Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516172131 ... LastLast

Thread: BoB's Top 100 Games

Blog Entries

Oh how I loved Wolfenstein 3D as a child! I think my mom beat it at one point.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I don't think I ever played either of those games. The PS1 was my first introduction to Duke Nukem, and it certainly would not make my list of top games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

80. Jump 'n Bump
    PC, 1998

jumpnbump2.png

One of the simplest multiplayer games you'll ever play in your life. Easily one of the most amazing multiplayer games I've played in mine. The hours of gameplay my cousin and I got out of this were insane. There would be gibs everywhere when we were done. If I were given the opportunity to add one old school indie PC game into PSN so I could play it over the network, this would be it. "You jump, I'll bump." Oh dear. xD I really want to play this with EoFFers over the 'net. So freaking much.

On a sidenote, this was originally something like #93 but I kept bumping it up a few games at a time.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I don't think I ever played either of those games. The PS1 was my first introduction to Duke Nukem, and it certainly would not make my list of top games.
    Well you'd be wrong because Dook 3D was an amazing game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

79. Army of Two: The 40th Day
    PS3, 2010

40thday.png

This game has to be played in splitscreen to be truly appreciated, and with people who don't take their games too seriously. Danielle and I fit this perfectly. The game was enjoyable from start to finish and we were never bored. My favourite parts were always the slow-motion 80's-esque bravado scenes where you go back to back and shoot the hell out of absolutely everything around you, making use of a blatantly ridiculous number of weapons and explosive barrels. Great fun. Also, this is one of those games I put in knowing full well that fans of the earlier mentioned games were going to ridicule me. I don't care! Fun is fun!

78. Syndicate
    PC, 1993

I actually thought this game came out a bit later. Huh. Just shows how good it is, really. Anyway: Learn to play the game, get used to how it works, figure out the tech tree, discover Persuadatron, never look back. Ever. I mean, that thing is the most wonderful little gadget I've ever seen in a real-time strategy/tactics game. Or whatever this genre is. There is nothing quite so satisfying as walking into what should be an ambush on us just to have two dozen citizens utterly destroy your enemies. Some die? It's okay, there will be more. I want to play this game again now...

I enjoyed the first couple Army of Two games, but yeah. Without a partner they are kind of dull.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Syndicate is an amazing game. I actually like Wars more but hey!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't remember playing Syndicate Wars, but I remember the name very well, which usually means I have. I guess I didn't play it long enough for a lasting impression.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I approve of the inclusion of Syndicate.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

77. Destruction Derby
    PlayStation, 1995

Destruction Derby was pretty much the best game I got to play on the PlayStation for the first year or two. I'm not saying there weren't better games during that period, but that I didn't play them. This game was awesome. It helps that I adored stock car racing when I was in NZ (and I expect to get back into it when I return). But yeah... just driving around like a nutter, smashing up other cars... there's something extremely satisfying about it. I didn't care for the racing aspect, it was all about the Destruction Derby itself for me.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Destruction Derby was the first PSone game I got!

Along with TOCA Touring Car Championship, Oddworld Abe's Odyssey and I think... Croc: Legend of the Gobbos.

The racing part was meh... it was all about the arena!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Haha, DD2 was one of my first PS1 games and I absolutely agree with Aul. In the racing I used to just point my car the wrong way and drive backwards around the track smashing people head on.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

BoB has surprisingly good taste. Despite the age difference, we both seem to have grown up on almost the same stuff???

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Memories~

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Haha, DD2 was one of my first PS1 games and I absolutely agree with Aul. In the racing I used to just point my car the wrong way and drive backwards around the track smashing people head on.
    YES. xD This was the only correct thing to do in such a game. And when the front of the car is all busted, you start reversing into them or letting them drive into your sides.

76. Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit
    PlayStation, 1998

Probably the best racing game I ever played that didn't involve weapons and power-ups. Although I think as a cop you could still call in some kind of assistance, like spikes to ruin tyres or whatever. Either way, this game was great, me and my neighbour would play it for ages. All the different race/pursuit modes I can remember were really enjoyable and the tracks were great and varied. The cars were, of course, glorious. The gameplay in general just really worked, and while it was good with one person, two people made it utterly fantastic fun.