Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678122252 ... LastLast

Thread: BoB's Top 100 Games

I may need to play it again actually, if it was the game I'm thinking of, it's been freaking ages since I've touched it.

Edit: And don't worry BoB, my opinion of you is low enough none of it will surprise me!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I lost my list in my dead computer .

looking forward to your list, BoB!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've thought about making a similar list for myself, but I am really bad at ranking games in this way. It's generally a matter if I really like the game, thought it was just okay, or absolutely hate it. Outside of those 3 categories, I could never actually choose which of the games I really like would rank higher than the other games I really like. Oh well.

Also, Dig Dug is awesome. I haven't played it in years, but I would play it almost every day for like a year when I was a kid. I need to play it again.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I can tell this is BoB's list because it's one game at a time starting from 100. For the top 20, he'll be making us predict which game comes next on the list, and then revealing the "winner" over three posts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    To be honest Dig Dug should really be up in everyone's Top 25. I spent about 45 minutes playing it yesterday.

45 minutes playing a 30 year old game. That's staying power.
    Bah! SkiFree is the only true old school game that really matters!

...seriously, that game was awesome and if it's not on BoB's list, Neo's list will automatically be better even though it didn't include that game either.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    To be honest Dig Dug should really be up in everyone's Top 25. I spent about 45 minutes playing it yesterday.

45 minutes playing a 30 year old game. That's staying power.
    Bah! SkiFree is the only true old school game that really matters!

...seriously, that game was awesome and if it's not on BoB's list, Neo's list will automatically be better even though it didn't include that game either.
    Boy, is this awkward.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Include SkiFree, and you'll win by default!

...actually, I had completely forgotten about both Dig Dug and SkiFree until I saw Dig Dug just now on this list. They are totally different games, and SkiFree is like 9 years older... but somehow, Dig Dug brought back all these ancient gaming memories from ages past. And among those, one nostalgic memory shined brighter than the rest. And that was SkiFree. Oh gawd! All the hours I spent going down that same old slope, only to be eaten by a troll... over and over again! Ahhhhhh!!!

*ahem*

Oh god I think I played that one too now that you mentioned the troll. XD

Blog Entries

That troll was the troll of all trolls. He was trolling before trolling even was a thing. <3

*Starts talking about a totally different game than the one BoB brought up.* xD

It was inevitable.

Well, that was an awesome list, BoB. Who goes next?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Banned

This is going to take a while...

I'd make a similar list, but I think Cracker would shoot and/or stab me before I had the chance.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

At this rate I'll have 2,700 posts in the thread! Still, Dig Dug warrants at least 27 posts. So I feel entirely justified.

99. Commander Keen (series)
    PC, 1990-1991

I loved these games. The more I look back at them, the more I see how much they influenced various things I really, really love in gaming. I played them at my godparents' house which I think was a farm somewhere in Wairarapa, and Commander Keen was a must-play for me alongside other games such as Crystal Caves and... well, I forget the names of the others at the moment. The Commander Keen games were easily the best. I loved that you could travel from map to map instead of just being 'teleported' between them. I loved the pogo stick. I loved being able to play the levels in the order I chose. It just seemed so great. A traversable overworld. I didn't know those words back then, it was just walking around a map, but these days they apparently struggle to get it into modern Final Fantasy games. Go figure. Anyway, yeah, I loved them. I can never remember much about them until I see the screenshots and the videos, but every time I watch one of those videos and see those screenshots, I remember everything I see. It was just a really, really fun game.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Well, and now I get to say I haven't played it. :P