Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ciddies Summer 2013: Nominations CLOSED

Get me some wine. Recognized Member Queen Award, First of Her Name's Avatar

Default Ciddies Summer 2013: Nominations CLOSED

Welcome back for another edition of EoFF’s biggest semiannual event: the Ciddies. I, Award Pimp, will be your host this time, as I have bitch slapped Award Guy, Award Bot, and Award Qu for not leaving their clients fully satisfied (I’ve been told that Award Guy was generally too busy with clients’ sisters). Don’t worry, I will not try to sleep with your sisters -- but I may offer them a job. But that’s a good thing!

I will be trying some new things this Ciddies, just because I’m crazy like that. You’ll notice some missing awards and a whole lot more personality-based awards. There will also be a bit of a format change to the revelations period. Try to keep an open mind, and after it’s all over, be sure to give some feedback for future hosts to know which changes to scrap.

For one, you’ll note the conspicuous absence of “Best Male/Female” awards. These instead will be awarded to the appropriately-gendered runners-up of Best Member. And note that you can still nominate two members for every award, so it’s recommended you nominate one male and one female for that purpose (but you don’t have to).

Like for other Ciddies, try to think about what members have done in the past 6 months for these awards (except for Most Missed). Though I am less anal about this than BoB Award Guy.

PM (Mognet Message) your nominations to me, Award Pimp. Nominations period will close on Sunday, June 30. And most importantly: have fun!

1. Best Member
    2. Best Administrator/Developer [automated, don’t nominate]
    3. Best Cid’s Knight [automated, don’t nominate]
    4. Best Editor [automated, don’t nominate]
    5. Best Veteran [person who registered between 1999 and 2005 and isn’t on staff]
    6. Best Regular [person who registered between 2006 and 2012 and isn’t on staff]
    7. Best Newbie [person who registered in 2013 and isn’t on staff]
    8. Sexiest Male
    9. Sexiest Female
    10. Best Custom Rank
    11. Best Avatar
    12. Best Signature
    13. Best Artist
    14. Best Writer
    15. Best General Forums Poster
    16. Best Final Fantasy Forums Poster
    17. Best Thread Maker
    18. Best Blogger/Article Writer
    19. Best #eoff Chatter
    20. Best Thread
    21. Best Post
    22. Best Article/Article Series (nominations for one article in a series will count as a vote for the whole series)
    23. Craziest Member
    24. Wittiest Member
    25. Scariest Member
    26. Horniest Member
    27. Most Honest Member
    28. Most Devious Member
    29. Most Gullible Member
    30. Most Objectively Objective Member
    31. Most Emotional Member
    32. Most Missed Member
    33. Biggest Final Fantasy Fangirl
    34. Most Helpful Member
    35. Cutest Couple

Most Likely to…
    36. Be the Next Cid’s Knight/Editor
    37. Get Banned
    38. Win a Ciddie for the very first time
    39. Start waiting in line for Final Fantasy XV a week before its release
    40. Be a character in Kingdom Hearts 3
    41. Be Olenna Tyrell
    42. Be the victim of Olenna’s next barb
    43. Not have to pay prostitutes for sex after showing off their skills
    44. Spend $10,000 to be in the Veronica Mars movie
    45. Leave a hilarious rep comment
    46. Write about EoFF in the New York Times
    47. Become a wealthy, capitalist sweatshop owner
    48. Rant online about the winner of #47 from their mother’s basement
    49. Total their car after swerving to avoid a squirrel
    50. Get Together

Rule #1 - You can nominate yourself for no more than three awards, and any other member for no more than eight awards.
    Rule #2 - You can nominate up to two different people for each award (two pairs for Cutest Couple / MLT Get Together)
    Rule #3 - Do not post your nominations - PM them to me, Award Guy!

Rule #4 - You can't be nominated for avatar, custom rank and/or sig if you do not have an avatar, custom rank and/or sig - unless you remove them at some time during the Ciddies.
    Rule #5 - You can change your avatar, custom rank and/or sig during nominations and finals. This shouldn't cause any major issues, as you can only earn what awards you receive, be the votes late or early, that's your problem.
    Rule #6 - You can only be nominated/voted for one of the 'rank-categorized-awards'. Best Admin, Cid's Knight and Developer have automatic entry for all of the obvious included members.
    Rule #7 - You can't nominate a male for any Ciddie with the word 'female' in it, and you can't nominate a female for any Ciddie with the word 'male' in it. If it doesn't have 'male' or 'female' in it, you can nominate a member of either gender.
    Rule #8 - People who are NOT currently couples shouldn't be voted as Cutest Couple - this is for people who ARE already couples. Likewise, people who are currently couples shouldn't be voted as Most Likely To Get Together - this is for people who are NOT already couples. By 'Get Together', I mean 'Become A Couple'.
    Rule #9 - Nominations for Ciddie #38 must NOT be past Ciddies winners.
    Rule #10 - You may only nominate people who have been active since December 2012, and posts/threads/articles made after the same date.

*deep breath*

To answer some frequently asked questions...
    Also - PM your nominations before the closing date: Currently, this is expected to be June 30th 2013.
    Also - Do not spam up the Ciddies Thread with self-advertising. You are free to make a "For Your Consideration" thread for that.
    Also - You don't have to make nominations for every award.
    Also - Changes/additions can be made however often you like. Please title any PM's with Changes as 'Nomination Changes' or 'Vote Changes', and the same for additions (only 'Additions' should replace 'Changes' in the title. Duh).
    Also - Again, when nominating, please think not of overall, but purely of the last six months. In other words, if someone was really helpful one year ago, and they don't help much now, they shouldn't get that award. This is purely for the occurrences of the last six months!
    Also - The Cutest Couple award does not count into the five nominations for another member of your choice, or your self-nominations.
    Also - All nominations are strictly confidential. In addition to that - You cannot publically post your nominations or votes until after the final voting has occurred - a thread can be made for them a bit after the results are shown.
    Also - In general, to be nominated into the second round for an award, a member needs to obtain two nominations in that award. Should eight members all receive three nominations, then the cut-off will be raised to three nominations, and the same for eight members receiving four nominations each, and so on. The only exception to this rule will be if only 1-3 members will be cut, meaning it's not worth the change. This rule may be stricter due to the rule change to allow two nominations per award. In general, the nominations will be cut so that no more than 7 or 8 members (or couples) are nominated for each award (Best Member being a possible exception).
    Also - I hold the right to reject any nominations/votes for any reason, most often this is that the member hasn't been active in the forums in the past six months.
    Also - For a list of past Ciddies winners, THE LIST.
    Also - Award Guy, Election Booth and second accounts are only allowed to be voted for the MLT (Most Likely To...) and Profile (Custom Title, Avatar, Signature) Ciddies.
    Also - Banned members are only allowed to be voted for the Best Chatter and Most Missed Member Ciddies.
    Also - If a member belongs to more than one group (e.g. Recognized Member AND Veteran) then they are eligible ONLY for the first of those groups to appear in the list. This covers Ciddies for Best Admin, Cid's Knight, Recognized Member/Former Staff, Veteran, Regular and Newbie, but Developer/Editor is the exception.
    Also - Let's keep it fun. GO! Nominate!
    Last edited by Raistlin; 06-22-2013 at 04:23 AM.

Also - PM your nominations before the closing date: Currently, this is expected to be 30th November 2012.
    Dammit.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Hah, oops, I missed that one. *fixes*

:monster:

Congrats to all the winners.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Rule #11: Sephex must not win. The prophecy must not come true!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Who is Olena Tyrell and why should I care?

:monster:

She's from Game of Thrones and she is an incredibly badass grandma.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I dunno if I was the first person to complete nominations, but are we giving out a star to the person who does this Ciddies?
    ahahaha I like how we haven't done that in a year and you still remember xD

And of course, this shall be but another year in which I don't even get nominated for Most Hardcore Gamer.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Feels weird to be a Veteran member, still.

...Wait? There is no most hardcore gamer this year? The smurf? O_O

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    ...Wait? There is no most hardcore gamer this year? The smurf? O_O
    You can get biggest FF fangirl if you want? :3

Even were I a girl, I doubt I'd get that nomination at this stage.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I started my ciddie nominations like 5 minutes after this was posted but I'm so slow that it tookme a while to get them out. So no star for me .

I'm so excited . I had a hard time with a lot of them, especially best veteran because there were like 10 people I wanted to nominate.

Get me some wine. Recognized Member Queen Award, First of Her Name's Avatar

I have no idea about this star system, but the first person to send in any nominations was shion and the first person to send in a complete set of nominations (two for every award) was Tifa's Boobs.

Also, thanks to Aulayna for making Award Pimp's pimpin' new avatar.