Thread: Rest in RIP, F-Zero. For now, anyway.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Moomba Rest in RIP, F-Zero. For now, anyway.

"I certainly understand that people want a new F-Zero game," Miyamoto said. "I think where I struggle is that I don’t really have a good idea for what’s new that we could bring to F-Zero that would really turn it into a great game again. Certainly I can see how people looking at Mario Kart 8 could see, through the anti-gravity, a connection to F-Zero. But I don’t know, at this point, what direction we could go in with a new F-Zero."
    {Source}

Of course, this doesn't mean that F-Zero is gone for good. But there don't seem to be plans for one any time in the near future. I do find it interesting that Miyamoto is talking about how he doesn't have any "new directions" for it even though Nintendo often leans towards traditionalism with their games.

Thoughts?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not seeing "new directions" for things has never seemed to stop them before.

But the last F-Zero on the Gamecube was kind of awful, so I'm not sure how bothered by this I am, particularly with no desire to buy a Wii U. I'll stick to the original and F-Zero X I guess.