View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Premier League?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

5 23.81%
  • Man City

4 19.05%
  • Chelsea

6 28.57%
  • Some other team

6 28.57%
Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 192933343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 English Football Season

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

We did alright! People are criticising us for not having more posession but we're facing a CL winning side coached by Guardiola... so yeah. I think we had more shots on target despite their posession, and arguably better chances (that were missed, sadly) too. I still don't expect us to go through but I have more hope now.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was more than happy with the performance. Yes, we have had a lot of criticism for the way we set up but I don't really care. Any other system would probably have resulted in us getting soundly beaten. Obviously I would love us to have played beautiful, free-flowing football but you have to work with what you have. The league doesn't lie and we're in 7th place (and more than likely will stay there) for a reason. I'd be happy to see us use these tactics again in the return leg. I still feel it will be too difficult a task in the Allianz.

I only saw up to the penalty in the Chelsea game but think they might struggle in the return leg. A 2-0 win isn't out of the question though!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Man United play better football than any Guardiola team. Never understood the love in for sterile domination and pointless possession hoarding. Dire to watch. Mix that in with the gamesmanship his teams employ - if Rooney did dive then good, they deserve it - and it is the most godawful football on the planet.

Hope united win. That is how much contempt I have for Pep.

Articles

Leicester promoted back up, smurf yes! I just wish my Grandad could've been alive to see it happen.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

So, hypothetical situation. Liverpool vs. Leicester, final game of the season. Liverpool need a win to take the league and Leicester will be relegated if they don't get a point.

Who do you go for?

Articles

It's like the 90's all over again xD Only both the bad outcomes happened I think it would be a sucker punch either way. I think I'd have more faith in the Foxes coming up again than Liverpool having another shot at winning the league.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I still bear a slight grudge against Leicester for beating Tranmere Rovers in the League Cup final all those years ago.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

you know you've got a thrilling day of football when auntie beebs trademark "4 marquee player collage" picture they use for the live text is made up of Papiss "2 goals" Cisse, Leon "2 caps" Osman, Steve "Did I really play for Chelsea?" Sidwell and Paul "Are the rest of the players really so bad that they turned to me" Lambert.

that being said lol spurs, love Matej Vydra, signed him on FM2014 on my iphone and he's an utter god tier tiny ball of Czech fury.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

City/Pool consistently been the most entertaining fixture in the prem for the last few seasons, and nothing changes there. That's a proper contenders match that. Far more upset about Yaya being crippled than dropping the three points, if anything's going to bugger us in the last few games, it'll be that.

Love Dave forever.

Articles

Absolutely bonkers game. Absolutely agree, the return fixture was also incredible. Still can't believe we won. Also Henderson is a huge loss, can't believe he did that.

Wow, just wow.

I watched this match from a bar full of soccer/football fans and we were screaming, yelling, and in the end, overwhelmed and spent. What a match, swinging back and forth.

Liverpool have made a habit of starting quickly and this game was no exception. What a player Sterling has become this season. I am still not a huge fan of Sturridge and think he is far too selfish at times but my God what an attack we have. To think we almost sent Sterling out on loan too!

The Yaya injury was a big loss as he is just an immense player. Losing him really changed things for City. Full credit to them for fighting back, Silva specifically was just magic out there.

Finally, what can be said about Gerrard. Liverpool fans seem to have come around full circle on him as he has been our lifeblood, at times was a one man club and even seen as selfish but this year especially proves that he is a legend. We've spent years searching for the next Xabi Alonso from midfield and he was it all along.

Watching him be the calming force all season and then at the end of the match, tears in his eyes, screaming, cursing, imploring his teammates that they are on a mission, to stay focused on the task at hand. Sometimes you just see a look in someone's eye and know. That's the look I saw today.

4 games left, plenty of football left and Jose is always wily, but having the game at Anfield means a world of difference.

Games like this one, like the comebacks we've had, or the ones we had to fight back to claim, are what make champions.

You'll never walk alone.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Football, bloody hell" - Alex Ferguson

"Football... it's a funny old game" - Jimmy Greaves

"I just couldn't settle in Italy. It was like living in a foreign country" - Ian Rush

"If Liverpool win the league I'm going to lie on my back, stick my legs in the air and attempt to drown myself by urinating into my own mouth" - Danny Blockley

Articles

If Liverpool do it, if if if, I don't know why it is such a bad thing. Yes there are plenty of insufferable reds fans but I assure you there are just as many obnoxious United fans, more, in fact - as there are more United fans! There are obnoxious Arsenal, Chelsea, god damn Ipswich Town fans. Life is full of bell ends.

Anyway, it's an exciting attacking team with young British players and a young British manager. Can only be good for British football.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't think it's about the fans so much as the general rivalry. Most football club fans I know are pretty great. Thankfully I don't spend my time discussion football with morons very often.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aye, it was probably an exaggeration.

They are the most exciting team in the Premier League to watch. The run they're on is simply phenomenal. They fully deserve to be where they are and I reckon it will still be down to three teams on the last day of the season.

As as far as Utd go, we'll have to make do with sixth place if we can pip Tottenham to it. It will mean no European football unfortunately. Fifth is definitely out of reach now as it seems teams from Merseyside simply don't drop points anymore. Would love to see Everton finish fourth ahead of Arsenal... especially after all their wanking over Ozil and saying they were going to win the league a few short months ago.