue now. But they still have a lot of catching up to do. Games in hand don't really mean a whole lot if you have to play 2 games a week constantly. Chelseas run in is very kind.

Meanwhile City have to play Arsenal, United, Liverpool and Everton away some of which will have to be played after midweek matches. Even if Chelsea stay in the CL and City go out. They could end up having to play a lot more matches before the end of the season than Chelsea have to deal with.

I'd agree with discounting Arsenal and Pool, Simply on the face that they have to play a lot of the big teams yet.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    The three games in hand include a visit to Old Trafford which I suspect United will win.
    Hahaha! If we win that I will post a picture of my arse in Chat

I think we'll limp towards the end of the season but still might just finish in 5th place. Having no European football next season would be disastrous for our summer recruitment.

In terms of the title, It will be between City and Chelsea. I think Liverpool will take third ahead of Arsenal. The title will go down to the final day though and I have a feeling Chelsea will edge it.

EDIT: Yeah, pretty much what ES said

Articles

I do think if Chelsea progress in the CL they might find things tricky. They've often suffered European hangovers this season and if they get to the semi-final then the Anfield game is sandwiched between these. Liverpool do play a very intense and energetic game. On a related note, given that United will have played two extra games in the past week compared to Liverpool (and I hope Olympiakos goes to extra time ) it will be interesting to see the impact that has on Sunday.