Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom hearts 3 ideas

Default Kingdom hearts 3 ideas

I just remembered that disney now items star wars , and got marvel a while back. Here is my pitch....death star as a world, and lightsaber keyblades; also we could see avengers in it woooo.

it probably sounds lame to most people, but I just got off work not long ago and I am just a little sleepy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

01-how-about-no-bear.jpg

Seriously, for me KH has always been about FF meets Disney. I do not want any Star Wars (or Marvel for, that matter) in it. That would simply defeat the purpose of the games. Plus, the story is complex as is.

Because anything is better than: a Cars world, a Bug's Life world, a Monster's anything world, a 101 Dalmatians world, a Bambi world, a Dumbo world, an Aristocats world, a Winnie the Pooh world (yes, I disapproved of them both), and any return to spontaneous outbursts of song and dance a la the Little Mermaid...

To be acceptable, Star Wars references would have to be limited to the unaltered Ep. IV-VI. This pretty much means the only characters we should see are Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, and the droids (the latter three and non-plot NPC filler; unless Star Wars were to be featured as an ACTUAL world, then R2-D2 may be necessary for plot advancement). Big Bads of this realm would be limited to Boba Fett and Darth Vader. I don't include the Emperor because he hasn't nearly the emotion impact upon Luke as battling his father. Plus in the movies, the Emperor was never actually physically fought.

I don't like the idea of a lightsaber keyblade. I don't see there being a way to maintain its in-universe plausibility while rendering it also aesthetically pleasing insomuch as a keyblade is expected to appear. Leave the lightsabers to Luke.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

What about the Keyblade you get for beating Young Xehanort in BBS? Pretty much what one would call a lightsaber Keyblade and it looked pretty friggin' awesome.

I haven't played BBS. I don't know what that looks like.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    What about the Keyblade you get for beating Young Xehanort in BBS? Pretty much what one would call a lightsaber Keyblade and it looked pretty friggin' awesome.
    Not really, it's just got a shaft that glows. The key part of it is still metal spikes, which would look really out of place on a lightsaber.

Lawyered.

I just thought that it was am interesting idea, I know it could be very bad, but it could possibly happen now and everyone knows it.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I think people are getting way too carried away with the possibility of Star Wars and Marvel worlds in Kingdom Hearts. Let's run down the list of games in the Kingdom Hearts series that have been released since Disney's complete acquisition of Pixar in 2007:

• 358/2 Days
    • Coded/re:Coded
    • Birth by Sleep
    • Dream, Drop, Distance

Nomura has expressed on multiple occasions since the first game came out when Pixar was still an independent studio working with Disney that he has wanted to include Pixar worlds. It's been six years with all immediate licensing obstacles removed and it still hasn't happened. Never mind the bigger concern for Star Wars and Marvel inclusion: other game studios already have licensing deals with Disney for these titles. After the dissolution of Lucas Arts, Disney signed an exclusive deal to have EA (via DICE, Bioware, and Visceral studios) develop all future Star Wars games. Marvel is probably a bit easier to get a hold of since they don't have a blanket contract for those the way they do for Star Wars (at least not one that's interfering Capcom's use of the license for Marvel vs. Capcom, but you'd be surprised at how ridiculous some of these contractual restrictions can get.

Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it. Anyone considering it likely, though, is probably kidding themselves.

Since they can't include a Marvel world as Marvel is a multiverse (the best they could do would be to create an original world populated with the 21st century's most popular/well-known Marvel characters: i.e. X-Men, Avengers). Outside creating a whole world, they'd have to identify the most suitable candidates who wouldn't on their own break the game 'cause they gotta know fans aren't going to accept them being powercapped. Cyclops, Beast, Gambit, Emma Frost, Spiderman, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thing, Daredevil, Electra, etc.

Then they'd have to determine who among those character are popular enough to bother putting into the universe. Probably not DD or Electra having been received poorly due to horrible acting.

What Marvel villain could appear to justify the use of a "Marvel world"? There are so many choices. The obvious would be some universal threat like Galactus (which also makes sense as to why the group would bother fighting him as their priority has always been saving the worlds).

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think it would be cool if they added a dual wield ability to allow 2 keyblades to be equipped. Or some way to modify the keyblade. Or combine keyblades into better versions. This is an area of customization that they haven't yet touched.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Oh yeah. I once wrote up a description of an entire series of Keyblade Fusions including some that allowed you to summon creatures such as Yojimbo. The act of Modding keyblades has existed in some form throughout the series (at least I,II,Days,and Coded) whether simply considering the keychains altering the keyblade or adding smaller components as in Days. An example as to how the wielder's power come FROM the keyblade. Take that Pupu.

Summon Jafar as Ifrit, Summon Snow Queen (Narnia) as Shiva, Summon Maleficent as Bahamut, Summon Auto (WALL-E) as Eden, Summon Chernabog as Anima, Summon Zeus as Ramuh, Summon Hercules as Titan, Summon Pegasus as Pandemona, Summon Cerberus, Summon Hades (I know, lots of Hercules characters, right?), Summon Oogie Boogie as Cuchulainn, Summon Polar Express (I know, not Disney) as Doomtrain, Summon Triton as Leviathan, Summon Queen Grimhilde (Snow White) as Carbuncle, Summon The Horned King (Black Cauldron) as Odin, Summon Monstro as Bismarck, Summon Big Bad Wolf as Fenrir, Summon Doctor Facilier as Phantom, Summon Ursula as Gilgamesh? (tentacles closest thing to multiple hands), Summon Syndrome as Ark (closest thing FF has to a "superhero")

I'm bored.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

They should do a homage to Star Wars and have a Gummi Ship mission where you fly down the trench of Gummi Death Star to drop a Gummi Bomb into the Gummi ventilation shaft. All the time have some comedy banter going on between Chip n Dale. That'd be amazing.