View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Premier League?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

5 23.81%
  • Man City

4 19.05%
  • Chelsea

6 28.57%
  • Some other team

6 28.57%
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 203034353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 English Football Season

Blog Entries

Never thought I'd be relying on Liverpool to drag the swans out of the mire by hammering Norwich this week.

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Aye, it was probably an exaggeration.

They are the most exciting team in the Premier League to watch. The run they're on is simply phenomenal. They fully deserve to be where they are and I reckon it will still be down to three teams on the last day of the season.

As as far as Utd go, we'll have to make do with sixth place if we can pip Tottenham to it. It will mean no European football unfortunately. Fifth is definitely out of reach now as it seems teams from Merseyside simply don't drop points anymore. Would love to see Everton finish fourth ahead of Arsenal... especially after all their wanking over Ozil and saying they were going to win the league a few short months ago.
    I believe that as City won the League Cup, a UEFA spot will go to the 6th placed side. 5th place has always been UEFA, the other two go to Carling Cup winner and FA Cup winner. For the FA Cup, the runner up gets the spot if the winner is already in Europe. I don't think that goes for the Carling Cup as well.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought it was based solely on the FA Cup?

If Arsenal win it then the runner up will get the Europa League spot... I don't know, can the Liverpool fans here confirm Europa League qualification... being quite well versed in it?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Stoke qualified as runners up in 2011 when City beat them in the FA Cup final.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, that's what I meant in my previous post.

Europa Spot #1 given to 5th placed Premier League side.

Europa Spot #2 given to League Cup winner. If the League Cup winner already qualifies through their Premier League placement, Europa Spot #2 is passed on to the 6th placed Premier League side. As Manchester City won the League Cup this season, the 6th place side will go to Europa through this rule.

Europa Spot #3 given to FA Cup winner. If the FA Cup winner already qualifies through their Premier League placement or through winning the League Cup, Europa Spot #3 is passed on to the 6th (or 7th, if 6th already qualifies for Europe thanks to Europa Spot #2) placed Premier League side. As there is a side (THE HULL THAI GRRRZ) in the final that will be outside of the Premier League entirely this season and Arsenal (the other FA Cup finalist) are looking to get 4th or 5th place through the league, Hull will be heading into the Europa League.

Blog Entries

thank you based bale

Sometimes I feel sorry for him having to play for such a godawful national team.

there was a picture here

Articles

He'll never be half the player Ian Rush was.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

So, Sunderland drew with Man City, well Sunderland is still going down fingers crossed but denying Man City some easy points on the way down? Good enough for me!

Mind, finding entertainment in the struggles of other teams is more interesting than Newcastle atm, I'll be at the match against Swansea this weekend so I hope we can win, I WAS MEANT TO BE REHEARSING FOR BAND STUFFS BUT DECIDED TO GET CHEAP FOOTBALL TICKETS FOR A CHANGE... If we don't win, I feel I made the wrong choice.
    Then I will, subsequently blame my misfortune of bad decision making on Pardew. Somehow.

Well everyone else is doing it!!

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Park, Park, wherever you may be.
    You eat dog in your home country.
    it could be worse, you could be scouse
    Eating rats in your council house.

Articles

I love that song. Shows off the racist and Tory views of United fans perfectly

Blog Entries

there was a picture here

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I don't know who I want to win the title. Liverpool are Liverpool and I'm supposed to not like them as a United fan, but I never held a grudge against any team apart from teams like Chelsea or City because they come in and try buy titles (though, it appears that's what DM is trying to do at United atm).

Liverpool deserve it, would be fitting that it would be on the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster and a player like Gerard really should have a league medal to his name. I looked at the odds and its outstandingly in Liverpool's favor to win, but it all boils down to the game at Anfield against Chelsea. I don't mind who wins between them tbh because who doesn't like Mourinho? It's a case of when they win I'll know who I wanted and didn't want to succeed.

Already looking forward to next season. I just hope to god DM starts Kagawa and Mata together more often. They are great together!

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

WELL... That was absolutely disappointing, its not as bad on a TV because of the camera angles making things seem more dramatic but this long ball BS is just horrific and boring to watch... that and giving away a penalty in the last minute... >.>

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Old Klanus View Post
    Lee Trundle white, Raheem Sterling and Glen Johnson black. Coincidence?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Augh, we've played so bad today, it's like watching Arsenal in the days where they used to pass it around the outside of the box endlessly... no penetration. How is it that we can play so well in Europe and so crap in the league?