View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Premier League?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

5 23.81%
  • Man City

4 19.05%
  • Chelsea

6 28.57%
  • Some other team

6 28.57%
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23333738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 English Football Season

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Would prefer Chelsea if only because I don't quite enjoy finals that have both teams from the same nation (let alone the same city) because it makes it seem a little less special, a little less interesting.

If Chelsea goes through, I hope Madrid win. If Athletico go through, I hope they win.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Same feelings as BoB.

Was delighted Bayern got beaten well last night. I hate some of the players on their team. Robben, Muller and especially Robery I dislike. The entire team in general seem like there is some inhuman justice done to them at times. Whenever Muller gets touched he goes down, and cries like a little baby when something doesn't go his way, running over to the ref and roaring at him. Over nothing. As for Ribery, his slap on that Carvajl(?) lad proved what a knacker he is. When things wern't going their way a few of them started sulking because they aren't used to losing.

Tactics are a huge part in football, and it was great to see from a neutral perspective the possession football get trounced by counter attacking football. It's extremely boring to watch for me. Real had 31% of the possession last night and should have had more goals, while they didn't look like conceding any. I think Pep needs to re-evaluate his style of football. I think it works great against the lower teams as they can't do anything when they get the ball.

As for the remainder of the competition? I said after Chelsea beat Man City away they were the favorites in my eyes. I expect them to beat Real in the final by 1-0 or in penalties. Well probably Real will be too much of a task as they have Ronaldo, but Chelseas defending can render teams toothless if they don't have the right strategy.

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think these three sum up the following club's season pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Man City

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Man Utd

Articles

I'd describe Liverpool as a bloke having a fight with another bloke, the bloke in red charging up to the other and repeatedly headbutting him in a frenzied assault, hoping it can KO the opponent before he gives himself brain damage. It's worked more than it should have.

Against Crystal Palace he had the fella on the ground, but too many brain cells were killed in the process and bowel control was lost.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Should City, Liverpool and Chelsea's position not change...

Man City AssassinDX Bubba DanielCLFFF13
    Some other team Carl the Llama magemasher Mahad Old Manus Shoden supernaps
    Chelsea Clyde's Shadow Dark_Valentine EtcherSketcher Laddy Minami RocketMBA

Man Utd Crop Cuchulainn Formalhaut Loony BoB Rocket Edge
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

One man can save Liverpool's title dream. Cometh the hour, cometh the donkey. Step forward the league's best footballer, Andy Carroll.

Andy Carroll was always destined to score a hat trick on the 10th of May 2014. By paying £35m to take him off Newcastle - who Liverpool face - and selling him to West Ham, Liverpool have changed the course of football history.

YOU'LL ALL SEE

That would be one of the most incredible things to ever happen on the final day of a league season, Andy Carroll being single-handedly responsible for handing Liverpool the title with a hat-trick against Manchester City. Oh man, that would be amazing.

Unfortunately a more realistic probability is City smashing West Ham and Liverpool getting a 0-0 draw, but we can dream.

Good to know I was one of three who most likely made the correct prediction for the eventual Champions, it's a shame on Bet365 I had a moment of stupidity and put £1 on United winning it.

Articles

I predicted Norwich City challenging for the Europa and Cardiff ahead of Swansea (though there was certainly an element of mischief in that prediction) so I'm not really one to talk about predictions. Though I did predict the utter failure of Moyes, I also thought they wouldn't be as awful after January.

In fairness after van Wolfwinkel scored on his debut after a couple of good seasons in Holland and Portugal I thought Norwich had pulled off one hell of a coup by signing him, much like what Michu did for Swansea I thought he might get that team into Europe.

In the end, it was just a bridge too far to expect City to lose at home. We really have no one to blame but ourselves as we had our shot. Congrats to City on holding their nerve to the end.

That being said, I am still very happy with how this season turned out. At the beginning of the year NO ONE thought Liverpool would challenge for the title. They couldn't even make the EoFF poll at the start of this thread! Finishing second, ahead of Chelsea, Arsenal......Man Utd, is a wonderful achievement for a team many thought wasn't even Top 4 quality.

Changes are definitely needed. Obviously, the defense needs a re-fit. As much as I've come to love Skrtel and Agger, I think we need more consistent defenders in the center of the pitch as we just gave up too many goals too easily at times. We also require more steel in midfield. Gerrard was a revelation this season in the deep lying role but he is going to be 34 next year and to expect him to play both provider and shield is a big mistake. He has turned in to one of the finest set piece takers in Europe however, which bodes well for the next few years.

Up front, well, there really aren't many complaints at all. Keeping Suarez is key as is Sturridge, who can still be greedy but has blossomed. I think we should bring Borini back in to the fold next year as I like his poaching abilities. However, more cover will be needed. Sterling was fantastic all year and should be allowed to continue to grow but I still have doubts about little Phillipe, not on ability but on strength. At times he could be overpowered in midfield and Liverpool need to find themselves a strong presence to help boss things there.

Still, 2nd place from where we thought this team was thought to be is immense. We go on from here. Bravo Rodgers, Bravo Liverpool. WNWA.

Take care all.

Articles

Yep, I agree. I guess it stings a little to lose out on the big one because I think we won't have a chance like that for years, but smurf it, from 7th to 2nd is phenomenal, this team is utterly crazy in attack and defence and it's been fan-smurfing-tastic to watch. Definitely my favourite ever league season as a Liverpool fan.

Blog Entries

yes yes blue moon blue moon >liverpool super garry monk etc

But at 2pm it's time for the England squad announcement. Prepare your anuses. (SPOILER)STEWART DOWNING(SPOILER)ANDY CARROLL(SPOILER)jonjo shelvey

there was a picture here